Style Executive
Rolling Hills Golf Club - Classic Course

Year Built 0
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 31

Pace of play

I received a response from an advisor that said the Classic is for beginners and that I should expect slow play. Yes I do agree to some extent, what I don't agree with is that I mentioned that they were hitting 2 balls off the tee and doing it in front of me to spite me. My review overall of the entire round was honest and all I got was play the other courses then, instead of we are sorry for your inconvenience this is not acceptable. I have had great experiences playing with nice people at this course, but always the same issues. I said that it was my last round at Rolling Hills and I got the hope to see you back again comment. Now if you have taken the time to read this you will know that you skimmed through my first review and did not take it seriously because if you did, then you wouldn't have just shrugged your shoulders and said go to another course. I enjoyed playing there but I guess because I don't have a membership or I don't play everyday, my opinion or money doesn't matter. Well I will find another course probably even closer to my home than Rolling Hills and play there maybe I can have better luck with the etiquette than I have had at this course.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks again for sending us your comments. It may be most beneficial to email us directly at playersclub@clublink.ca as we would like the opportunity to resolve - which can be done most efficiently with direct contact.

We apologize if our response was taken out of context, that was not our intention.We hope to hear from you so we can clarify and assist in resolving. In the hopes you will visit again in 2020 and beyond.

Contact Information:
playersclub@clublink.ca
905-841-5351

Etiquette and pace of play

Once again I have the same issues but this is the last time I will comment. I was playing behind a twosome. of ladies when I started my round. There was a twosome of gentlemen 2 holes ahead of them by the time I finished 3rd hole, the ladies still were waiting for this pair to finish the 4th so they could tee off. After that it was just downhill. The ladies were parking their cart on the apron of the greens even on the longer holes so I couldn't tee off and were celebrating when they made putts like they were on the lpga. The pairing that started I don't know when after me caught up to me and had to wait until they finished, or when they played through the gentlemen, the gentlemen finished. They were an extreme amateur and a first time player and were hitting 2 off the tee on many holes even when I was right there watching. It was just a reminder of why rules are in place but unfortunately the marshals were only around for the first 4 or 5 holes and not too many more. This was my last round of the year and most likely my last round at Rolling Hills. The staff are great, but unfortunately the Challenge course and the Bethesda course I think are more important because I have been told and witnessed the marshal's out there more than on the Classic. It's a shame because I like the course but I am tired of having the same issues every time and nothing changing.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent round with us. The Classic course is well known as a great course for beginners who may be learning the game, or who do not want to play a full size course. With that we do see some beginner golfer type play and the pace of play that comes along with it. We highly recommend for a fuller golf experience and golfers who are more familiar with the game, to try our Challenge or Bethesda Grange courses.

We hope to see you back at one of our other courses, as those may be the best fit for what you are looking for. Hope to see you back again!

Good Course. Bang for your buck!

After reading reviews prior to me going there I was of course sceptical. To be honest I enjoyed it. It's a simple course (beginner). Pace was good and the Marshall only came once. Disappointed the drinks cart didn't come but thats it. Value for money and it is what you get. Pay more to play at the really nice courses. Will definitely go again.

Commented on 09/26/2019

Thanks for the positive review. We are glad you enjoyed the course, and felt great value for money.

We hope to see you back again!

Fun course, very good condition

Played with my GF, 59, and two young men we met on the first tee. The shortness of the course made it easy for my short-hitting GF to keep up with us. It's an easy walk as well - no steep hills. We walked and were able to keep up easily with the boys in the cart.

Conditions were for the most part, very good. The greens were among the best I've played - smooth and true. I was able to hole putts from 20, 40, and 60 feet, and in each case I saw the line, and the ball tracked it perfectly. Some holes had issues with ball marks.

Fairways were also good - not the lush carpets you get at some clubs, to be sure, but I didn't have any problems with lousy lies in the fairways, and the rough was manageable (i.e. you could find your ball and hit it, but it was thick).

The tees weren't that great, but I was putting my ball on a peg all the time, so it didn't matter too much. The sand traps varied from OK, to hardpan, to wet and filled with goose droppings.

We had a great day, sunny and 88 degrees. Pace of play was fine - we had to wait a bit for the group ahead each hole, but not long. Took us 4 hours to play.

Great course to sharpen your play on (some of the par 3's are 190+, so it's not all wedges and 9 irons) if you're a mid-handicapper, and a fun course for people who can hit it 100 yards, like my GF.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks for the positive review, and share you feedback with us. We sincerely appreciate it.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the round, and hope you can make it host to another great round for your girlfriend and yourself.

Very good course

Short course at just over 4000 yards. However it was very enjoyable. Greens and fairways were excellent, the sand traps could use some work. Playing this course will certainly give your short game a good test.
I will certainly play this course again.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks for the 5 star review! We appreciate the feedback - we hope to see you return for another round, soon!

Great course for the price

Can’t go wrong for the price to play.

The only thing that bothered me is that they charged $3.30 for the smallest $1 chocolate bar. (Bring your own snacks I guess).

The wings made up for the ridiculously priced snacks.

I heard they also charged another person 6$ for a tiny 2$bag of nuts.

They gotta make money somewhere I guess...

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thanks for the positive review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Hi jpmaggia. Thanks for the 5 star review!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Hi mpelchovitz.

Thanks for sharing your experience, and for the positive review.

We hope to see you back again soon!

For the price, its a no brainer!

I have golfed at Rolling Hills, both the classic and the challenge course many times!

As more and more friends are getting into golf it is a cheap and fun way to get out on the golf course. For beginners its mostly forgiving and for more seasoned players its a day out on the course.

I will keep coming back for more golf at Rolling Hills.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hi rdookram. Thanks for the positive review!

The Usual

I should stop reviewing the course because it is always the same issues, but maybe after enough times something might be done. Pace of play and course etiquette are always an issue, but yesterday was an exception. We had the marshall actually ask us to pick up the pace after the slow twosome in front of us had finally been asked to leave the course. That was very insulting and we all thought afterwards very uncalled for. He said he knew it wasn't our fault, but even still, why would you even say it. In my opinion it was very rude and crass to ask people who are keeping pace as much as possible to go faster when the groups on front of them are slow and the marshall has either warned them at removed them.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thanks for the positive review! It seems there may have been a miscommunication from the marshall. The intention was to advise your group that the slow group ahead has left the course and you should have no pace of play issues moving forward.

I understand his communication may have not come through well based on your comments. We apologize for that being misconstrued. Our intention was for a better golf experience - we do hope to see you back again!

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hi dabige. Thanks for the 5 star review! We appreciate it.

We look forward in having you back for another round, soon.

The usual issues

Once again I have the same problem with the Classic course, slow play and no etiquette. The group ahead of my playing partner and I started 25 minutes before us and we caught them by the 4th hole. As well, people opposite tee blocks and fairways hitting errant shots weren't yelling to let us know. Also, we never once saw a marshall on the course, but that was probably due to the tournament happening at the same time. I love this course, it's just a little annoying that this is an ongoing problem.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thanks for the positive review. We are constantly reviewing our pace of play, Our classic course will have the most inconsistent with many beginners that enjoy the club.

We suggest you to try the Challenge and Bethesda Grange courses for another challenge! We hope to see you back again soon.

Plays Twice a year

Hi MPauls.

Thanks for the positive review, we hope to see you back again soon.

Good course good prices

Everything went well pace of play was pretty slow though.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the positive review, we hope to see you back again soon.

Please try out our early morning tee times for the fastest pace of the day.

Great Day of Golf

First time playing here and had a wonderful round of golf! Greens were perfect and extremely fast, fairways and T-Blocks were also in perfect shape! The staff we engaged with were friendly, courteous and very welcoming when we arrived. Although it was hot but not stinking hot a visit or 2 from the beverage cart would have been nice. We saw them at the pro shop before we headed out for the round but we didn’t have one come by during our entire round. Luckily we brought our own Gator Aide. All in all still a great day of golf and will definitely make 1 1/2 drive to play there again. Possibly one of the 2 courses they have there.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the positive review and comments.

We are pleased to hear of your enjoyment of the day - we have passed along your beverage cart comments to F&B team to ensure the frequency is posted daily.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi mbaxter. Thanks for the positive review.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi LKS11. Thanks for the positive review.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 4 star review. We are glad to hear of your positive experience.

Hi TerryRoloson.

Thanks for the positive review! We are glad to hear, and hope to see you back again soon.

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.