Style Links

Formerly known as Links at Piper's Glen Golf Club.

The Club at West Links

Year Built 2003

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No
Practice Hole No

A short drive to Scotland

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday morning at West Links. The wind was calm and the course played friendly.
I enjoyed all twelve holes in an hour and a half, frequently hitting two balls into greens. The mounding around greens make it fun and distances on the 4 par fives from blue tees at 480 to 535 make scoring a little better. The greens are holding and rolling perfectly even without much rain. I really like the layout and bouncing approach shots into these greens. I will certainly be back.

Fun Course

greens were good, new owners have course in way better shape, to bad it's not 18 holes

Great value

Booked the night before using hot deals, very fun course for a quick 12 holes. Interesting layout with a few funky holes, but would be an easy course for nearly anyone. Friendly staff and great conditioning.

Hidden Gem

Great 12 hole course, the greens were quick and rolled perfectly. Thinking back on my round now, the only thing that I can think of that needs improvement are the tee boxes which is no big deal as I use a tee all the time anyway. Finished my round under 2 hours and still had time for the beach with the family.

West Links

Nice layout. Interesting that’s it’s 12 holes. Approaches into the greens were challenging. Greens very nice shape. Par 5s played long with the wind. Would def recommend to others. Very nice with hot deal from GolfNow

Haven't been in a while

last time I played here was about 5 years ago. The course is usually wind swept, as most links style courses tend to be, but the changes to the course make it much more of a fair challenge with how they have cleaned up the fescue areas. The club house area and staff are very accommodating. Welcome changes and very friendly staff will have me back again next year on our annual golf weekend in the area.

Awesome day

Wife and I play while on vacation. Enjoyed the round and then played another 9 after lunch. Course was in good shape, condition of course was good. Staff was friendly -- older gentleman working in the restaurant was a real gem. Course good for longer hitter, but also worked well for my wife. We both found the course challenging yet fair and enjoyable. Great to play as a couple.

basic course

Course is an old farm field... very flat. That being said, the small greens are in good shape. The fairways need some work. Lack of s Marshall meant that a very slow foursome held up a number of groups. Cost to play is a little steep for a very ordinary course

Keep It Straight

If you tend to spray your ball then be prepared to spend a lot of time searching in the fescue. Bring lots of balls.
Course was In great shape. It's flat and wide open, a true links golf course.

Good links style course.

The course is in great shape. Greens are medium speed but rolling true. Generous fairways.
As a twosome with cart we played 18 holes in 3 hours.

Nice Course but extremely slow

I loved playing this course but was extremely disappointed with the pace of play. There was no starter or marshalls to speed up play and there was no effort made at the pro shop to send out foursomes which on a weekend was crazy. The member I played with ended up leaving in frustration after 9 and a number of people were skipping holes in order to bypass slow 2 somes. I will not be playing this course on weekends.

great course

challenging, long, well maintained. So much for 12$!!!!

We really enjoyed our golf day, course is links style, but fairly forgiving.

We have golfed at The Links Pipers Glen several times, always find course well maintained, and moderately challenging for us, which we like. We will go many more times.

great links course

In our area there are very few, true links courses. This was our first visit, we'll be back!

Interesting links style course. Rough has been cut back to facilitate faster play.Back nine in great condition considering the exteneded dry season.

Interesting links style course . Suitable for most handicap levels. Back nine in excellent condition considering the extended dry period the course has experienced through all of July. Booked through Golf now and received exceptional value for four friends to play a round of golf . Staff very friendly allowed us to start 30 min. before our scheduled tee time.

This course provides a fair challenge, especially if you do not keep your ball in the fairways.

Pro shop staff is very inviting. Course is a challenge, especially if your ball goes into the primary rough. Greens are in excellent shape allowing you to score well if you are on the greens in regulation. Great value for your dollar.

Links Style Gold with country charm

The course is a 5 minute drive from anywhere in Port Elgin, and about 3 hours from Toronto.

My wife and I were book to play at 2:22 on a Thursday afternoon.

We arrived about an hour early. The course is equipped with a driving range, putting green, however, the pro-shop allowed us to tee off as soon as we were ready. They were super friendly.

We tee'd off at 125 and were pack the clubs back into the trunk of our car at 455.

In true links fashion, find the fairway or expect to lose strokes and golf balls. The rough and naturalized areas are playable, however, it's almost impossible to find the ball even if you know where the all went in.

Few trees leaves the course unprotected and the wind at 30 kph was both chilling (temperature) and punishing as in all 18 holes, it was either in your face or a severe cross wind prevailed.

The greens were well manicured. Water only comes into play on two holes and doesn't present any knee knowers off the tee's.

Fairways were well manicured and defined, they we however, very dry compared to the recent amount of rain recently. This may also be a temporary issue with the infancy of the course or the wind?

We normally play closer to the GTA, since we had business locally to attend to we took the opportunity to explore.

The course is short even from the tips, the wind makes it play longer than as stated on the card.

If you like links style golf, with out the crowds or GTA pricing, you'll love this course.

We wouldn't hesitate to book again if we were in the area. Coming from Toronto, just to play the course again, probably not.

All in all we had a good time.

Port Elgin, Ontario