Formerly known as Glen Mar Golf and Country Club.

Year Built 1979
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 31

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Rude and unfriendly golf pro

The course was in pretty good condition with reasonable fast greens. The course layout is fair but you don't come out of remembering any specific holes for their beauty.

What ruined my day was the interaction I experienced with the golf pro that was sitting at the registration counter. He doesn't have people skills and should be assigned to shinning shoes and wash golf clubs.

Astoudingly great friendly, accomadating and knowledgeable staff!

Was a bit surprised to actually get a full round in at Stittsville Golf Course, (formerly Glen Mar,) today. Hadn't played the course in over twenty years but when my wife wanted to play a course she hadn't played before, it popped to mind. We went despite a pretty ominous sky and ended up driving through a virtual monsoon thunderstorm on the way. We arrived early and debated in the parking lot whether we should go for it. Went in to ask if they were going to stay open. Guy in the pro shop said yes but apologized because he didn't want to let us go with lightning in the area, (I don't mind getting wet but don't want to die on the course.) The rain tapered to a drizzle and we went. I thought we'd have a better chance of staying dry with push carts and they set us up to the nines! He got us umbrella holders for the carts after drying them, some extra dry towels no charge, some great course and shelter advice and an assurance that if the weather turned to head back in and he'd give us a raincheck. The course was in great shape other than some expected standing water which dried out fairly quickly, greens were rolling well. The service as just as good stopping for refreshments 1/2way and after the round. My only complaint has nothing to do with staff but with golfers before us who scuffed a few greens with spikes. Weather turned out great and we finished to a lovely sunset. We will definitely be going back!

Good value

We played glen mar this past Sunday course was in very good shape it was an enjoyable round for all of us though pace was a bit slow but not a problem
Nice walkable course with some interesting challenges
You need solid drives with accuracy and a good day of putting to score well a nice challenge for the average golfer

Second time

Wanted to go back after the first time and enjoyed very much. Great course for an occasional player. Challenging but not to the point of wanting to give up trying. The 18th is not the most friendly green with a bunker in the middle but all in all a fun course.

Interesting coirse

Overall the course was in good condition, fairways are very narrow with multiple dog legs. This results in much less driver play, anyone driving over 220 yds is continuously over driving fairways. Good course, if you can play at a promotional price it is worthwhile.

Lovely course..............good value

Back ups on Par 3's were x3 groups, and really spoiled the flow and concentration of one's game. It would help if people allowed people to "play up", before they went to putt..........................not with the purpose of playing through, but just to keep one in the focus of playing..........not grumbling!!

Staff and Course Conditions

Course is well maintained and staff is very courteous.

Bad service

Had an 11am tee time. The computer wasn't showing us as being booked with Golf Now, but got that figured out. The lady at the lady the clubhouse was very nice. Standing at first tee at 10:55 starter proceeds to tell me he's going to send my friend and I off after the Twosome just teeing off, then a group of three and a group of four.
I pointed out that my time was 11 and that would put us well behind our scheduled time and that it made more sense to send a group of 2 out first. He didn't agree with my logic. I protested in at the clubhouse but the lady said the starter has the last word.
After teeing off more than 20 mins behind schedule the pace of play had us waiting on every shot. Had to walk off the course after 13 holes at 3pm due to other commitments.
Very unhappy with this course. My friend and I have no plans to golf here again.

Nice Course

Enjoyed the golf round. Nice course, friendly staff. Very difficult to find balls off the fairway to the amount of clover in the rough. Stay on the short grass if you can!

Great Value for money

Because it is under half the price of the top courses in the area it is an absolute gem. For a beginner/intermediate golfer it is challenging but also forgiving. The rough is well maintained and easy to hit out of if you're like me and never see the fairway. Very well maintained. Its not Equinelle or Loch March but that is to be expected when the cost is so much less. You get above and beyond what you pay for. Barbecue going outside and good beer makes a break after 9th great. Best value in the city in my opinion.

Too Long a wait

This is the second time this year we had to wait before teeing off. The Folks in the clubhouse blamed Golf Now For multiple bookings at the same tee time. This has happened before. I think the systems do not talk to each other well and it is probably the Glen Mar system as we have only had this problem with this course. This time we were a full 30 minutes late getting to the first tee.

Great track for price

Great track for price, not overly difficult but hard enough to keep you honest. Good conditiond considering it is still early in the season. Excellent vslue for money. Staff are very friendly.

This course has a great layout and is very picturesque.

This course has a few holes that could be changed to make it fairer. Tee boxes for women should be moved up on almost every hole.

Great Walk on a Beautiful Day

A very enjoyable day on a course that begs to be walked. The greens were quite decent for this time of year and although there is some damage to the fairways they were also fine for the early part of the season.

Maybe the nicest folks in the business work at Glen Mar starting when you walk in to the Pro-Shop door right through the starter to the staff at the nineteenth hole.

While this course will never be confused with Eagle Creek, it is a naturally appealing place without a single house or condo-block anywhere to be found, plenty of wildlife and some well defined tree-lined holes that give the course some character and charm.

Great value for the money and the only hitch being they might be too nice to some of the patrons who can be slower than needed.

this course is long for women. ..positional play required

Played in early spring so the course is not in ideal shape yet. One fairway very chewed up by skunks!! Played with a nice couple and overall enjoyed the challenge...

Glen-Mar - great experience

Glen- Mar is located just 15 mins from the heart of Kanata and this makes it quick and simple to get to. We were pleasantly surprised that the course was very dry and clearly has good drainage. The front 9 had some minor damage in the fairways however the back 9 was fantastic for the time of year and the greens were a 8/10. With a little rain and growth it will be back to its mid- season challenge and form! Thanks!

Autumn golf at Glen Mar

My wife and I had an enjoyable round of golf with friends from out of town despite of the cool weather condition. The course was still in good shape for this time of year.

Laidback course

There are many doglegs that test your accuracy. It is not a must to drive long, but good positioning is rewarded.

Bumber-to-bumber golf -- don't waste your time there!

The starter can't keep people on schedule, we were 10-15 min late starting off, then they send groups back-to-back with no space on a demanding hole # 1 par 4 (handicap 1) that plays more like a par 5 for seniors, and you can imagine the rest...a front nine that takes over 2.5 hours. We abondoned after the front 9 since it took 40 min from dowtown Ottawa to reach the course. The greens were so-so and the fairways and tee-boxes are not well maintained. Even the GolfNow discount could not not make up for these shortcomings. We have now faced the same scenario twice in a few weeks, once in the morning and this time in the afternoon. I know they're trying to make up for a difficult season but this way of conducting their business will jeopordize any repeat business potential.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.