Style Parkland
Rolling Hills Golf Club - Bethesda Grange Course

Year Built 0
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 31

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi John64Q. Thanks for the positive review.

We hope to see you back again in the 2020 season!

gty

Golf Carts in Poor Condition

The golf carts need to be replaced or at least better maintained. They do not start in cold weather and have given me trouble all season long. The carts have a gas engine as well as a clutch but neither work properly. On this particular day, the parking lot was full of golfers trying to start their golf carts and most, like myself, went from cart to cart, trying to find one that worked. Fortunately, the cold, foggy morning pushed the tee times back an hour and my good rating shows that I like playing this golf course. But the golf carts are too old and not working properly.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi gty. Thanks for the positive review and taking the time to share your feedback.

We are certainly looking at cart enhancements during the off-season. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will join us again in 2020.

Double booked

My tee time was double booked and I had to show confirmation for them to add me back in. It was so frustrating. I guess the double booking was serious because there were at least 20 people waiting to tee off. We ended up being delayed for half an hour. Due to the late start, the sun set at the 17th hole and we could not finish the game!

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi ktl682. I am sorry to hear of your technology obstacles when booking. We would love to hear which booking system you used so we can ensure no future issues arise.

There was a frost day the day of your round which accounted for the 30 minute delay off the tee - when that happens it is frequent for all golfers to stay at the tee to get out ASAP. Unfortunately we can't control the amount of frost this late into the season.

Please email us at playersclub@clublink.ca to look into your booking further for any solutions we can provide for your next visit. Thanks, and hope to see you soon.

Superb Course

The course is very well maintained. The only thing need a better golf cart

Commented on 10/16/2019

Thanks for the positive review. We hope to see you back again soon.

Fun!

Got paired with a couple of younger, very good golfers. Lots of fun, course in good shape.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thanks for the 4 star review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your round.

We hope to see you back again soon.

Great course, I will definitely play here again, well kept greens

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear of the positive experience, we hope to see you back again soon!

Challenging 18 holes

Sweet clean courses test all clubs in your bag 2 thumbs up

Very Old Cart

Most of the carts were too old and they should not be used. We had a cart that wouldn't move after each stop. We had to try multiple times and pushed it several times. The phone number to the pro shop is permanently forwarded to voicemail so we were not able to get any help. We finally ran into a marshal. He tested it and asked us to be patient and keep trying. He came back after 5 to 6 holes to check on us which was very nice of him. Although it was painful, the cart worked until the end of the game.
We played at this course very often, and this is not the first time we got a dying cart. We had the cart replaced several times in several games.

Commented on 08/16/2019

HI ktl682. Thanks for taking the time to review your recent round with us.

We are pleased to know you did have an enjoyable day aside from the carts issue. We appreciate he feedback on our carts and will continue to ensure our cart maintenance is a top priority to ensure we don''t have any under performing carts on the course. We hope to see you back again soon - we try to ensure we have the best golf & cart bundle value in the area.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We hope to see you back at the club, soon.

Tacky and petty

Staff is tacky and petty.

Cart girl noticed we had a cooler bag on our cart. The Marshall asked if he could inspect our bag (this is on the 12th hole and we had already purchased food and alcoholic beverages from the club house prior ). I said sure, no problem sir. I was polite and honest. We had some snacks/waters and 2 of our own beers in our bag. He wanted to take our beer and keep them. To me, that sounds like they wanted to throw a sticker on there and then re-sell them to someone else at $8 a can.
I said no it’s ok,..we will gladly just leave. A warning and letting us finish our round would have been sufficient but then I realized they’ll be watching us even more now and making us feel uncomfortable if we where to stay.

The best was when I asked the Marshall if in his 40 years around the game of golf if he ever had an “un-authorized alcoholic beverage “ on a golf course and his answer was
“NO”
What a bare faced lie right to my face. Please buddy, who you kidding. Gimme a break. 40 years, never once lol. Ya ok.
We where honest and open with them,..them not so much in return.
Left a sour taste in my mouth about Rolling Hills and the staff that represents the golf course. Petty.

Pace of play is slow and the Marshall/cart girl is watching you like a hawk. More interested in catching people drinking un-authorized beverage than they are about controlling the pace of play and safety of golfers.

Safe to say we won’t be back there.

Commented on 08/08/2019

MatGolf12346

I see you left 2 reviews. We take any violations of our liquor license very seriously, and our protocol is to confiscate any unauthorized alcohol. We are still libel for that alcohol so we must take accountability. In the future to ensure you don't lose your outside alcohol, please ensure to leave it in your vehicle. The same would go for all other golf courses.

We still welcome you back for another round in the future.

Tacky and petty

Course is in great condition. Decent pace of play as well.
However, the staff is tacky band petty.
Had a Marshall rummage through our cooler bag. Ya we had a couple of our own adult BEVERAGES , snacks and sandwiches in there. We had also BOUGHT 3 rounds prior to being confronted on the 12 hole by the Marshall. He wanted to take our adult beverages away from us .., not dump them out. To me that means so they could throw a sticker on there and sell them back to people at there cost of $8 . We where honest and thought maybe they’d let us continue with a warning. We would have been more than happy with that and no hard feelings.
The best was when I asked the Asian/oriental Marshall who rummaged through our bag if he’d ever once had a non-authorized beverage on a golf course during his 45 years in the industry his answer was NO..
bare face lie. Gimme a break pal. Who you kidding here.
We where honest with them but he wasn’t with us. Leaves a sour taste in our mouths.
We where more than polite and decided that we’d rather leave then continue especially now knowing we’d be followed and watched by the course staff for the rest of the round.

Safe to say the course is petty and we won’t be back there.

MatGolf12346

We still welcome you back for another round in the future.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear of your positive experience.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Nice surprise

Haven't played this course in over 30 years. It was a pleasant surprise to see the good condition of the course and a fairly challenging layout. Great value for the money.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to see you returned after so long - we hope the next visit isn't too far in the future.

See you soon!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We hope to see you back again, soon.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi GangilKim. Thanks for the positive review.

We hope to host you again soon.

pace of play and bathroom

Pace of play is acceptable. Early morning tee times seemed to have a better control on pace of play. All afternoon games I've played this year have been very slow, and the wait time could be as long as 15 minutes, especially for those par 3 holes. Some friends got fed up and refused to come again.
Bathroom is still an issue. The only portable bathroom on hole #4 has been removed for a few years. I have not seen any bathroom on the course.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi ktl682. Thanks for the positive review.

Due to some circumstances, we have our washroom located at the turn, available before you move to the back nine. We certainly promote the morning tee times for the fastest pace of play for the day.

We appreciate the comments, and hope to see you back again soon.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We hope to have you back to the club again soon.

good easy course

good price for what u get. the amenities, power carts, and course is a bit older but greens and fairways were well maintained.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review. We are glad to hear of your positive experience.

We hope to host you again soon!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi Kakish88. Thanks for the positive review.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.