Year Built 1940
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 1

Short and Sweet

Ive played this course many times over the years. Its only 9 holes but its kept very well. Popular course with all ages and skill levels. For more skilled players, you can easily get around this course without a driver or even fairway woods. The course is tight, and does require you to shape some of your tee shots. The 2 best holes on the course are the par 5 2nd hole thats very picturesque and the par 4 9th which is probably the toughest par 4 on the course and a great hole to finish on. The course is a bit pricy i think for 9 holes, but not uncommon in the GTA.

Commented on 05/03/2017

Thanks so much for your review Colin. We hope to see you again soon!

Love this place!

Markham Green is a great 9 hole golf course. The course is challenging but fair. It is always in incredible shape. As it is an old course there are loads of big beautiful trees and is set in a valley with a river running through it! Watch out for deer and foxes! I am a walker and it is a good work out without being too exhausting. You can ride too though
The staff is very friendly and efficient...greeting you as if you are a member! The pro shop is well stocked with good deals.
The apres golf is always yummy!! Just need some blue cheese for the delicious wings and some balsamic vinagrette for my salad and all would be perfect!! They have a beverage cart too to keep you fueled up on the course.
I would, and do, go back again and again. Try it and enjoy!!

Commented on 05/03/2017

Thanks so much for your kind words nuttyforgolf!

We actually have balsamic vinaigrette for the salads now and I will be sure to put blue cheese on my next order!

Hope to see you soon!

UnderPar Coupon.......Don't Expect To Play The Free Replay!

We used an Under Par Coupon which lets you play another 9holes for free. They do not guarantee the 2nd 9 holes as it depends on availabilty after you play the 1st 9. They even warn you when you first check in so you know what they are planning already. To our frustration, the staff have no intention on letting you play that 2nd round. When we finished our first 9, we were told that they were all booked up and we couldn't get out there. We had a beer in the clubhouse and hung around for about 30-40mins, and no new players checked in and no one was waiting on the first tee. They wanted to keep it open for walk-ins $$$ so any under par coupon holders are out of luck. Very disappointed and upset with this course and management. We will never return and UnderPar should take this course off their list!

Hi Chris

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your day at Markham Green.

I can only guess by reading your review that we must have been clearing the course for a shotgun tournament that day. If this was the case it would have been nice for our staff to explain this situation to you. I can totally understand your frustration at seeing an empty first tee while being told you you can't go out again.

If you have any interest of returning to Markham Green we would love to have you back as our guest for the day. Please contact me directly at zacs@markhamgreen.com. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your day with us.

Thanks for your review.

Zac Spain

Commented on 09/06/2016

I think you must be mistaken. I play this course all the time and they are always extremely friendly and fair. If they can get you out there they will. Perhaps they were clearing the course for a shotgun tourney.
In fact I enjoy this course so much you have pushed me to do my own review.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020