1.8

Water Park Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1961
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 30

Terrible

I booked a tee time for 1:00 and arrived at 12:55 I walked into the pro shop and while I was walking in the owner walked at and I waited inside for 15 minutes until I asked if someone was working. They owner never asked for confirmation he just told me to go when a group was on the tee box already. There were multiple 5 sums and a 6 sum I saw during my round. There Porta potty was not clean and could smell it from every whole. The course wasn’t the best but for the price it was more than I expected. Overall I will not be going back but if I was to go back it would be because of the good price.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us. What you describe is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us though. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Water Park Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Unsatisfied

For the second time this year we booked on golf now and the round included cart. Today we went there and even though we had a tee time with a cart the owner stated “no cart” as he had a tournament starting. He said it wasn’t his problem and we had to deal with Golf Now. Given a hard time both times we have gone even with proof of cart purchase. Rude and not willing to work with anything.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hello Kim, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Plays Twice a year

great for the average golfer

Come for improving your game and you won't be disappointed. Great price, good pace , and long fairways make it special. The "clubhouse" is not what this place is about.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Water Park Golf Club another try in the near future.

Big bang for buck

If you just want to practice your common shots, this is it. I could have given it 4 stars but it was so muddy in the fairway. It needs a lot of drainage. Greens are ok.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We are working to recover the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Water Park Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Response from on 09/21/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Water Park Golf and Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Poor timing and pace

The staff booked us in the middle of a golf tournament. The course is not challenging and not worth the $$$

Response from on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for golfing with us. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor and that you had to deal with slow play. Our staff will keep working hard to make necessary improvements, and we are welcome to hearing any more feedback that you might have.
Response from on 05/25/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the 3 stars, we hope to have you back soon.

greens

The greens were just aerated and top dressed, so rather slow. The par 3's are tough. Some challenging par 4's. Nice to walk and hit some shots.

Response from on 09/22/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Water Park Golf & Country Club, in the Ontario - Niagara/Windsor area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, specifically the greens. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope you see an improvement for your next round with us. It looks like your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

What you expect.

Good walking course with a variety of short to mid range holes. What you should expect for the green fee

Plays Twice a year

Course in decent shape- small greens.

I don't golf often. Found the course to in very good shape. Grass was green, fairways a little long but the rough wasn't that bad. Limited hazards, fairly flat. Greens are small. Clubhouse looks like it had seen better days. Gas golf carts inexpensive. Overall good experience.

Water Park Fun Small Course

This is a small 18 hole course around 4500 yds.. Ok for the price an easier than most courses except tricky water hazard and tree locations.. .
Not busy but it was a hot day for most people. I like it hot...
Some short par 4's (200+ yards) and par 5's (420+- yards) .
Have had a lot of rain so course will likely be dry in a normal season...

Response from on 08/02/2017:
Hi Clare, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Water Park Golf & Country Club. We appreciate the 3 star rating. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, layout, and conditions. We hope to see you back soon in the Niagara/Windsor area.

boring

First and last time at this place boring layout I lost 3 balls in the fairway as rough and fairway where no different! Best part of this day was the breakfast we eat at a local family diner.......

Response from on 06/05/2017:
Hello Joanne, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our golf course. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to earn your business again.

For juniors and beginners

We arrived Sunday at 11am my wife and I to play a round.
It's been the hottest summer on record and the course conditions prove that. Can't tell where the fairway and rough splits cause they are in the same condition.
Very dry and hard surfaces, the course is in poor condition and needs lots of tlc.
The greens not so bad but very slow. Should be trimmed more.
There are courses out there for same price but much better conditions. The management people of the course should heed the warning and improve conditions before it's too late.

First time golfer

I wouldn't recommend this coarse to your regular golfer, however for someone who is starting for the first time would suffice.Poor layout and even dangerous tee locations drainage tires all over not a well maintained course at all. Won't ever play here again!

poor conditions....

really poor conditions at this course. I wouldn't mind golfing here if I was from the area but if you are visiting Niagara Falls, there are plenty better courses around. We made the most of it and still had a good time. If you are a serious golfer, I don't know if you would appreciate this course. I really hate writing poor reviews, but even for a hot deal this place was a hot mess....

this course is good for beginnners

course is very straight forward..flat fairways but very dry fairways and greens..the bunkers are not very well maintained. extremely dry season so it is understandable that there is a lot of burnt fairways. even tho they have unlimited access to a stream on the course they do not water near as much as needed

good beginner course

Enjoyable, quick round. Fairways were not well defined but in good condition. Greens although small, ran true and in very good condition. A crowded layout in some parts with overlapping of fairways/tee boxes which makes for some potentially dangerous play. Essentially an executive course with a couple of legitimate par 4 holes (par 5's are really par 4's). Clubhouse is run down and doesn't seem to be staffed. Would recommend course for a beginner.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Nice course. Looks easy but challenging

Nice course. Greens are in excellent shape. Fairways and Tees are in good shape. Looks easy but challenging with small greens especially par 3's and water hazards.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020