Legends on the Niagara Golf Course - Ussher's Creek

Location is worth the drive near local attractions convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers locals a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining 19th hole scenic views

"Solid course"

cmmij's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

Ussher's Creek is a very good golf course, have played it for years along with most other courses in the area. The Legends on the Niagara facility is very good all around, 45 holes, good practice area and instructors if you're looking for a lesson, good staff.

Commented on 05/23/2018

Thank you very much, we hope to see you back again soon!

loralee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

"Ussher's Creek and Niagara Parks are Amazing!"

Roybinbuffalony's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2018

I don't know how the folks at Niagara parks do it but after a hard, hard winter that lasted into April, they have the courses in tip top shape.

Ussher's is my favorite of the three Niagara Parks Courses (Whirlpool is the Second and Battlefield the Third...all are excellent and great tests of golf) and it did not disappoint.

This course is challenging and well designed. If you hit good shots and don't get greedy you are rewarded. If you take risks and don't succeed or try to go on cruise control the course will eat you up quickly. It is a true test of golf.

Commented on 05/15/2018

Fantastic review, thank you very much and we hope to see you back again soon!

"Ledgens"

Ryan5555's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Conditions were awesome for this time of year. Greens were mint!

Commented on 05/09/2018

Thank you, we wintered very well and we're happy to finally be open!

"Great early season round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I didn't know when I booked that it was the first day of play at Usher's. The course was dry, fairways in good shape. The greens were fairly quick considering the time of the year. After a brutal winter and early spring I couldn't believe what great shape the course was in. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

Commented on 05/02/2018

Thank you very much, glad to hear you enjoyed the course!

"We Had A Great Game of Golf!"

uHOWV3402HO's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017

October 8, 2017

Played: Ushers Greek Golf Course,

@Legends on the Niagara Golf Facility

Niagara Falls South, Ontario, Canada

First I would like to say there are some other nice courses in the Niagara Region, but for me the reason that I really enjoy Playing at Legends Facility is the staff, with 18 Hole Usher Creeks Championship Golf Course Plus the sister 18 Hole Championship golf course Battlefield, Plus there is a Great Executive 9 hole course that you can either walk or use a power cart if you like called the Chippawa Golf Course.

In the main golf pro shop is a very stylishly set-up, and amply supplied golf equipment and apparel. Every fall there is a great sale on around 25 sets of extremely affordable and professionally put together Brand Name rental golf sets with not a lot of use on the clubs, in very good condition and the discounts of up to 50% off the retail price and more.

Also in the main club house there is a bar area, and a nice viewing area of the gold courses from the restaurant.

There is also a function part of the club house where many people have their weddings, or banquets, and I think there can be several hundred guests. But for more information on that I think you would have to talk to either Curtis who is the resident golf professional and General Manager, or Mike, and both are extremely personable, Mike is in charge of the staffing, and training, to the best of my knowledge.

The Legends on the Niagara golf and Banquet facility telephone number is:

1-905-295-9595.

There is also a separate teaching facility (Mr. Moot) on the property, along with a 360 degree driving range, full circle and the range is awesome.

But the part of the Legends facility that makes this such a wonderful golf destination is the Legends staff. I have never met a nicer group of individuals that do work together to make one solid and cohesive team. Like I have mentioned Mike trains much, if not all of the golf staff. In the pro shop there is Mark who is the senior pro shop worker, who speaks both French and English and likewise has his pro golf card, and the rest of the pro shop staff is very professional. Troy is also a loyal Legends employee for many years and spends his summers making sure the Chippawa golf course and pro shop and driving range work very well, to the best of my knowledge.

Outside at the starters area there is Corbin who leads the many starters, and rangers who do a nice job for the Legends Facility, and Corbin also has his golf pro card.

I am sorry if I got away spending so much time introducing the readers to the Legends on the Niagara Facilities and some of their staff but I feel the staffing is what makes a golf course great.

On October 8, 2017 I was very fortunate to be matched up with a Great Young couple from Albany, New York by the names of Josh the husband and Amanda the wife. Amanda and Josh were expecting a child and Amanda did not play golf but was there to support the game of golf both Josh and I were playing.

Josh and Amanda were much laid back and easy going, and as a result I had one of my best games of golf all year.

Ushers Creek Josh mentioned several times was a beautiful course and a very picturesque golf course. Ushers creek is a demanding layout with four sets of tees as does Battlefield as well.

There are the forward red tees, the intermediate white tees, the further back Blue Tees, and the furthest back Gold Championship tees.

All of the holes have several bunkers, and some of the bunkers are quite deep and very challenging. Some holes have elevated tees, and some of the holes have elevated greens. The courses are extremely well manicured and well taken care of by a very seasoned and hard working grounds crew, and the greens are very fast and true, the greens are large and quite challenging, with several undulations and the grain does come into play. And the Legends on the Niagara Facility, has an excellent, and very experienced Head Greens Keeper.

Some of the fairways are wider than other but the fairways are fair to the average golfer and more difficult the further back in the tee area that a golfer tees their ball.

On some of the holes the ruff is thick and very deep, needing a golfer to use a shorter than needed club to get out of the ruff.

During the week the course is busier in the early part of the day, and the golf traffic eases off the later in the day a person would like to golf. I would guesstimate that during the week for 9 holes of golf the time would be around 2 to 2 ¼ hours, double that for 18 holes.

On the week-end the pace of play is a little bit slower early on in the day due to the high traffic volume.

The beverage cart person is around about twice for every 9 holes so there is ample opportunity to get refreshment.

Josh and Amanda and I very much enjoyed our time playing at Ushers Creek Golf Course on Legends on the Niagara on October 8, 2017.

I shoot on average around 95 for 18 holes of golf, and when I am finished playing at the Legends Facility I have enjoyed myself for the entire golf outing at Legends on the Niagara.

Thanks a lot for reading and have a Great Day

Legends on the Niagara is a Very Enjoyable Golf Destination,

John Harley

Commented on 10/23/2017

Top notch review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We'll be sure to pass on your positive comments to our team. We hope to see you back again soon!

"Almost perfect"

Charles912's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2017

Four of us were on a golf vacation in Niagara and the Greater Toronto Area and we all agreed that of the 8 courses we played this was probably the best. Even better than Glen Abbey and Angus Glen which hosted Canadian Opens. It was quite challenging but not intimidating. The only disappointment was the course did not have a good drainage system. It rained the night prior and the course was mostly soaked. Cart rule was cart path only and we could see why. Just a day before we were playing Royal Niagara and there was a storm and downpour. We had to stop playing for almost 2 hours but when we continued, we were surprised how good the drainage was. Nevertheless, this is a course I will definitely return if I ever get the chance.

Commented on 10/16/2017

Thank you very much for the fantastic compliments. We hope you enjoyed your vacation and thanks for including us in your plans.

"excellent shape in spite of dry conditions"

msheahan1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The Usshers course at Legends is excellent. We've had seven days of extremely hot, dry conditions lately here in Niagara and yet the course was in great shape. Greens and traps were tended in spite of weather and this course is very challenging so was nice to see the maintenance was still a priority despite late season and hot conditions. Got a great deal considering the calibre of course and would play again next opportunity and recommend to friends.

Commented on 10/02/2017

Thank you very much and we hope to see you back again before the season comes to an end.

"Plays long over trouble"

Dmhummell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2017

Have avoided this course, favouring Battlefield. Was pleasantly surprised. Liked it, but found trouble difficult if you cannot hit 230 off the tee, which many of us cannot. Need senior tees on par 4's.

Commented on 10/02/2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed Ussher's Creek. Some of the forward tees can be used to avoid some of the longer carry shots.

"Excellent value for $48 Candian to ride"

BernieHaines's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Course was in good shape. The bunkers have slipped a bit in quality, since the last time I played. Pace of play was good. Most expensive beer I have bought this summer on the golf course. $9 a can plus tip. Ouch.

Commented on 10/02/2017

Thank you, glad to hear you enjoyed our course conditions!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2017

"Twilite is getting shorter"

lshedden's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2017

18 in 3 hr. 15 min. just in before dark.(4 pm tee time )

Luckily it was wide open and we sailed along ! Great shape.

Commented on 09/25/2017

Very nice pace of play!! Glad to hear you enjoyed our course.

painter1958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

"HEAVEN"

gillyhoppe's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

A spectacular daunting course only surpassed by it's beauty.

Commented on 09/19/2017

Thank you!! We hope to see you back again soon

"Nice Course but slow play"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

Course was wet due to prior rain. Cart path golf only. We are not fast golfers by any stretch but play ahead of us was slow. Disappointed that Marshalls were nowhere to be found to speed up play. Otherwise we like to play Usshers Creek as it is generally well maintained and is challenging but fair for all handicappers.

Commented on 09/19/2017

Sorry to hear about the pace of play, we'll look into why there weren't any rangers that day.

"Usshers Creek"

golfdh's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017
Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Course in good shape. Cart paths needs some refurbishing.

Commented on 09/11/2017

Thank you for your feedback and we'll be sure to share this with our Turf Department to look into the paths further..

"After The Rain"

mingay's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

After a very wet morning I decided to take a chance and arrived almost an hour before my Tee off time, The starter told me that I could Tee off immediately if I wished, as there had been several "no shows" due to the weather, More fool them!

In-spite of some very ominous clouds, no rain 72 deg and just a very gentle breeze, Perfect !!!

I completed the course in just under 2 1/2 hrs incl. a quick stop and only saw one other group on the course, I commented to myself at one point how lucky to have my own private golf course...

To add to this I broke 80 so that just added to a very enjoyable experience.

The greens being wet where very receptive and of course they always run true.

Being 70 yrs old I prefer to play Ushers Creek rather than Battlefield as the forced carries over the bunkers on Battlefield make it harder for me to play, and I still like to play at least 6000yrds of a course.

With the deals on Golf Now This is one of my favorite venues and I look forward to the next time.

Commented on 09/11/2017

Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Great value for Money!"

SemiFrank's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Played Sunday at a 40% off rate. I have played Battlefield before but accidentally booked Usshers, which I had never played. Wasn't sure what to expect, but we loved the course. Great layout, fast greens, firm but bouncy fairways, great hotdog at the turn, spotted some deer running down the fairway and barely saw any other people there. This is a definite repeat and on my "must play yearly" list.

Commented on 09/11/2017

Thank you very much for the great feedback. Beautiful pictures too, thanks for sharing.

"Always a great experience"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/31/2017

I am NEVER disappointed playing this track. Always in great shape. Greens are great. Even the sand traps are nice to hit out of. Best value for the money. Bonus: Best hot dog at any golf course in Ontario.

Commented on 09/03/2017

Thank you very much.....our burgers come highly recommended too :)

"Niagara must !"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2017

Fantastic course! Great layout, greens in good shape. Pace of play couldn't be better. Challenging enough but plays well even to a higher handicap. Highly recommend:)

Commented on 09/03/2017