Eagles Nest Golf Club

Eagle 72 7476 yards 76.3 143
Green (W) 72 5677 yards 72.5 131
Bronze (W) 72 5183 yards 70.2 121
Scorecard for Eagles Nest Golf Club
Eagle M: 76.3/143 565 441 450 400 191 359 435 164 582 3587 438 439 470 190 425 242 559 642 484 3889 7476
Black M: 74.1/141 543 407 446 394 188 351 429 159 545 3462 422 431 430 186 420 209 527 560 438 3623 7085
Gold M: 72.3/137 522 382 430 372 163 321 406 141 520 3257 383 409 414 170 401 180 510 542 414 3423 6680
White M: 70.3/131 W: 76.4/149 500 352 408 344 141 296 368 122 490 3021 374 381 396 152 362 144 483 520 392 3204 6225
Green M: 66.7/120 W: 72.5/131 436 352 408 344 141 296 318 122 406 2823 374 310 330 152 362 144 417 442 323 2854 5677
Bronze M: 65.0/114 W: 70.2/121 436 300 326 292 125 276 318 104 406 2583 298 310 330 84 296 100 417 442 323 2600 5183

Year Built 2004
Golf Season April 27th - November 11th
Architect Doug Carrick (2004)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Canada (2016 #13)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ontario (2014 #5)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 20

Superb!

It was a rainy day so we had the course to ourselves, what a superb track. Sometimes new you go to a course and say oh wow what a great hole once in a round, at Eagle’s Nest they just keep coming. Greens were slick and staff were very friendly - superb experience all round.

Aerification on green without alert on booking.

Our foursome were not happy with the green that was still under aeration and not mention while we book the course. The pro shop said the green have been aerated in the past 10 days and that's ok. I think the maintenance staff should certify the green to an industrial standard before saying that the green is normal.

Another thing is the pin placement. We were told by the starter that the pin location was 5 and was not matched. Would appreciate to monitor it right next time. thanks

Quite tough but beautiful course

First time playing here and ia above my expectation. Well maintained with friendly staff and beautiful scenery. You can actually see the CN Tower and Toronto city skyline from the eight hole up on the hill. The challenging part is the rough and bunkers, many of them and some are deep with high walls, sure like a one stoke penalty. Enjoy the view from high on the hill even it may be a bit windy. One can play the easier white tee and if want to be more challenging, the gold, black or the 7,500 yards Eagle tee will not disappoint you.

Great golf experience

Fantastic course, staff and facilities!

Wide variety of yardage’s to match playing ability. But a real challenge! Really enjoyed the whole experience. The price is relatively high BUT fits the quality, - good value for money!

A must play!

Best course I've played in Canada...

I moved to Toronto from the US last year, and so far played courses in NS and ON. In ON, I've played Eagles Nest, Lions Head, Glen Abbey, Royal Niagara, Old Niagara, Richmond Hill, Legends, and Don Valley Golf Club, and maybe a couple others I've forgotten.

Hands down, Eagles Nest is the finest course. The layout is spectacular. There are two holes with views of the valley floor below that surpasses #11 at Glen Abbey (no kidding!)

The course is LONG; fairways are springy, traps are deep and well placed along the fairway; greens are fast, roll well and with slope variation. Lots of elevated greens and tee boxes.

They have a free yardage book I recommend you get and study over.

It's one of the most photogenic courses I've played. I lost 3 golf balls in fescue, but those were errant shots. I played the white and gold tees (depending on layout of hole). I'm 72 with a 16 handicap. I generally play a conservative game, often laying up on long Par 4's.

Played by myself (first time) on a really hot day, so I had a chance to compete against myself with two shots each (best score was 88). I really spent a lot of time preparing each shot (no one behind me).

Very good locker facilities with showers and towels, etc. all in included. Water bottles in an ice bucket. Brand new carts

I honestly can't think of anything that they could improve upon.

I think I'm going to make this my regular playing course 2-3 times a month.

Hard to beat in the GTA public golf world

They are having some issues with the greens. Two different types of grass now. Makes it tough. Always the toughest course in southern Ontario.

Probably the best public course in GTA

Cannot complain anything! It is your fault if you had a bad day...!!!

Toronto's Best Golf Course and one of the top 3 in Canada.

The course lay out and condition is out standing. Greens are fast and bunkers are challenging. Five different Tee box options for all golfers. Staff and facilities from range to halfway house and at the club house are excellent. We need more hot deals for this course. We also need local Kraft beers. I would play again any day.

Nice looking holes. Bring lots of balls. The fescue can hide offline shots.

Bistro menu at the halfway house between the clubhouse and driving range has nice breakfast options for morning tee times before the main restaurant opens. The beverage carts seem to park at one location each on the front and back so we could have seen them more if they circulated.

Nicely placed sets of tee boxes, from the tips you better be really good and if you're not, you're a jerk for your slow play. The starter recommends moving up to the shorter tees. The most forward tees eliminate having to carry the hazards and ensure everyone can have a nice round. We played white tees and had a great time and were finished in 4:15 after slower back nine congestion on every hole.

Course layout requires a variety of shots. The elevation changes provide some nice looking holes.

This public course has got to be one of the GTA'S best. Mostly a second shot course that should have a higher slope rating , truly a pleasure to play. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating.

Worst experience

I was playing yesterday and I was paired up with a foursome but one Person in particular didn’t want to play with us he wanted to go out with his girlfriend alone which they didn’t allow him so he started giving us attitude and hit me twice woth a ball and almost want it to fight me so I called the marshal on duty and told him about the situation he was nice enough to talk to the manager to come and meet us also we were 8 people on the tee because it was backed up and also th group I was paired up with decided to go on their own so finally the manager came to talk to us and offered us to play the front nine again to speed up the game which is not fair I only played the front nine twice I asked him if I can back another day and play the back nine because at that point I was so frustrated I just want it to finish!

Very challenging green

Layout not so good for average player!

Green is difficult to land.

Poor shower facility!

Club house is beautiful.

Great track..service dosn't match course

First, let me start by saying this course is in great condition, very challenging. Normally there weekday rates are $180, 200 plus. Which is IMO, a top tier price to pay for a course.

But, the half way house was closed on the turn after 9, we went downstairs to the bar to find food and a beer, and it was a social club between the bartender and 5 people, service was horrible, nothing to eat unless ordered and delivered, and the bartender ,, well she was more interested in the sitting bar boys, then serving clients that were on the turn. I am not a picky person, but if you want to charge Eagles Nest prices, then train your staff to be attentive, don't close the half way house while golfers are out there, and pay attention. Sadly most of the golfers here aren't the regular public, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019