Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club

Year Built 0
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 30

Golf School Academy No

Single Allowed No
Dress code Golf shirts must be tucked in (except with waist band), running shoes and socks must be worn. Jeans, jogging apparel, tennis or exercise shorts are NOT permitted.

9-Hole Rounds 15

Pace of Play is always slow here but it was ridiculous today.

I understand when people play golf for the first time and they are let's just say past 60 and they are trying the game; I am glad they are out. But they had their cart up by the putting green, going back and forth from the cart, hitting the ball 10 ft. The Marshall had come out and talked with them. We were 2 hrs and still had 2 more holes to complete, we just departed from the course and told the rep who was working at the front desk.

Monday golf

Good executive course. Conditioning wss superb. Will play again but should have a deal on 18 not just 9.

Nice short course .. hot deal not so hot

Ikile the course, it’s short but interesting layout and good condition. But the hot deal price for nine is not fantastic. Richmond hot deal gives you 18 for less than half the Amberwood price.

Response from Amberwood Village Golf & Country Club on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear that you like the course, but we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the pricing. We appreciate your feedback, and we will make sure to make necessary considerations going forward. Thank you again for sharing your concerns, and we hope to see you back again sometime soon.

Great executive 9 hole

Amberwood always is a great place to play. Great conditions, challenging, and great value. A nice course to walk and enjoy the scenery. It’s short but not easy. Weekends are slow going but still just over 2 hours for 9 not terrible...

Can't complain for $9.00

Course is fairly short with a par 33 but has a couple longer holes. There were 3 or 4 holes in total that were driveable. The course was quite well maintained, especially given the recent conditions (dry and hot). Greens were quite slow and fairways very soft but nothing too bad. Only real complaints would be that the pace of play is very slow and the tee-boxes are quite close to the previous greens on some holes which results in more waiting. Our tee-time was only 7 minutes before the next one so it got congested quickly. At $9 for 9 I would definitely play again, but maybe at a less busy time

REVIEW

We like the course; however it doesn't seem to matter which day we played the pace of play was painfully slow. The slow pace was also commented to us by other golfers. Also, there seems to be a shortage of gas carts.

Response from Amberwood Village Golf & Country Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry about your experience being hampered by slow play, but we hope that you still liked the course. We thank you for the feedback, and we will make sure to be passing this along to our staff.

Malik

The course is only 9 holes not 18. And it's not proper 9 either as there are 4 par 3's, which is very odd. The course is very small I only got to use the driver once. And when we were about to play next 9 holes a lady popped up from no where and told us we can't play because it's ladies hour to play now. She was such a bully. They didn't even refund us for the 9 holes we couldn't play.

I do not tecommend this course to golfers. It's a joke really. Do not book this course.

Response from Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

too expensive per 9 holes for Green Fee players.

Pricing, - Flex pass not feasble

BRING BACK THE $ BOOKLET OF 10 GAMES OPTION !

i love the little course -have played it many times ,

i periodically bring friends/relatives and am uncomfortable when they react to the high green fee for a short 9 hole course.>> hard to justify.

i bought the $150 'booklet of 10 games for two seasons and enjoyed ,,, one year i even bought a second booklet..

THEN they inroduced the FLEX PASS. i tried for one yeqr and didn't renew because it was not worth it ...\

BRING BACK THE $ BOOKLET OF 10 GAMES OPTION !

thank you.

Great 9 hole course and in very good condition. Just the way to start your day. Staff is great, very friendly and very accommodating.

Great par 3 - 9 hole. Perfect for a bit of father and son time. Great place to hit on weekday evenings.

WONDERFUL BEGINNINGS:)

First round of the year at Amberwood did not disappoint! A great relaxing round to start off the season.

Beautiful little oasis !

Wonderful 9 hole course. Not the most challenging but great value for a quick play. The clubhouse food and staff are an added bonus!

Everything was good

I showed up, to find out that I had been paired with 3 others, as I was a single, and was hoping to play quickly, I was a little worried, but it did not turn out to be a problem. The course was really busy, but I was surprised how well paced it was. I was also amazed at the excellent condition of the course, especially the greens. The greens were really fast, which is how they are supposed to be. The only thing I would suggest to the course, is to make sure there are fountains running in all the ponds, as to decrease the ability for mosquitos, and other bugs to lay eggs.

I'm kept hearing about how easy the course is.

I play about 100 times a year and have played and belonged to some of the better courses in the world.

Versus par, Amberwood was a decent challenge. I can say over a few rounds I hit every club in my bag. The greens were a bit slow but in good shape and the bunkers well kept. Is it Augusta? No. But it will keep your game sharp and test you enough!

Great little course for the price.

Course is fun and in great shape. Short course. Can be problematic with pace of play. Had a group of 7 in front of us last night. No biggie for me and the wife though. They were a bunch of young guys having fun. We skipped the second hole and then came back and played it after our 9. Had a couple best ball groups in front of us last time out. Didn't enjoy that as they didn't let us play through. Staff are great and friendly, but should prewarn you if there's a large group or tourney in front of you.

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018