The Links at Georgian Sands

Practice hole: Yes
Teaching pro: No

Singles allowed: Yes

Back 72 7100 yards 74.0 134

Location is worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers   Challenges include water hazards forced carries plays long

"This couse is shaping up nicely"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

I really like this course it is not an overly difficult course the greens are in really good shape the island par 3 is nice and the back 9 is nice there is construction going that has changed a few holes but overall a good course

"Excellent Potential"

Richard7668327's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Thus course is in the middle of a housing development so the scenery is large mounds of dirt and big machines, surrounding the course. Thus year newer carts with a windshield. Course in nice shape and improving all the time. No clubhouse yet so golf only, no putting green or range but i am sure those items are in the future plans. I see a big need to market this hidden gem.

"Good value"

Delunatics's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Course is surrounded by construction but for this time of year was in great shape. Nice greens, fairways. Would appreciate map on scorecard for the longer holes.... dog leg left or right? Sometimes not sure. Would recommend to a friend.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club on 10/03/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for choosing our course, in the Ontario - GTA area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Hoping Housing Doesn't Envelop So We Can Come Back"

sclemmen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

This is a "look at us, were building houses" golf course. However. Once you get past the scary sloppy construction drive to first tee and play the first hole, it gets WAY better. I agree with other posters, the island par 3 is lots of fun with an elevated tee deck and variable wind factor. 12th hole is unique and I cant say I have ever hit a second shot lengthwise over a bridge before, mostly because I chunked it into the shiitake mushrooms! 18 is an S-bend so again, interesting. Absolutely no refreshments, no beverage cart, amenities very poor. If you simply want to play golf without the frills its a great course.

"Get what you see"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

A wide open fairly straight course, a few blind shots. Greens are fair and true , love the Island Green with the swell in the middle..

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club on 09/22/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions, specifically the greens, and we always love receiving feedback on our signature 5th hole. Thank you for recommending our golf course, in the Ontario - GTA area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

"Variety"

uNUCH5534NU's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

1pm tee off on a Sunday and got to love the 3.5 hr round. Greens were in great shape and rolling really nice. Fairways were in good shape for most part.

A combination of easy, wide open holes, to longer narrow holes surrounded by the marsh. There are some holes that if playing first time, you will most likely get in trouble. the island par 3 was a real nice touch for a course out in Wasaga Beach area. I believe this course used to be called Links of New England or something like that. No cart girl or even alcoholic beverages being sold. It seems like the course is 2 steps away from surrendering to housing development.

"Links"

jamesmccarthy1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Fairways could be in better shape but not a bad course. Some very challenging holes. Good value for the money just don't think it will be around for long with all the construction surrounding the course

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Hello Greg, thank you for giving our course, The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club, a three-star review. We appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness and course conditions. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the course layout and pace of play. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Love this track."

weatherbee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

We play her a lot because we love it so much. Interesting holes, the right level of challenge and great staff!!

"Earthmovers"

Davidlambie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/17/2017

I golfed here last year and was impressed with layout. This year they have removed the first hole so now the second hole is # 1. The only problem being is we had to tee off between earthmoving equipment working the land for new homes. The eathmovers were passing about 25 yards directly in front of the tee box ? It was entertaining. They've added a new par 3 to keep 18 holes. The course was in good shape, fairways cut, tee boxes ok and the greens are in great shape. The island green is a nice challenge for those who like water. The only hole I and quite a few others have a problem with is hole # 12. Hitting over the first environment area and hoping to land close to the bridge ? Second shot over second environmental area and bridge is tough. The average golfer might as well drop a ball on the other side of the bridge, and take a stroke rather than keep loosing balls. This course has a lot of potential and I will recommend and play it several times more.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Friendly staff.. not very busy. Some very challenging holes. It would be nice if there was a 'picture' of the hole so you can see if it's a dog leg left or right and where the 'traps' might be.

"This course can be challenging"

golfboy1964's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Had a good time. Challenging holes throughout but wish we were informed of the construction of houses before hand. Construction vehicles were driving in front of the first tee off box every 30 seconds and was very distracting.

Only suggestion would be to have an aerial view of the holes pictured on the backs of the score cards or on each tee off sign. Can be hard at times to figure out where the fairway is.

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club on 08/02/2017:

Hi Andrew, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our course. We appreciate the 3 star rating and are glad that you had a good experience! We regret to hear that the construction was interfering on this particular visit. We hope that you'll give us the chance to earn your business again soon at The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club.

"Cow pasture"

davidgrant85's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2017

Course is in pretty rough shape. Staff were very friendly though. The starter and turf guys were great! Would almost come back just for them! Hoping they turn this course around...

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club on 07/31/2017:

Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Links at Georgian Sands Golf Club in the Ontario - GTA area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, but we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. Thank you for the 3 star review and we hope to see you again soon.

"Cottage getaway"

carloprosdocimo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

Absolutely enjoy playing this course and look forward to the island hole every time. I hope the new ownership group does not let this grow wild. It's a gem, look forward to playing this course when at the cottage. This course offers all the golf challenges and picturesque views you can ask for. The wildlife seen are awesome.

"Not a bad course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017

Decent course. Conditions could be a little better and conditions of the fairways and tee box could be better. Decent course either way

"Interesting and challenging"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

We had a great day on the Links. The course was in good condition and certainly was very challenging and we play normally to a 18-20 handicap. There was nobody in front or behind us so speed of play was not an issue. However I would suggest the course eliminate the long grass areas as it will slow down play when it is busier. The rough is more than sufficient to provide the challenge for most golfers. We will definitely go back and play again.

Response from The Links at Georgian Sands on 06/12/2017:

Hello Garry, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and the three star rating. We are happy to hear the pace of play, staff friendliness, and course layout was enjoyable during your round. We will pass along the issues mentioned to our team in order to make enhancements where needed moving forward. We appreciate your support and look forward to having you back soon here at The Links at Georgian Sands in Wasaga Beach. Have a great day!

"Perfect Location"

Glenn9109850's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2017

I was looking for a place to golf close to home for a reasonable price. This course met my expectations and I will be back. I will add that its not perfect but how will it get there if we don't support it. Enjoy