Year Built 1969
Architect Robert Muir Graves (1969)

Carts Yes - $12 - $17

Credit Cards Accepted VISA Welcomed
Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Clubhouse

Very good summer public course conditions

Boundary Oak is in very good condition for mid summer at a public golf course. Would consider this a 4.5 star review. Greens and immediate surrounds are in excellent shape as course is rolling greens multiple times each week so quick green speed and true, especially in the am. Fairways are good and course is doing selective fairway aeration and overseeding on typical drier area of fairways. Only complaint is very intermittent bunker maintenance but things seem to be improving there as well. Course as gone to 9.5 minute tee time intervals so pace of play most of day is very good. Very good municipal course conditions for this time of year.

Beware of the greens monster

With all the rain we have the fairways is so green and this course drain well we are able to drive on while other course ( car paths only )
You would think the greens a little bit slow right
Not so nice well kept green and fast
Very challenging green love this course and you can easily walk this course as well

You won’t be disappointed. Fun course. Well maintained. Excellent staff. Overall a great course you’ll most likely have a good day here, no matter what you shoot.

Home course

This is the home course and I’ve been playing here for years. It’s a great track that has a very forgiving first hole and tough back nine stretch. Everything towards the hospital!

My Happy Place

I might not be the right person to review this course, because this is my favorite place in California. I have spent countless hours practicing on the range, putting and chipping when I started the wonderful game of golf about half a year ago. Finally I felt confident enough to play the course I almost call my second home.

It's a beautiful course! The views are amazing! I played by myself and joined two great guys for an amazing round of golf. Pace was perfect.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff, amenities, condition of the course and value for money. If you're in the area and enjoy the game of golf; do yourself a favor and visit this place. You won't regret it.

California Advisor

Nice gem

Fun course in the East bay. Good shape, fun layout with variety of hole designs. Pace of play was fine.

Great course conditions

This is gem of a public course run by CourseCo. Great layout and fun to play, conditions are excellent, especially for end of summer season. Greens are typically excellent and tend to run on the fast and challenging side. Par 4's are strong especially holes 4,9,15, and 16 and the par 5's on the back will challenge your game (view from behind #14 pictured). Fairways are in very good shape and overall the maintenance staff has really paid attention to detail around the greens, tees, and fairways. Friendly staff and great service. Pace of play on weekends good before 9 am, after that it is mixed. Great place to hold a tournament with helpful staff. 4 practice greens and large driving range with mats and separate grass area to work on your game.

Rude staff

I love playing this course, challenging and fun. However, I don't think I will return due to the unaccomidating staff. I have played here a lot but I don't think I will return. Matt, who works the desk, is extremely condescending. I booked this particular tee time as a hot deal, and because I paid less, I was treated like I was ignorant and didn't belong on the course. I am a walnut creek resident and I pay full price for this course frequently. The less than one minute interaction I had with Matt was so unsatisfactory that it was hard to enjoy the game. For this reason I cannot reccomend this course.

course in great shape

Course was in great condition, greens fairly fast and smooth. pace of play was perfect

Rude Staff..

Agree with previous review. Whenever you book a golfnow deal online the same person behind the front desk is arguing with you about teeing off at your scheduled tee-time even if the course is wide open, and nobody is on the 1st tee box. Worst Customer experience ever, and I have played hundreds of public, and private golf courses all over the country and have never been treated like this.

good value, good condition

Started with good lunch. Fairways in good shape. Played slow for front 9, back picked up. Nice views. Forgiving course.

playing great

This course was playing fantastically yesterday! The greens are rolling fast and true. The bunkers have great sand. The whole course was just manicured and it fits the eye great! Get a round in soon because the waters going dry in CA! Enjoy &goodluck!....ps the par 3s here are really fun in my personal opinion!

Excellent value for your dollar

This is my home course but I play all over the East Bay. The course is in great shape. The difficulty of this course is the greens, a really good challenge!

Anonymous

Nice track...will play agin

Perfect weather,course tee-boxes fairways good,
greens excellent...but a couple of holes...putts got
the "dimple roll" as UNFAIR how far the ball "rolled
out". Over all I like the course...and will play again.
Course has alittle bit of hills..but very walkable.

Lightning Quick Greens

Played on a Sunday at 1:30 expecting a typical slow day, but was pleasantly surprised. Played in just under 5 hours which is great for this course on a busy day, and trust me it was PACKED. Daylight savings started today and the weather was a perfect 72 degrees. I usually expect hard and fast conditions around the greens at Boundary and that's what we received. I personally enjoy greens of that speed and challenge, it weeds out the crumbumbs in my foursome.

I love this course

If you haven't tried Boundary Oaks, I highly recommend you give it a try. You will be impressed by the beautiful scenery and excellent shape this course is in. The greens are a bit fast, especially down hill, so keep that in mind. I had another beautiful day of golf, I'm so glad I booked at Boundary Oaks, it had been a while. It's my favorite course in this local area and I was delighted to see this course on Golfnow.com.

4 hour round

I had an enjoyable afternoon round last weekend. Played in 4 hours, which is unusual for weekend afternoons. Several of the greens need to be reworked as they take the skill out of the game. A 10 foot putt should not break 15 feet. At times it felt like miniature golf, but for the windmill. But the layout is good and worth playing again.

TGIF

I have played this course many times, today the pace of play was exceptional. Only had to wait for 3 holes, finished in under 4 hours.
Considering the drought condition in the state, the fairways were in good conditions, the greens were rolling fast. Hole placement on Friday made the course especially challenging. The wind and slope had a tendency to blow or pull the ball all the way down the slope of the greens

Fairways in average condition but the greens are in good shape

The pace of play was extremely slow. My scheduled tee time was a little before 1 pm however I didn't tee off until 1:10 because my name was not on the schedule. In addition we did not finish due to darkness.

Course locally

Day was great
Course condition greens were all pretty good

Walnut Creek, California