Located in a spectacular natural setting against the backdrop of the Niagara River whirlpool and gorge, this magnificent and challenging championship course was designed by the legendary golf architect Stanley Thompson. Owned and operated by The Niagara Parks Commission since 1951, Whirlpool is considered as one of the Top 100 Courses in Canada.

Directions: From Toronto: Approach Niagara Falls on the QEW. Just after crossing the St. Catharines Skyway, take the 405 exit towards the Queenston-Lewiston Bridge to the USA. Just before the bridge, take the last exit to the Niagara Parkway. Turn right off the ramp onto the Niagara Parkway. Whirlpool Golf Course is 4km down the road on the right hand side

Yellow 72 5203 yards 65.1 109
Scorecard for Whirlpool
Gold M: 73.3/126 W: 79.6/142 400 415 234 509 536 216 431 440 352 3533 457 405 241 518 160 566 403 230 506 3486 7019
Blue M: 71.9/123 W: 78.1/135 384 386 212 495 513 210 416 434 337 3387 450 396 202 510 154 545 358 204 495 3314 6701
White M: 70.0/119 W: 75.9/126 360 361 189 475 471 174 404 414 322 3170 438 385 186 475 149 481 343 193 472 3122 6292
Red M: 67.3/115 W: 71.8/116 350 327 136 458 438 163 353 368 288 2881 390 343 156 427 136 444 321 170 434 2821 5702
Yellow M: 65.1/109 W: 69.2/114 321 295 123 408 417 133 302 346 262 2607 357 307 133 406 126 416 301 143 407 2596 5203

Year Built 1951
Golf Season Apr 1 to Oct 30
Architect Stanley Thompson (1951)

Plays Long 50

Nice course with mature landscape very well maintained

Had a great day playing the course, course was wet and cart path only due to the amount of rain we have been experiencing.

Good Course, but Wet

The course is nice and beautiful. Unfortunately it has been raining, and there was a lot of water in the course.

When played from the blue tees, the course is long (6700 yards), with many long straight holes.

Terrible Course Conditions

My playing partner and I could not believe the terrible course conditions. There was water everywhere. There were places where the water blocked the cart path several times. The fairways were soaked and the carts made tire marks everywhere as the cart continually sunk into the fairway.
A few of the greens were in very poor condition with dead spots and holes made from insects or animals.
We couldn’t understand why there were four work crews on one hole while there was so much work to be done elsewhere.
I would recommend everyone to avoid this course until late July.

A True Gem

Fabulous course, fairways were a bit wet and the rough was a bit long, but no fault of the course. The weather has been wet and there some of the rough has been unable to be mowed. Love the course, another great Stanley Thompson design. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Great course to play, highly recommended.

Wet

Played 6 holes heavy rain play stoped Greens soaked etc no further play I bought a hot deal the course was very nice but they stated they can t help with a hot deal only g n Can help Called to see if g n would provide any compensation Told wait time to speak to a rep 3 hours U kiddin Won’t buy this again a hot deal was a bad deal Be careful Ps the course is beautiful staff great

Very pretty location, beautiful and very near the falls

Very Nice

We all enjoyed the golf course. Found the greens a little slower than we would have liked but in good condition.

good layout

Wet in places but generally good considering the amount of rain we've had.

Nice but VERY wet.

Always fun, great layout on tree lined fairways. First time ever 'cart path only' was in effect. Good value.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Whirlpool Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Whirlpool Golf

We had a beautiful sunny day, but the course itself was extremely wet due to three severe storms the day before. The cart rule for the day was " Cart Path Only". This led to a slightly slower than normal pace of play.

Once we were on the course we did find that there was a fair amount of standing water on the fairways and the cart paths.

Other than that, the course was very good. The layout is fun, the par 3's are long and overall, the day was enjoyable.

All the staff and starters conduct themselves well and contributed to a very good day with our golfing friends.

Fairways finally playable

I have played several rounds in the last couple of weeks atl Whirlpool and both Legends courses. With all the rain the fairways were so soft with plugged balls and negative roll out, it made them almost unplayable. Today was much better. It was still cartt path only but no balls plugged and the ball actally had some roll out. The starter let me go out by myself and with only a threesome 2 holes ahead of me I was able to catch them at the turn and they let me play through. Other than the 5 deer on 15th hole I had the whole back nine to myself. The greens were very fast with sone remnants of sanding. They are in really good shape for early season. All in all a good day at a great course.

Embarrassing

I would have been embarrassed to have been the one to say the course is open for the day we played. To charge what they did with the course in the condition it was. Some fairways were cut but many were not. You could not tell if you were on the fairway or the rough. At many holes the rough was mowed before the fairway. I get it that we had much rain but to open and charge as much as they did is embarrassing. Generally a great course but not that day.

Commented On 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you didn't have a positive experience with us. We will make sure this gets passed to the appropriate teams so we can improve moving forward.

Brutal

While I can understand the weather hasn’t been kind, it’s frustrating when you lose your ball in the middle of fairway because the grass hasn’t been cut. Forget it in the rough. Even 3 feet in rough it was like a forest. Played this course over the last 25 years and never saw it like today. Just brutal.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Whirlpool Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Soaked

This course should not have been open for play, realistically everyone who played that day should all be refunded their money, i have never seen a golf course allowing play that was that soaked. Every shot was almost under water, ridiculous play was even considered. The warning from the pro shop was cart paths only, so we walked, and i hope you have waterproof shoes, complete understatement....very, very disappointed to say the least.....

Whirlpool/swampool

This course is underwater and severely soaked throughout. Cart paths have been washed out in spots. 12” deep pools that were the cart paths. Every step/swing was wet, muddy, and not enjoyable. This course needs Caribbean heat for months to dry out. Was really looking forward to playing this course for the first time, disappointed due to all the water.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. We are always looking to improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We hope to have you back in the future.

May 2019

Very very soggy
Cart path only makes a long trek
Great course when-the weather is better and course is dryer

Slow play

Our foursome play behind 2 twosome and playing very slow, the course is good condition for spring golf.

First time

Got a great deal do enjoyed it. Not sure it would be as good full price.

Queenston, Ontario
St Davids, Ontario
Lewiston, New York
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package