The Golf Club at Texas A&M

Year Built 1950
Architect Ralph Plummer Jeffery D. Blume (1989)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required on the premises. Blue jeans must be presentable.

On a College Campus 13

Warm Day in Aggieland

Kind of a quiet Tuesday afternoon at the GCoTAM. Warm weather and fast pace on the course. The Greens had been punched and sanded I guess a few days ago but managed to roll quite well to my surprise.. Also signs of fertilizer on the tee boxes which is good. There are always signs of improvements on the course. The carts were clean and sanitized. All in all a great day even if it was hot.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Much improved

Looks like all the rain we’ve had recently has done world of good for course. Some bare spots have filled in. There is still quite a few that need attention. Look like someone finally did some maintenance on the bunkers. I could hit out of them without breaking my wrist in a liner. Layout is fun and looks like maintenance is trying now. I think it is coming around nicely. Keep it up. At least the course is now in shape that driving an hr and a half is worth the trip. Greens were punched but still rolled smooth but just a little slow.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

course closed for rain

We got in 9 holes and asked for a "Rain Check". The course said call you, but you do not answer calls. Your instructions for cancelling a round or getting a refund do not match options on your site. How in the Heck am I supposed to know if you are going to act on a cancellation? I would appreciate a refund for half the amount. By the time you call the course no one will know what happened today. Make the phone instructions match what you have on the website.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello, Bob. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We were sorry to sear about the issue you had with cancellation. Please contact our General Manager, John Saffle at john@golfclubtamu.com to discuss this issue further, and thank you for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Very firm conditions

The course played very firm today. Greens were quick and accepted well hit shots. Hope for some rain to slow the fairways. Good to see the green staff working on the bunkers today and working on the range area as well.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @TheGolfClubatTexasAM thanks you!

Great Shape

This is my local course but I am very very happy with condition of the course right now! Greens are very quick true and are fantastic to putt on. Fairways are in the best condition they’ve ever been in too!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, Morgan. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Fast, firm and fair

Course played very firm, but the set up was fair to all levels. Greens were in good shape with nice speed

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Enjoyable Course.

Love playing the course and under the circumstances they did an excellent job accommodating the players. It was very hot and windy, but still playing golf there was great!

Commented on 05/04/2020

Great course condition

The gold course was in great condition today. Fairways were well maintained and the greens were receptive and had good speed. It was nice to see the green staff out laying sod in an area of need on 18!

Commented on 04/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

The course is good and other than few patches here and there in the fairways. The greens are firm and quick enough, they are coming back from the aeration but still great.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Vegesina. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

I love playing this course!

Once again the course was in great shape and was a blast to play with friends.

Keep up the great work!!

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hello, Craig. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We appreciate you leaving us a review and 5-star rating. It's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

04/05/20

Was looking for an open golf course & was dang glad to find these folks open. I always like it here, fairways were a little thin BUT the greens were great.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @TheGolfClubatTexasAM thanks you!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Glad I was able to get out

The golf course played firm and fast today. Greens were firm, so I had to adjust my approaches. Great speed. I am glad to see that the staff is working to grow in grass in some thin areas as well.

The staff in the pro shop was welcoming and I watched the cart being sanitized. Great work!

Commented on 04/03/2020

Good walk

Course is in great shape. Social distancing is required and appreciated. Staff is wonderful and keep things running smoothly. Course offers challenges and rewards a good shot. Hope to return soon. Fore!

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you for your kind words! It's important to us that you and our staff are safe during your round, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

My home courses near Austin have shut down for the 'virus'. My brother was in town so we decided to play the course. I was the first time since 1979 that I played here. The course is so much better than it was in the original form. We were paired with a great pair of golfers. The course was generally good for a mid-March date. The greens were fair given that they were top dressed the morning we played. The only criticism I have is the decision to remove water from the course.

Commented on 03/18/2020

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you again soon @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

NO DRINKING WATER

Course is in good shape. Greens were just sanded/fertilized and were slower than normal. Pace of play was reasonable...3 hrs, 50 min. Twosome following a foursome. NO DRINKING WATER on the course. Drain netting for sand traps is showing in several sand traps.

Commented on 03/18/2020

Hi, Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Good time at A&M

First round at A&M course. Had a very good time. Greens are in great shape. They are slow but very challenging. The pace of play was fast but not rushed. Will play many more rounds in the future.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Disappointed for A&M standards

For years I wanted to play the course while my daughter went to school there. I watched the renovations but never had the time to play. So I made the two hour trip to play. I realize it is Feb so I have no problem with the dormant grass, but there were bear spots all over the course which really made course a disappointment for the green fees. I play some municipal courses in Houston that are nicer for half the price. Greens were in good shape, I found speeds to be inconsistent. Staff was okay, when checking I asked if I could walk but was told not on weekends. Got to first tee and watched a guy walking off, which sort of aggravated me. Asked staff after and was told only members could walk. Staff member should told me that when I asked first time. BTW, it was the same staff. Agree with others, driving range balls every on holes running beside range. Nets?? I would say I expected more from A&M. Now I can say I have played the course.

Commented on 02/15/2020

They really should let people walk on weekends. I’ve seen many times they will let out a fivesome to hold up the whole course on a weekend morning but they won’t let a single walk. Makes no sense. The greens are outstanding. I’ve played this course over a dozen times and I’ve never hit it in a bare spot even though they are everywhere. The bare spots should not be in play if you’re a descent player with any control over the golf ball.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 02/05/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Drew. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round, and thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Needs more work

It looks like the maintenance crew has been doing some work. The rye rough is coming up so at least there is some green to contrast the brown dormant Bermuda. The fairways on a few holes need serious attention. Especially 18.There is a lot of dirt no grass on the fairways. Course looks like it gets a lot of play. Of all the times I’ve played this course today was the slowest the greens have been. An estimated 8 on the stemp. Greens still have some invasive broad leaf grass mixed with the primary. They are In much better Condition then the last time we played. The 9th 10th and 18th have range ball all over them. I would think nets to protect the patrons from getting hit by range balls while playing those holes would be a great idea. Clubhouse, and dining facilities was empty. Only one poor girl working. The driving range looks like they could have filmed Tin Cup there. The chipping green looks like some grass is trying to grow. The practice putting green is by far the best practice area of all. The layout is good but can be confusing to a newbie. The carts are by far the best kept things on the course. The absolute worst part of playing this course is not the condition of the fairways and rough. It’s the bunkers that have liner mixed with a little sand. Injury waiting to happen. Just take your ball out. No penalty and avoid the trip to ER. Getting to the course is easy. Parking not so much. You have to tape a permit on your windshield if you want your car to be there when you’re done playing. I still say it’s a great hackers course. Perfect for the 4 some that was in front of us hitting 8 balls per hole. Starter said they would wave us through if we caught them. After catching them 36 times they finally yielded the last 4 holes. Long day at the office. A 5.5 hr round on a weekday is something I’ve yet to experience anywhere else, except here. I ask myself why do I tolerate the drive to play these conditions every time I play here. The answer is always the same. Glutton for punishment. Thankfully the lord made me a hacker and not one of the poor collegiate players. I so hope the golf team doesn’t play tournaments here. If you’re a hacker in and or around A&M by all means this course is perfect for you to.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. @TheGolfClubatTexasAM thanks you!

Commented on 04/29/2020

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020