Boulder Creek Golf Club

Type: Public
Greens: G2 Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass
Golf Season: April - November

Dress code: Proper Golf Attire is appreciated. Jeans are acceptable. Not cut off shirts or pants. No Metal Spikes. No Tanks Tops.
Credit cards accepted: Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express

"Challenging course in exceptional condition. Friendly staff"

LORIDAWN56's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

The course was more costly than I usually pay on Golf Now. I kept hearing great things about the course so I finally played it. The greens and fairways are in excellent condition. It was hard to tell the signature hole because there were so many beautiful holes. The 17th hole is the island par 3 but there was another par 3 that was on a peninsula. Both were very challenging. Just loved the course and will definitely play again. Heard the pace of play is an issue sometimes but today it was great!!!!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful course. One of the nicest I've ever played. I real treat!

"Excellent Course Shape"

rmanrique09's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Greens are always fair, but you can easily make a three putt if you lose focus. Fairways, greens, rough, and bunkers were all excellent. This is a top golf public golf course in Ohio for a reason. Front is tougher than the back. I play here in a league on Tuesdays...shouting out to Hack Daddiez. Staff is always friendly. One of my group members made a hole in on the island green 17. Unfortunately, they do not reward players in any way any more. They should at least give him a flag replica!

"Enjoyable round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Course was in very good condition. I believe the greens could have been a little faster, but Mother Nature hasn’t been cooperating as much as we all would like. This is a longer course, but has wide fairways and forgiving rough. One of the best courses in the area. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will return again in 2018.

"Going Downhill"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Have played Boulder Creek for many years and this year the course looks abandoned. Weeds everywhere. Huge clumps of grass everywhere. Greens are diseased. Not good. Looks like they have given up on the course and its appearance.

Won't be back in 2018.

"management change"

erniegroeb's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

can you imagine anybody aerating the fairways with the weather forecast in the 90'S for over a week? obviously this management does...........terrible course conditions.

how can you not have access for senior or ladies tees on all par 4's and 5's. a person must step over a rope.......I played from whites, but my girlfriend and the couple we played with were dismayed.

paid full price for a cart person that was only around once from noon to 5:30. Course was not full, we saw her driving, just not serving.

Almost 6 hours for the round as a group ahead had over 2 holes open. Had to call the club house, what a joke. A person on a cart and a motorcycle came out and basically did nothing.......horrible.

"Flat out awesome"

RedStakes's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

First time playing the course. 2 of us teed off at 7am on a holiday. We arrived right around our tee time and the pro shop attendant/starter asked us pretty politely to "get to the tee." I can respect that as there were a couple groups getting ready to go.

The course itself was in fantastic shape. From tee to green I'm not sure I've seen a course in better shape in NEO, inclusive of private clubs. The layout is tremendous and your line from the tee box is a challenge. #1 is a gettable par 5 and #9 is an absolute bear - makes for a very interesting 9 hole match. Similarly, the much tougher back 9 starts off with gettable par 5s on 10 and 18. Holes 13-16 are a real challenge, best to take your medicine and don't ruin your round. The greens were in great condition though of average speed (not bad, just not lightning). Got through the round in 4 hours, however it was just two of us and we were out early. Didn't see a beverage cart once...not sure if due to the holiday or not. If it weren't for the far east location, I'd spend WAY too much time and money here!

"Poor Customer Service"

rrhnr's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

The six of us scheduled two tee-times at Boulder Creek secured with a credit card. When we arrived and checked in we were told there were no tee times for us and the times we had were assigned to someone else. The six of us drove an hour just to get there. We were told they MAY be able to squeeze our group in a couple hours which was not acceptable to our group. The worst part was the rudeness of the person behind the counter. All he kept saying was I can only go by what I see, next in line please. Basically his attitude was not my problem so move on. I understand stuff happens but the unprofessional manner in which this was handled is unacceptable. We did not need to be treated that way. An apology and maybe a discount card for our inconvenience would have gone a long way. We were told by someone else behind the counter that they would look in what had happened and email us an explanation and some kind of compensation, it has been a month and nothing yet.

"Very Slow Play!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

First time playing the golf course. Was told the layout and conditions were great and they were. We saw the beverage cart about eight times. Unfortunately we cheat off right around noon and didn't finish until 5:30. Five and a half hours for golf is way too long. Never saw a ranger once. I probably will play the course again when I'm in the area, but we'll be prepared for a very long day.

"This course has great elevation changes"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/02/2017

By far the nicest public course in the area! To keep the course outstanding, a lot of areas are roped off. In a golf cart, plan on a lot of walking. Don’t bring a heavy cart bag. Instead bring a walking bag or carry multiple sticks to your ball and risk grabbing the wrong clubs.

"Longest Round I've ever played .. in 50+ years of playing golf"

robinej's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017

My friends and I had been looking forward to playing Bolder Creek as we'd all seen it from the Interstate, and it looked beautiful.

After hearing ALL about pace of play from the Starter, we thought for sure we'd be asked to leave the course if we held up play. And then after about six holes played in 1 Hour and 45 minutes we saw no marshal's or staff making sure pace was moving along.

Undoubtedly the longest round I've ever played .... no marshals, no one monitoring pace of play, it was awful.

When we went in the clubhouse after our round to express our concern over pace of play, the staff basically ignored us .... very rude. If you only have 4 hours to play, DEFINITELY play some where other than Boulder Creek ... terrible golf experience.

"Favorite"

RLHorvat's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Love the course being one of my favorites. Can't wait to go back

"Beautiful, challenging, beware."

Bmcfearin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2016

Boulder is a beautiful "resort track" layout with lakes, waterfalls and fountains, elevation changes, severe moguls, and uneven lies everywhere.

They have improved the pace of play but the difficulty level mandates a 5 hour round.

I'm almost 60 years old and believe this course is too tricky and difficult with a lot of cart path only areas which create a lot of walking.

I try to take people new to the Cleveland Akron area to this beauty but low handicappers complain about severity and seniors are exhausted in hot weather.

I play client golf and was glad that Boulder finally allowed the Amex card a couple years ago. I'm a 17 hdcp and a member at a local country club where we play 18 in 3-4 hours.

"Winter rates???"

peterb73's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Got an email during week that winter rates in full effect... $35.00!<br/> Arrived at course and was quickly charged $50.... which starter claimed was "weekend winter rate".... not really a big deal I guess except that the course condition caused our twosome to lose at least a dozen balls.... if you are charging that high of a rate, you should blow some leaves off the course...

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 12/07/2015

Sir, when do you play? We have been $35 for quite some time due to such a late season and that is all week thru the weekend any time. Give us a call 330-626-2828

"Awesome Course"

Greg7803791's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2015

This is by far one of my favorite courses. The difficulty and scenery of this course exceeds nearly every other public course in the area. The layout is awesome and you really have to shape and strategize your shots.

The only complaint of the course is slow play and this is due to the difficulty of the course. There are a lot of trees, thick rough, lots of sand, and tough greens. Expect play to be 5-6 hours for a round on weekends.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"5 Star Caliber Golf Experience"

GolfBuddy342's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Average weather

I try not to give 5 stars away lightly but this is my favorite public course in the Greater Cleveland area. If I had to I could write a couple pages on Boulder Creek but that doesn't make for light reading so just believe that the course is better this year than I have ever seen it before. it is obvious the amount of work they put into Boulder and there is not another course in NE that I would even compare it to.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"challenging"

walterzjr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/28/2013

Course played long from the blues with some wetnedd on the fairways, some of the greens had a lot of unhealed ball marks, I found the course difficult and the greens speedy but it still shouldn't be a plus 5 hour round in any case, We did see the ranger out there and the bev cart several times. Great $3.50 sausage sandwich at the turn