Maroon 71 6503 yards 71.6 125
Yellow 71 4968 yards 64.5 110
Scorecard for The Campus Course at Texas A&M
Black M: 73.8/130 347 433 448 353 200 618 217 332 491 3439 550 200 530 180 457 389 394 465 404 3569 7008
Combo M: 72.7/128 347 406 427 353 180 594 195 332 430 3264 550 182 530 180 400 389 394 465 404 3494 6758
Maroon M: 71.6/125 323 406 427 333 180 594 195 311 430 3199 541 182 496 160 400 370 361 414 380 3304 6503
White M: 69.7/122 298 385 409 311 160 558 167 287 409 2984 509 167 469 140 378 351 338 392 360 3104 6088
Blue W: 67.5/116 276 364 371 291 124 540 148 271 390 2775 486 110 429 127 355 325 320 364 340 2856 5631
Yellow W: 64.5/110 239 333 317 255 113 450 132 234 362 2435 455 93 393 100 321 274 278 325 294 2533 4968

Year Built 1950
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Ralph Plummer Jeffery D. Blume (1989)

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required on the premises. Blue jeans must be presentable.

On a College Campus 13

Wet

Nice course for the money was still a little wet from all the rain

Commented On 2019-01-07T16:45:06.000+00:00

Hi, Kris. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing TAMU.

Horrible information about course

Absolutely left after 9 holes and went to our regular course after we could not figure how hole 8 layed out. No info on scorecard, no signs, had no idea where “our” green was . So we were like screw this mess .

Commented On 2019-01-07T16:53:21.000+00:00

Hello, John. Thanks for the review. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Texas A&M.

Commented On 2018-12-18T14:12:49.000+00:00

Hi! Thank you for your 5-star rating. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing TAMU!

Fun round in Aggieland

Although it’s the dead of winter and we have had a ton of rain this course was in pretty good shape with only one hole that was wet. This is a fun track to play , staff was great , carts were new and pace of play was excellent. School is out certainly helped. I would definitely recommend a round at this course Aggie or not!

Commented On 2018-12-18T14:08:53.000+00:00

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back! Thanks for choosing TAMU!

Well maintained course

Weather was great, course was not crowded and everything appeared to be in good order.

Commented On 2018-12-03T14:48:12.000+00:00

Hi, Chris. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Another great day in Aggieland!

Whoop!! Great course I’m really good condition considering the rain! Bunkers were in good condition! Fairways wonderful. Good tee boxes although some a bit small. Being our first time to play here, a course map would have been much appreciated. That’s probably the only negative we have. All in all it was a great way to end our trip to Aggieland!! This definitely helped in trying to brainwash our golfer son! gig ‘em!

Commented On 2018-11-12T14:08:56.000+00:00

Hello, Shari. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. Thank you for the 5 stars and the great feedback! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back! Thank you for playing TA&MU.

Commented On 2018-11-05T18:45:51.000+00:00

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 09/21/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for play Texas A&M.

Repeat review

The course is holding up under the hot Texas summer...102* today. Played with three "old Aggies" today. Bogey/double bogey golfers but we had a great time. Greens a little slow due to them being aeriated & sanded previous day. Should be in fine shape in 10 days. Two issues... #12 fairway has a irrigation leak...ball plugs 75-100 yds from the green...seems to always have a water leak on that hole every time I play. And only one water can on the whole course...between #4 tee box & # 17 tee box.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 09/12/2018:
Hi, Mike. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

In great shape!

Course was in great shape despite the Texas heat!! Keep up the good work greenskeeper.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/27/2018:
Hello, Ronnie. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

First time playing this course, beautiful and well maintained. Texas A&M provides a great atmosphere for playing and to meet great people.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/17/2018:
Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon!

Excellent course

This is the best public course in the area. Greens are in fantastic shape. Our foursome did not get thru 9 holes due to lightning. I would definitely make this course a must play.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/11/2018:
Hi nevetskled, we appreciate the kind comments about your round! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your day with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

AJGA players need to respect others playing behind them

We got behind a teen who, with his mother, were preparing for an upcoming AJGA tournament. On a few holes, and as I and my playing partners waited to play our approach shots to the green, he stood on the green and recorded in his player’s book what I presume were aspects of the green. On other holes he would practice shots from the rough adjacent to the green. These kids and their parents need to be more courteous of those waiting behind them. Practice on your own time and not others’. The sooner you understand to be respectful of other golfers, the better off you will be in reaching your goal of turning pro.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/10/2018:
Hi allergydoc, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear about the slow pace of play during your round because of the AJGA player. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Great condition.

Great condition and challenging in the right places.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/08/2018:
Hi Chuck1958, we appreciate the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Course better than ever!

This course has always been good, but recently its been fantastic. a little busy but pace of play is kept up by course officials. The greens are playing very fast. They were at 10.2 on the day i played. A fairly tough course at the back tees but manageable for beginners at the front tees.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 07/08/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again for another round soon!

Fun

Always windy. Plenty of roll. Playable for many handicaps. Greens should be healed soon. A good short game will be rewarded.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 06/20/2018:
Hi czig31, thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Course needs a better layout, signs.

I understand the course is on a college campus but course is very very tight as far as holes being beside one another, the scorecard has no layout of the holes and for someone who had never played here before I got lost on 3 separate occasions at this course, the course is very poorly marked and flags on holes have no numbers. There were at least 4 separate times as well I was looking into the distance for the hole and saw 2 or 3 different flags and didn’t know which one I was supposed to be going for. I played by myself and completed my round in 2.5 hours though. Overall course is in pretty good shape, they just need to do a better just marking the course.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 06/20/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry that the signage on the course wasn't clear for you. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.
Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 06/06/2018:
Hi garrettc16, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear it was 5-stars. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M!

Brazos County #1

Public courses are more fun, always been ... even in Hawaii on vacation. It's the ambiance & the people met.

Was very grateful for the new membership deals @ TAMU that brought me back home to my favorite course since grad.school in the 70's. Both courses had/have wonderful personalities and encourage golf play. This is located most central to all in Brazos Co.

Contrary to reviews of slow play, my rebuttal is hahaha since renewed member March 2018 and 2-3/week experiences here. Slow play on Saturdays or afternoon Sundays will be found anywhere in the county since Bryan Muni closed! The rest of the time, better not dautle or allow others through + Rangers grease the friction for best play for all.

Course improvements are going on everywhere daily, on top of the course makeover that brought top drawer greens, perfect sand bunkers, grass every place your ball might land unintentionally. Whatever you find lacking today compared to other venues, may soon be installed, so come back often.

Staff everywhere is a pleasure from student/experts in clubhouse to maintenance that stops during your play!! to anyone taking care of all things, wish to make your experiences memorable.

Thanks to the kindness of others, I have played every course sans Miramount in Brazos & Grimes counties. If given a free pass to one of them, TAMU Campus Course would be my choice, hands down.

Certainly all the others have a wonderful forte of their own, to each their preference. Pricing, experienced top managers, food/drink, exclusivity, senior groups, hit-away & long-ball designs, etc. I find here as well or becoming or competitive rapidly.

Trump card: None hold as many memories as this one "being home" again.

Finally, with my seasonal, wildly fluctuating handicap, I rated this course extremely challenging NOT because of poor maintenance you find elsewhere, NOT ala the Ko'olau Golf Club jungle but because you can make it as you wish by simply choosing a more challenging tee box and get a different viewpoint of play - same course.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 06/04/2018:
Hi tgiv, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! We're happy to hear you enjoy the course so much and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Course was in good shape and the ball rolled well on the greens. Lots of sand traps! Enjoyed the round and would definitely play here again when in the area.

Response from The Golf Club at Texas A&M on 06/01/2018:
Hi RustyFrank, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019