River Road Golf Course

River Road Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5216 yards 70.0 118
Scorecard for River Road Golf Course
Black M: 70.8/122 315 471 449 171 562 205 551 180 384 3288 194 469 341 351 192 354 172 543 350 2966 6254
Gold M: 68.5/121 W: 74.2/124 290 465 427 154 542 176 530 161 361 3106 177 442 323 332 140 334 149 522 325 2744 5850
Green M: 65.4/105 W: 70.0/118 260 445 401 126 524 150 505 129 318 2858 142 408 300 267 84 257 127 497 276 2358 5216

Year Built 1992

Dress code Walking shorts accepted, no jogging pants, no cut-offs. T-shirts allowed

Tight but fun

This course is deceivingly challenging due to its narrow treed fairways and quick undulating greens. A good test but not for the wayward shooter.

Good course to play. Very tight and lots of trouble, you will need to have course management in mind for most holes.

Underrated course, I enjoy playing it. Sure they have their challenges but overall I enjoy playing here.

Response from River Road Golf Course on 06/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Tough little course.

Hardest of the city courses, good bang for the buck.

River Road

A recently opened up course with a plethora of challenges.

Course management is a must with the dangers that are present at tee distances. Playing this course smart is the best way to score well. However, that being said playing smart hinders your chances of scoring lower.

The most difficult out of the four city courses available, the cheapest also.

Bang for buck, very good.

Chris

Response from River Road Golf Course on 09/05/2017:
Hello Chris, thank you for taking the time to review our course, River Road Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our golf course and we appreciate your feedback about how to best play our course. We are also glad that your round was a great value for you. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Ontario - Niagra/Windsor area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

City Course

Your typical city course. Friendly staff, decent value but course in pretty rough shape. Needs a lot of work.

Response from River Road Golf Course on 05/24/2017:
Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not ideal during your round. We are closely monitoring the conditions currently and making improvements to enhance the quality of golf we offer to the community. We are happy to hear the pace of play and staff friendliness were enjoyable during your visit with us. Thank you for stopping by River Road Golf Course and we hope to see you back again soon. Have a great day!

Misleading

Booked 18 through golfnow. However, not only on the app or when we went to go pay at the desk did they/it even bother to mention that the back 9 was closed. We didn't find out the back 9 was closed until we approached it after we hit the front 9 and long after we already paid for 18. The guy came out and said to play the front 9 again. Which we did not want to do. Only played like 2 holes after that since the front 9 was in extremely rough shape also. Wouldn't have booked ahead of time if that was mentioned or paid for 18 for that matter. Also our T time for 3pm, when we were about to go hut, there was a team of 3 that was adamant that the guy said their time was also 3pm and decided they were not giving up their spot because what the guy had told them, even though we provided proof that we were supposed to go first. Needless to say, our group of 2 had to wait for them the whole entire 9 thanks to the same booking.

Response from River Road Golf Course on 04/25/2017:
Hi Keith, thank you for the review. We regret to hear that you were not made aware of the back 9 holes being closed prior to your round. This is not the standard we are trying to set for our golfers and will pass this note along to help make improvements with our communication to our golfers. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon!

Great weather for Nov. 13 in southwestern Ontario. Maintenance did a great job blowing the leaves off the fairways. Loved it.

So slow

Greens had ball marks all over fairways where nice the pace was so very slow it took away from the game

Average at best

Course is tight and narrow which makes it difficult but no issues with that. Ground was very hard and grass was dead in most places leaving rarely a good shot even out of the fairway. Not a busy day but had ++slow golfers out making slow pace of play. Fringe was very long and slow. Would not play again. If playing a city course Fanshawe Traditional is much better. Also there is no beverage cart so pack some beverages of stock up before each 9.

Can't keep up with mother nature

It has been years since I last played this course and I am happy to see improvement in the playability of the course. Unfortunately fall staffing seems to have been unable to keep up with changes in weather. 11am and several greens were still covered in leaves, obviously no effort was made to blow them clear. Fairways weren't bad at all. Greens were rough. I have played other courses in the area in the same price point and they are all far superior conditions.

Perfect golf day with my daughter

My daughter and I showed up a little early and the nice gentleman in the pro shop let us go out early. There was no one in front of us but we noticed a lot were starting when we were completing our round. Course was in great shape, greens were nice and rolled true. Had hotdogs and a beer for me at the turn without any delay. I hope to get to River Road a few more times this year.

River Road Review

River Road is a nice golf course, very tight so hard for beginner players but overall good quality for what you pay for and we'll maintained. One of the nicer courses in East London

Enjoy playing this course

Course is challenging, but fun to play. It is in excellent condition, sand traps are raked, there is water available on the course which is nice. A couple of holes are too close together for comfort, but other than that it's great. Pace of play is generally good,

Could be Better

Played on a very hot, sunny day behind a couple of very slow players. I actually ran the ball up beside them a couple of times hoping they would get the hint but they never once acknowledge us. No sign of a Ranger or beverage cart anywhere on the course. Course itself was in okay shape with some very challenging holes cut through the trees. I think this course could be a lot better with better maintainence on the fairways and greens , a Ranger to speed up the pace of play and a beverage cart roaming the course , at least during July / August. Not worth the regular price but okay if you can get a deal on Golfnow.

Course Condition! Condition! Condition!

The perennial Achilles heel of this course and the other London municipal courses is the poor condition of the course. If I wanted to play in dandelions and clover, there are lots of pastures in the area. Hard to differentiate between fairway and rough. Until the Municipal courses get that figured out they will struggle to be solvent.

great value for money

Real nice course with a good mix of par 5's and 4's. I played on a rather windy day and lost a few balls. Driving accuracy more important in the back nine as there are some thight fairways. I would play here again.

Oh yeah

I hadn't played this course in a while. I remembered why after the first few holes. The fairways and greens are thin, lots of brown earth showing. The real challenge to this course is hitting it long and straight, no water and only a few traps around the greens. The beer was ice cold but with no staff to serve you, who would know. There are so many friendlier, nicer courses around, I won't play this one again.

Dorchester, Ontario