A view of green #6 at The Ridge at Manitou Golf Club.
2.6
2.2
2.3

The Ridge at Manitou Golf Club

Year Built 2005
Golf Season May - October
Architect Thomas McBroom (2005)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Golf appropriate attire is required for all golf and clubhouse guests. Hats are not permitted in the dining room.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Showers, Lockers

Ridge at manitou

This course was an absolute treat from the beautiful day we had and awesome service you really can't ask for much more and the course was absolutely stunning can't wait to go back

6 hour round

Teed off at 2:20. After 2 hours and forty minutes we were on the 9 th tee. We called the pro shop who said they would remedy the situation. Nothing happened. There were 2 groups waiting to tee off on every hole. We got to the 18th green at 8:20 pm at dark.
6 HOURS!!! Terrible

Parking lot full of Angry Golfers

At 7:30 there was plenty of time left to play and the play coordinator kicked my group along with another 4 groups off the course. The reasoning was apparently the play coordinator wanted to go home, would not recommend any tee off time after 2:30, total waste of money.

Course in rough shape and some tee blocks were unplayable and parts of greens were dead. Cart had no power and almost would stop on uphill paths. Not as I remembered from 10 years ago.

A Heads up would be nice

I read the reviews, and it is true that the course is in rough shape compared to previous years. We were paired with a local, and he gave us the back story. They don't tell you what you are in for, which I think is a poor business stategy. We got a good deal, I wouldn't pay the asking price right now. The bones of the course are still there, and you can tell they are trying to get it back, but it won't happen until next year. If you can get past this and accept the conditions, it can be enjoyable, if not, I would wait until next season to play.

Cart path

Every time I play this course cart path only, think once out of 7 times got 90 degree & that was because I had someone that required blue flag.
Seems they never allow carts on fairways & never inside 100 yard mark..

A little rough in places due to tough winter but a really fun play. Visually gorgeous layout. Going back for sure and i have to drive 2 hours to get there.

Course is slowly recovering

I ha e played the ridge several times every year since it opened. And like others I have been disappointed with the conditions on the course. However this was the fifth time I played this year and the course is slowly recovering. Lots of work is ongoing to improve the condition fairways and greens There are times you need to place your ball away from areas under repair and the greens are still slower than usual. But it is still a great course and a lot of fun. I am impressed at the amount of time and effort to bring this course back to its former glory

Drastic Change

I have played the course twice previously and was absolutely shocked by the condition since last year. The greens and tees were covered by bald and dead patches. It was the worst greens in regards to bald spots I have played in recent memory. I don’t know if it is the fault of new ownership, the greenskeeper, or bad winter kill. I hope for everyone’s sake, the situation is corrected because it truly is a wonderful layout!

Great layout, bad conditions

This was the first time I played this course and it was highly obvious that they are having difficulty with their watering systems. Lots of brown patches around the sides of most greens, the greens were very inconsistent speeds also. The layout of the course is very nice and the 18th hole is amazing. Once the course conditions get back to par I will go back. Until then I would not recommend the course.

Overall poor conditions, The greens are the worst I've played all year, Fairways poor but not as bad as the greens , Teed of at 2pm pace very slow with no Marshal to speed up play, Check in staff friendly but after round we wanted to have drinks and dinner on the patio but it closed at 6pm , there where at least 4 groups behind us, The building was locked so no wash rooms We had a 2 hour drive home We where not told when checking in that the club house would be closed when we finished our round .I did ask a staff member and was told i should have checked the web site , Very sad to see such a great course in such bad condition, If we had been informed before booking and the rate was adjusted then we may or may not have driven 2 hours to play. Im sure the course will come back by next year but if you are thinking of playing don't expect the old Ridge i'ts not there this season

Beautiful Course

Fantastic Muskoka layout. Was in excellent shape when I played it several years ago, but they've had trouble with conditioning this year. Great clubhouse patio overlooking the lake.

Greatness diminished

Played The Ridge for the second time, almost a year to the day from my first trip there. What happened? Beautiful course architecture has been completely undermined my absolutely terrible conditions. Dead, brown and bare patches all over the course, in all grass-types. Weeds abound on several tee blocks. Greens were more bounce than roll. Despite what appeared to be back-to-back foursomes heading out, halfway house was closed and no drink cart was going around. I had asked at clubhouse just before teeing off and was told both would be operating. Apparently, new ownership has little interest in keeping up previous superb standards. I will not go back unless a restoration occurs. To be avoided, at present.

Very disappointing condition and pace

My family and I have been playing this course every year since it first opened around 2007. We were not members (so we are not jaded from when it went public). Upon playing our first round of the year at the ridge on July 26th, we don’t think we’ll be returning in 2020.

20-30% of every green is brown and dead. The greens are in HORRIBLE shape. My god they are terrible. I felt like I was playing croquet with the amount of force required to hit a putt.

Pace was really slow. We quit on fifteen after we watched THREE groups ahead of us play the hole. After we quit, we drove into the clubhouse. Sure enough, we passed a fivesome two holes ahead of us. A fivesome! 3 carts with 5 bags, no wonder the pace was slow! It would’ve taken us over an hour to play those final four holes.

We mentioned the fivesome to the play coordinator when we came in. He appeared disinterested and continued to talk to his back shop colleague. There was no urgency to improve the pace of play.

Overall we found this to be extremely disappointing and probably the end of one of the greatest golf courses in the area.

Course Condition

I invited 3 friends to play at The Ridge as I was very impressed with this course last year. I can not believe how this course has changed. We were definitely disappointed with the condition of the course from the tee box,to the fairways to the greens. The maintenance of this course is at an all time low.
What bothers me most is that The Ridge continues to charge a premium price for a substandard course.
Ownership needs to get their "Poop in a group" to say the least!. The staff was courteous, friendly and polite however were sensitive when asked about the course morely they are overwhelmed with customer complaints!
I would not recommend The Ridge until it resembles what it looked like a year ago!

New fav of muskoka

Course is not in its best shape 6 out 10 on condition but the layout is awesome really enjoyed my round.Will play again for sure

Parry Sound, Ontario