Oaklands Golf Club

2.2

Oaklands Golf Club
Red 72 5443 yards
Scorecard for Oaklands Golf Club
Blue M: 70.7/121 356 193 510 447 386 381 361 331 458 3423 305 164 445 151 339 143 301 368 450 2666 6089
White M: 69.2/117 340 175 496 433 371 363 340 306 440 3264 292 150 430 145 320 125 282 350 420 2514 5778
Red W: 71.6/125 330 157 480 423 348 353 322 285 420 3118 268 127 360 139 308 122 261 336 403 2324 5442

Year Built 0
Golf Season Mar 1 to Oct 30

Very very disappointing

Club house old and very tired. The roof had white plastic on it and the carts were ancient and many needed repairs for cosmetic damage. I asked the pro shop staff if the course was in good shape and he said there was some damage to a few greens due to the hot weather. The fairways were bone der and as hard as concrete. Rough was an understatement and by the end of the round I called my dentist to fix loose fillings. All greens were at least 25% dead and to save what was left they were cut long so these were painfully slow and no where close to being true.

If you could squint you could see that years ago this was an excellent track but today no!!! Would I play it again for 30$ with cart no. Would is suggest others play never.

greens need some work, patchy.

Good layout for a long straight hitter.

Would play it again in the fall when grass has had a chance to grow back on the greens.

Course is in rough shape but the price was fair.

Pace was great

I would play ioaklands agian

Duffers Dream

Oaklands is a fair test for the average golfer. Great value for the money. New ownership has taken over and changes for the better are already happening

Concrete!!!

If you want to be able to hit tee shots over 300, its no problem here!! But dont try taking divots, you’ll break something!

Allow some time between groups

This was the worst organized course ever they had a tournament going yet we're still booking tee times in advance knowing this I booked four days in advance and was extremely excited to come play. They had too many people so they sent everyone off the back nine hello fifty percent off the front fifty percent off the back. Their Marshall is useless he doesn't tell anyone to let you play though even though they are digging through trees and other areas for balls they didn't ask me how my round was the Marshall even smiled at me and my friend when we were clearing waking off after the fifth hole which had taken us four hours yes you read that right 4 hrs and we still had four holes!! The greens are in terrible condition all in all a terrible way to spend my twenty bucks in golf now money I do not recommend this course they don't care about the public business! Safe your money go somewhere else.

Won't Be Back!

The only reason I played at Oaklands was because there was a big tournament at my home course and I couldn't play there. I knew it was going to be a nice day and I wanted to play golf but not spend a lot of money. When I got there, they had no carts available but after some pleading, the manager found one (when you stopped it, it restarted itself in reverse and when you started it up, it backfired every time). I was supposed to play with three others but they showed up with four so I had to go by myself. I teed off in heavy fog and my GPS wouldn't work on this course so I was blind. Needless to say, the course is a goat ranch and probably the worst conditioned course I have ever played. The first three holes on the back nine ran along the Welland River and were quite nice but the rest of the course is just nothing. Two holes in on the back, I run into a tournament that no one told me about but the ranger was very nice and he asked the groups ahead if they would let me through and the players were quite accommodating. I did get to play something resembling golf on a nice day and I didn't spend a lot of money--bad news is, I guess I got what I paid for. Will never go back. P.S. I misplaced a wedge and went back the next day but no one had turned it in. What a surprise for such a classy place. My own fault.

How is this course still open?

Every hole is straight, fairways terrible, cart paths?

Empty the garbages once in a while

Golf carts made it 18 holes, luckily.

Greens in decent shape. Lawn mower and beer cart not so much.

Gunners99

Rained the night before. Bunkers were unplayable, marshal was great in keeping the flow of play moving. Great value for the money. Staff were very friendly. Will go back again.

inexpensive round

course was very dry considering all the rain we have had ,greens were receptive and fairly fast, fairways were a little patchy and rough. Was looking for a cheap round walking and got what I wanted. If you like to play golf and not have a course that punishes you for wayward shots this is a course for you. Some greens test your putting skills overall a pleasant round

The fairways were really bad, grass was long that your would lose your ball. You had to be on top of the ball to find it, the fair ways, tee box areas and roadways were for of deep tire tracks and ruts.

This was one of the worse course I've played in years, never again.

Gave up after 9 holes

This course is not up to par with other area courses. I have played here at least once, for the last 4 years.

The maintenance is consistently lacking.

This year they switched the tee boxes for the 8th hole, forcing you to drive directly at the hole signage. Very dangerous.

The rough was unplayable at best.

I found the greens to apparently be made of concrete. This is consistent with past years experience. We have had enough rain of late for that not to be an excuse.

The bunkers were all growing weeds and had not appeared to be raked this year.

The fairways are overseeded with crabgrass?

This course appears to be ran on a very, very tight budget.

We were two walking. We had a 4some walking in front with a couple beginner golfers. Sometimes had to wait for their 6-7th shot for us to tee off. I'm all for people learning and was that person at one time, but have some consideration for the other people on the course. There was a definite lack of etiquette.

Golf is hard enough. It shouldn't be compounded by abhorrent, inexcusable course conditions.

great for seniors

the pace of play very good .course in good shape.

Great value can't wait until next time

Front nine a little ruff but to be expected with the drought.Back was in very good shape carts could use upgrade but they got me around the course just fine.Starter warned me to double the strap so the bag would not fall out lots of speed bumps on the course overall great value looking forward to or next round

Second time was a charm

My son's and I had played this course a few weeks back and found it challenging for us. We are just " duffer's " but enjoy the game.

Yesterdays round was much better due to having played it once before and learning the course. The pace could have been a little better. I found that once we found our groove we seemed to get behind slower players which of course can kill your momentum. A coupleof 4somes and an oldder couple seemed to drag the pace down on many occasions. Thankfully my son and I were not in a hurry but had the day been busier there would have been some issues. Overall it was a great day and the course played very well. Even due to the lack of rain we have had this season, value , experience and course didnt discourage us from playing. We will play again

Oaklands golf course

This course is bar none, the worst in Niagara Falls.

The carts are 20 years old, in terrible condition.

The straps are so frayed your bag drops out on the course. The fairways and greens are the worst I have ever played on. Had to play lift clean and place because the uneven growth and weeds throughout the fairways. The maintenance crew has no idea how to maintain a course.

Do yourself a favour for 40$ plus. For 18, there is about 20 in the region roughly same price that are in much better shape. I.e rolling meadows, Icc, Nfgc. Inexpensive but in good shape even considering the dry spell we've had this summer.

Thanks for reading.