Style Links

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Plays Long 14

Cart fees

We booked the course through Golf now .
My buddy wanted a cart because it was hot .
So he paid extra for use of the cart .
Was nice enough to ask me if I wanted to ride with him .

We loaded the clubs up . Marshall said I had to pay a fee to ride in the cart ?
I said why , he’s already bought the cart . Can he not invite me into it . It has 2 seats .
Nope . I would have to pay to ride in it . I said why would I do that ?
If I was gonna pay for another cart . I would ride in it alone to save time .
He said you can do that if you like .
I said I’ve never seen 4 guys ride in separate carts , 4 separate carts to play a round of golf .
Usually 4 guys in two separate carts , sharing .
I thought they were nickel and diming us on that .
So I went to the car , got my pull cart and walked rather than pay twice for a cart to ride in together .
Club pro jumped into the conversation claiming I didn’t golf much and must have been stupid to think this wasn’t right . Maybe from his point of view to make more $$$ it was .
But from a consumer point of view , if my buddy purchased the cart . Can he not have who he wants in it .
If I buy a rental car to go on a trip . Can my buddy join my in the car I rented or does he have to rent a car from the dealer as well to go on the trip with me .

Commented on 08/04/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Willodell Golf Club of Niagara. We hope to see you again soon.

Forgiving miss hits.

I found the course to be forgiving on miss hits. Never have I played a full round with the same ball I started with.
The fairways could use some work. I found the fairways to contain way too many bumps and rough grounds. I've played many different courses and this one ranks tops for way too many bumps.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great well kept course

Nothing crazy but for the price and overall, couldn’t ask for anything better. Super well kept in a summer that’s been super hot with minimal precipitation.

Not bad

Great course but beware of using Golfnow. Had a buddy who was sick but still had to pay his green fee and GolfNow. Not really a deal. Won’t be using this service again.

Nice

Nice course, greens were very nice. The only downside was that they were starting groups 7 minutes apart, a little tight. But I would still play this again.

Great shape

This course was in fantastic condition today. Greens were quick and true and got quicker as it dried out. I would recommend this course to anybody based upon its current condition

Lost potential members

We booked through Golfnow but due to Covid, it only allowed to a selection of 4 people. When arrived at the course, we stated that there was 3 of us but the young gentleman at the desk gave us poor attitude and stated that we had to pay for all 4 regardless. I mentioned that we are frequent bookers through Golfnow, not to mention locals looking for a new course to become members of, he stated that this is now their new policy and too bad we had to pay for 4. I told him to cancel our booking and rebook through the course portal for 3, and he stated we are not able to do that. We told him to just cancel and he stated that my credit card would be charged regardless. Obviously, we were p@$$ed off about this.
On course:
Tee times were jammed and had to often wait on course, and there did not seem to be the necessary group distancing of Covid measures that we have encountered at other courses. Two members kept playing right up behind us even finishing holes and joining on the following tee deck. We mentioned it to the starter after nine, and were told that there was nothing they could do because "they are good and we are packed today".
Needless to say, we will NEVER be back.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had during your round. Your feedback regarding confusion of the GolfNow booking process and the course being COVID compliant is extremely important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about the purchase and cancellation process before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow's customer service department at 1 (800) 767-3574 for further clarification in this matter. Please have your confirmation number handy. Also, please know that we are doing our best to work in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing as our golfers health and safety is always our upmost priority. Thank you for playing Willodell Golf Club of Niagara. We hope to earn your business again soon.

Willodell

The greens and fairways are maintained very nicely. The rough was very long but patchy. The bunkers need more sand and I would recommend entry and exit signs to help keep the course in better condition for better lies. Overall a good bang for the buck!

Good greens

Nice true, fairly quick greens are best thing about this course. Fairways, rough, and bunkers mediocre conditioning. Boring uninspiring layout except for a couple holes on back 9.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi bentim! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

I won’t be back

They sold it with a cart course was too wet for a cart let alone to walk they have no drainage whatsoever I would only recommend this course for twenty bucks during the summer with a cart after no rain for two weeks!

Commented on 10/31/2019

Hello, Cakes84. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We are working to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Willodell Golf Club of Niagara. We hope to see you again soon.

Striving to be like ICC

Course is going downhill. Traps are garbage. Sand is needed in all traps. This could be the turning point for this course. Does it go to yet another marginal course or do they do what is necessary to make it a course worthy of playing. Only time will tell.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the traps negatively and are interested in learning what else we can do to improve for your next visit. We take negative feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Willodell Golf Club of Niagara.

Pleasantly Surprised. Very Nice

Overall conditions are very good. Fairways are good except for a few spots. Rough is nice -very little weeds. As expected for this time of year greens are airated. Way too much sand on most of them, may e they just put it down this AM?
Anyway. Nice starter.