Boulder Creek Golf Club

Greens G2 Bent Grass
Golf Season April - November
Architect Joe Salemi

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express
Dress code Proper Golf Attire is appreciated. Jeans are acceptable. Not cut off shirts or pants. No Metal Spikes. No Tanks Tops.

Excellent

From the moment I walked up, I knew this course was going to be really good. Amazing looking practice area with a mat strip and two tiers of grass tees. Practice sand and chipping area, as well as a massive practice putting green right next to #1/#10 tee box.

Now on to the course... all I can say is wow. I was told by my playing partners that they have trucked in millions of tons of dirt to create the shape of this course, and every contour is noticeable. So many picturesque holes, especially those that border the central lake in the heart of the course. About two weeks of green and tee box aeration, so it was a bit lacking, but didn’t impact normal play too badly.

Overall my experience was fantastic and I would play this course all the time if I could. I highly recommend playing here and really getting to enjoy some beautiful scenery and awesome shots during your round. 10/10.

Great layout.

Normally, one of the nicest golfing experiences in the area. However, this time there were no starters nor rangers to manage pace of play. The round took nearly five hours. That’s too long.

Maybe the best public course in Ohio

I absolutely love everything about this course! The layout is second to none in Ohio. The new GPS system with the "Shark Experience" was a neat addition.

Great layout. Tough. Long. Slooooooooow

Course is in great shape and beautiful but is challenging and many players struggle on it and slow play down to 5-5.5 hr rounds. Unacceptable!!
New satellite cart system has bugs to be worked out
Electronic reminders are not a substitute for a ranger to move play along!!!

Don't do it!

Hour late on tee time because they didnt have carts! 3 more hours to finish front 9. Worst golf experience in my life. Course refused to refund. Never going back!

One of Ohios Best

Northeast Ohio is home to plenty of good golf courses, but if you want to play the best public golf course in ohio, you must add Boulder Creek to your list. Nice elevation changes are aesthetically pleasing to the eye and when you hit it right, you are rewarded. Challenging but fair. Large green complexes will make you beg to be on the right level as the hole. Play is a little slow, but not because of the rangers, the public that plays there needs to show up on time or take a back seat to those that are punctual.

A Must Play!!!

This course lacked absolutely nothing, except easiness! From the first tee to the last, this course will challenge every part of your game. The narrow fairways and approaches, hills, blind tee shots, dog legs, mature trees, large tee boxes, water hazards and drop offs; this course has it all! If you are la ong ball hitter, I would suggest scaling it back or play from the tournament tees, as this course will penalize and reward It was well worth the 3 hour drive from Southwestern Ohio, to see and play and I will certainly make it again and well worth the cost!

GO PLAY THIS COURSE!!!

A new "Must Return To"

I had a few people tell me about this course, and I finally got to play while returning from a business trip. Wow, Well worth the stop. The course was in fantastic shape from tee through the greens. The greens themselves were quick and true. It was the fact that while routed mostly through wooded land, it never felt crowded or pinched. There were times when the treeline required you to play a certain shot, whether it was a draw, a fade, or a shot to a certain point (dogleg) to set up an approach. It is well-bunkered, but not over-bunkered. Water comes into play in the form of creeks and ponds, some of which demand a carry, and other times just frame the hole to one side or the other. When I finished, I just couldn't get it out of my head for the next 100 miles home. It is now in my Top 3 courses in Ohio, and I will go back. Sooner rather than later.

Slow Play

I can't understand golf courses. The starter lets a foursome that is 40 minutes late go ahead of a twosome and then puts a single behind us. We invited the single to join us on hole 2 which worked out great, God forbid the starter would have thought of this. I also would think as a start one of you traits would be to have a great personality, not this guy. Course was backed the halfway house was closed, had to drive all the way back to the understaffed clubhouse for some beverages. The experience could have been way better. This is an example of why golf courses struggle.

six hours to play 18 is terrible. There was not a ranger to be found to help pace of play. One member of our foursome quit after nine and three hours to get a rain check.

Deathly Slow

This round was a comedy of errors. First off, the check-in process was painful. Their was a line to check in because the two people working in the clubhouse did not know how to run credit cards. This delay left us without time to hit range balls before our round. When we went to get a cart, none were available. We had to wait almost 20 minutes to get a cart because it was the Hunger Games with people trying to get one. Nobody was helping those with earlier tee times get a cart first. Once on the course, the pace was SSSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW. It took 3 hours to play 9 holes. We abandoned ship at the turn because of the pace. The course has so much potential, but today was bad.

Nice Track

For a Public Course, this is a great track. Good choice of tees to pick from, nice course layout. Conditions are OK to slightly better than average. Only issue with the course is that the pace of play is always horrible. They overbook and don't manage anything once people are out on the course. I have never had a 4 1/2 hour round, it's always 5+.

Great track!

This is a beautiful layout, can’t wait to play again!

Go on a weekday

Great course the pace was extremely slow. Weekday play would be much more enjoyable

I have played Boulder Creek numerous times over the years and it never seems to disappoint. We were paired up with a couple of guys from Bellevue, OH and had a great day.
Was a little surprised that the pace of play was so slow.
It probably didn't help that they had a single out on the course on a very busy day.

Amazing course

Must be one of the best courses in the state!! Worth triple what I paid, in excellent shape.

Great Course but slow play

The course layout is great, condition were good. But need to work on pace of play 5.5 hours early Sunday.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.