Richmond Hill Golf Club

Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 15

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Nice Weekend Course

The course is fair and gets narrow and far more challenging (and interesting) after the 10th hole. The course is a par 70 and doesn't play very long (6000 yards from the blues). Multiple dogleg holes where a driver is not required, and keeping it straight is a must on several of the back 8 holes where the fairway is narrow off the tee. Greens are pretty flat and nice rolled. Good spot for the money.

Overpriced, Tight and average

A very short course in average condition with a large price tag. Some holes on the back nine feel like they were slotted in for a lack of space. There are many other similar courses in the GTO area which are similar but far cheaper. The fact that they insluded some food, a cart and balls does not justify the price.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Fairways matter

Fairly short course but the rough makes hitting fairways important.

require most clubs

Played Richmond Hill for the first time and found this is one course where knowledge of the course is most beneficial especially on the back 9. It hole is different and offers a challenge ... Definitely would play again

A good challenge

Course and amenities in good condition. Layout is tight and don't expect to use your driver as a 3 wood or less is long enough. May be a bit too challenging for beginners

communication

they should let the public groups aware that there are big tournaments being played at the same time as public tee times. At some points, we had back up of 3 groups while the tournament players were goofing around on the course, etc.

Commented on 06/20/2016

Thank you for your comments, and our apologies for any miscommunication during your round.

As you know, our pace of play that afternoon was within our standard 4 1/2 hour window. It may not have been as quick as anticipated, however, when we host 1/2 field events our public tee times are made available to ensure the pace of play does not exceed this time period.

With many bookings made online it is difficult to communicate our activity on a given day, but our blocks are put in place to ensure there is no significant delay with pace of play on these particular days. We do completely understand the frustration of a slow round of golf, and put every effort forward to avoid these situations for our golfers.

Sincerely,

RHGC Management

Enjoyable round of golf

We played at Richmond Hill Course a few times a year. This is the first time we played in early Spring of the year. The course condition is good. We certainly enjoy the round very much!

Poor weather

Rain, hail and sunshine

Despite a crazy weather that included rain, hail and sunshine, I very much enjoyed the course. It's well maintained.

Excellent course!

Played here a few times a few years ago but first time this year. Conditions on fairways and greens were awesome ! Only downfall was stuck behind a 4some of seniors that took a really long time. Other than that would recommend this course to everyone!

Great shape for this early in the year

Pretty nice layout, but somewhat short. Good elevation changes and some nice use of water.
The staff was fantastic and very friendly.
The elevation changes mean that it is not an easy walking course. It is walkable, but for an old guy like me, it takes some effort.

Short, but challenging

This course was in excellent condition even in November. Was a great bang for your buck. Shorter then I'm used to, but tight and challenging enough to make me want to play it again for sure.

Play more often

Great course , Great Staff. The greens are the best
around. Enjoy

RH Golf Course

Peter and his team kept this course in excellent condition in all 2015. Dry weather/ rainy days/ autumn days - the fairways and especially the greens were in exceptional condition!

Wonderful Course

It was my first time playing the course and I was thoroughly impressed. Very interesting course with unique holes and a good challenge. I will be back!

Not Long but Challenging Course

Just love playing here. Staff is one of the best I have seen. Very Friendly.. The course was in great condition especially fall weather. Some very challenging holes and must play smart. Driver is not the best option for some holes.

Convenient Location

It was a beautiful fall day, with the leaves still on the trees. The course was in great shape even though the greens were being aerated. Keeping the ball on the short grass is a must as the rough, trees and water will consume a fair amount of strokes and balls. With salmon spawning in the streams, there was enough to make a pleasant outing. At the end of the round, the patio offered a good vista and meal.
If you can, make use of the 'hot deals' for best value.

My all time favorite in the GTA

Richmond HIll Golf Club is my favorite club, not that I live also in that area and would call it my "home club", I am absolute fascinated from the lay out between three major roads and I never expected such a nice piece of nature between Yonge/Bathurst and Highway 7/407.
The staff is always friendly, it is very convenient with the driving range and the practice putting green.

I know it is a bit expensive but therefore, the course is always in a great shape. I read in the other reviews that people complain about the slow play when it is packed ... I mean, what the club shall do? They have 9 minutes between the tee times, a block starter, rangers... I guess it is about us - the players - we should remind ourselves that we are not alone out there, especially not on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

If I would over one wish:
A practice area with a bunker and a chipping green.

Not overly long, but challenging

Very friendly staff Course is in great condition. Not long, but requires shot making. Love it.

Had the pleasure of driving down here to golf with my brother-in-law. Service was great, course was fun. Another golfer we were paired with mentioned the Christmas 2 for 1 special and I was sure to purchase another round for the two of us!. I look forward to driving back there to golf again and again

Smaller Course - Extremely Tightly packed up...

For a weekday to pack up so many Golfers on such a tight course, I think it was unfair on everyone ouo golfing there.

Commented on 09/14/2015

Kamal, my apologies again for the slow play you experienced. Although our tee times are spaced 9 minutes apart and we do block off starter times, particular days can be slower than others. This day we did experience some challenges with groups in the morning that put our pace of play behind by about 30 minutes, and we were simply unable to catch up by the afternoon.

I do hope to see you out at RHGC on another day where I'm confident you will enjoy our normal 4 hour and 20 minute pace of play.

Doug Young
Club Director

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900