Woodington Lake Golf Club - Legacy Course

Year Built N/A

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Showers, Lockers

Woodington Lake - Legacy

Typically my reviews are generally positive - even when things aren't exactly as expected. However, today I had an experience that I felt needed to be shared about those who take the game of golf and reduce it to something much less enjoyable because they don't exhibit the etiquette that the game is known for. This is my story of what will be my last game for 2020.

As a single player, I had a tee time booked through Golf Now for 10:20AM. I arrived at the first tee to find the 10:00AM and 10:10AM foursomes still waiting to tee off. I was asked by the marshal where were the two other players booked for the same time as me. I explained that I was a single and did not know who the other players were or why they had not arrived on time at the first tee. While I waited for the 10:00AM foursome to tee off (nearly 30 minutes behind) two more foursomes arrived - the 10:30 and 10:40 start times. After the first two groups teed off, the marshal said that he had no idea what had happened to the twosome that was supposed to play with me at the 10:40 start time so I should just go ahead as a single. I did that and the group in front of me invited me to play through which I was very appreciative of. When I arrived at the next tee (hole 2) I came upon a threesome who invited me to hit up and join them. They were walking and were "members". When I asked what tee time they had they said 10:40. I questioned that knowing that I had arrived on the first tee prior to 10:40 and knowing that they had been nowhere in sight. To that question one of the "members" yelled at me that they had teed off at 10:23 and that they all had i-phones and could read the time. With that I picked up my ball and drove back to the first tee and reported to the marshal what I had seen and been told. He confirmed (what I already knew) that he had never seen them and we both suspected that they had jumped ahead of both foursomes that were booked ahead of them. The fact that I had questioned their start time obviously struck a nerve. So, I told the marshal that I was heading back to the pro shop and that I was finished for the day - after 2 holes. When I told the individual in the pro shop he confirmed that he had never seen the "member" threesome and that he was not aware that they had teed off out of order. I told him I wasn't prepared to put up with 4 or more hours with people like that - "members" or otherwise. The individual understood completely and immediately issued me a "raincheck" good for 18 holes anytime next year. He also suggested that I contact the Head Pro which I will do. As I was about to leave for the parking lot the food cart arrived and the girl driving the cart asked me how my day was. I told her about my experience and she said she knew who the "members" were and that she could understood my frustration. The individuals working at the course were very empathetic and I appreciate their level of attention and concern as well as the action that was taken. My next step is to make sure that I can identify who the individual "member" was so that I can avoid any possible contact with him in the future. I am considering membership at this course for 2021 hopeful that the conditions we have been through in 2020 (Covid-19) will have been dealt with and we can get back to some level of normalcy. Woodington Lake offers two challenging 18 hole courses. They are making a large financial commitment and undergoing major renovations to the course(s) so conditions will be even better there next year. Their facilities are very nice and their staff is as good as anywhere. Unfortunately, they cannot control the attitudes and actions of players. I hope this message resonates with those who read it so we can reflect on our own actions and attitudes and remember why we started playing this great game.

30th round. Big time disappointment

Have played there at least twice a year for the last 15 years. Played at the start of the year and now the end. Course was in decent shape at the start but there seemed to be changes along the way that have made the course not quite as beautiful as it once was. 18th hole has been transformed and doesn’t look of play as nice as it once did. A lot of repairs happening around the course. The 18th this late into the season was being renovated which is fine however not a mention when it was booked and they simply just dropped a flag in the beat up fairway. Not a great way to finish a round regardless of the time of year. There was a group of 6 two groups up and the marshal only came around once and never seemed to notice or came to check. Pace slowed. Very disappointed in this course with how it has changed last few years.

So beautiful.....expected course.. so good

It was nice to play in this c.
Greatquality and nice staffu

Slow

4:45 to play.
One slow group held everyone up.
No marshals in sight.

End of Season, but first time playing this track

Can't comment on pace of play, staff or off-course stuff as I played on a cool day during C19 and I had the place to myself. The course was in great shape and super friendly to play with little to no leaves in the fall. Before I left the grounds I booked a second round for next week. Fingers crossed it works out! Will play again many more times!

Great Test at a decent rate!

A great course that will test every part of your game. The greens require your full attention.
Great course in excellent late season condition.

That was amazing

This is wow!!! great course had everything price,scenery,challenging,immaculate condition, and the greens,where slick, That's all folks. lloyd

Legends is a tougher/ better course than legacy... but legacy is great too. Open and forgiving with water around to keep your attention. Will play again for sure

Professional Course

What a course! Myself and my three playing partners played the Legacy course. We played from the Whites.
The course is tough yet very enjoyable. The greens are lightening fast, almost like putting on a pool table.
We had so much fun, even though we lost a ton of balls and all played over 100 each. Ha!
If you go, enjoy a professional golf course, that cares about their grounds, their image and of course the customer. We’ll be back!

Great course. Awful carts

This season I’ve played at Woodington Lakes legacy and legends a total of 6 times. Out of the 6 times, 5 of those my cart just stopped working. I’ve complained every time, and I’m always told, yeah it’s a problem our carts have and we don’t know why. I’ve had to stop playing and call the clubhouse. Wait for staff to answer my phone call on the golf course (which can take a while), have them drive out another cart for me and then transfer all of my clubs and belongings to the new cart. It’s extremely frustrating since the course itself is one of my favourites.

This has happened to several of the carts in our group as well. It is a problem they need to fix before i go back there considering it is not cheap.

Tottenham, Ontario