Legends on the Niagara Golf Course - Ussher's Creek

Ussher's Creek at Legends on the Niagara
Scorecard for Ussher's Creek
Gold M: 74.1/130 390 530 178 412 360 439 186 472 553 3520 457 398 505 177 556 461 233 422 451 3660 7180
Blue M: 72.0/129 366 502 153 386 335 410 162 459 538 3311 433 379 490 161 523 432 206 399 420 3443 6754
White M: 69.3/122 W: 75.3/132 334 477 114 349 299 381 140 445 462 3001 405 355 476 137 484 402 172 359 394 3184 6185
Red W: 70.6/123 289 436 95 321 258 333 119 384 428 2663 372 321 391 98 419 339 146 314 358 2758 5421

Year Built 2001
Architect Thomas McBroom (2001)

Great golf great staff I always enjoy niagara parks all coarses
Course Layout Good

Pace of Play Spoiled the day

I was on hole #13, and it was already 3 hours 10 min. The 3some in front of us was so bad that when we decided to drive past them and leave, there were 4 entire holes open. No marshal !!!
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Poor
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Poor

Great value

As per past rounds at Usher Creek it was a great day, pace of play was excellent as well as the course condition. We were paired up with another twosome from out of town and they were a pleasure to play with. As a Niagara resident it is great to be able to share these courses with tourists and out of town quests as well as halving them readily available for us locals. And thank you to GolfNow and the local courses for making the rounds available at a more than fair market value.
Commented On 08/08/2018
Glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us, see you again soon.

Good Course - Average Price

Pace was good until we caught up to a foursome. Took about 4.75 hours to play. This is about .75 hours longer than we play in a cart and 1.25 hours longer than when walking. Rough was long and lost a couple balls. Fairways good but somewhat wet. Greens slower than they looked with some small bare spots from aeration? Would play again hopefully when the humidity is lower since it was uncomfortable.
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Good
Commented On 08/08/2018
Thank you for the review, we hope to see you back again soon. Yes a few spots on a couple of greens have overheated and were aerated to relieve the heat stress.

Great

the course is great fun but challenging go you will not regret it
Commented On 08/08/2018
Thank you very much, we hope to see you back again this summer.
Course was not in good shape people were friendly but still had a good time
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Fair
Commented On 08/01/2018
Sorry to hear about the conditions. Please call us at 1-866-465-3642 so we can discuss this further. We recently aerated the course and customers should have been notified in advance. We'd like to look into this.

Extremely slow pace of play

Good challenging course. Extremely slow pace of play took over 4 hours for a two some. No marshals out on a weekend to speed up slow play and slow players lacking etiquette to allow faster players to play through.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Poor
Course Conditions Good
Commented On 08/01/2018
Sorry to hear you round wasn't as fast as you hoped. Please call us at 1-866-465-3642 so we can look into this further.

Great facility

I always enjoy making the trek to Legends on the Niagara. It feels like such a departure from most golf courses - it’s isolated, no houses on the course, it has a solid practice area, and is typically well staffed. My experience over the past number of years is the facility is aging and could use some TLC, however the bones are solid. I usually play the Battlefield course, as the parkland style suits my eye. Usshers Creek offered an attractive rate due aerification, so we gave it a try. The layout was really enjoyable. Length on some holes presented lots of challenge. I think the design is well thought out - challenging without being unfair. The course condition was as described, as the aerification was evident. The greens hadn’t been cut in a while, so speed was uneven. I expect the conditions will improve in the weeks ahead, making this course even more enjoyable to play.
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Good
Commented On 08/01/2018
Glad to hear you were able to experience our Ussher's Creek golf course. It's close to being healed so hopefully you'll be able to visit us again soon to enjoy our typical pristine conditions.

Beautiful, challenging course

The Ussher’s Creek course layout was excellent in terms of beauty and challenge; one real issue was that there was so much water that hitting the fairway resulted in a plugged ball and it was cart path only to protect the fairways which is perfectly understanding, but it also slowed the pace of play; the wind that existed during the round provided extra challenge in club selection; it did not seem to ever be at my back, but it influenced several shots into and as it blew across the fairways. Additionally, the fairways and greens had been aerated within the last week or so which affected the fairway lies and unfortunately every putt; the sanded greens were receptive but took several holes to learn how receptive they were, but the roll of the ball was affected in almost every hole; I can identify three putts in which the ball turned within the last 2-3 inches of the cup because of the aeration holes; this was not identified when I booked my round online nor was it mentioned when I checked in at the club house; I firmly believe this is something that needs to be stated before a person sets a tee time, and I also believe golf courses should discount their rates when the fairways and/or greens are recovering from aeration and do not roll true. If I return to the area to play golf again, I would consider playing this course again because I thinkjit would be an extremely fun course without the aeration and soggy surface conditions.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Average
Commented On 08/01/2018
Thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear you weren't informed of the recent aerification. Typically the online booking would be tagged with an aerification icon along with booking notes giving everyone a warning. Please call us at 1-866-465-3642 x230 to discuss further. I would like to look into why your booking online had no aerification indicators.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019