The Golf Club at Texas A&M

Year Built 1950
Architect Ralph Plummer Jeffery D. Blume (1989)

Single Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirts are required on the premises. Blue jeans must be presentable.

On a College Campus 13

My home courses near Austin have shut down for the 'virus'. My brother was in town so we decided to play the course. I was the first time since 1979 that I played here. The course is so much better than it was in the original form. We were paired with a great pair of golfers. The course was generally good for a mid-March date. The greens were fair given that they were top dressed the morning we played. The only criticism I have is the decision to remove water from the course.

Commented on 03/18/2020

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you again soon @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

NO DRINKING WATER

Course is in good shape. Greens were just sanded/fertilized and were slower than normal. Pace of play was reasonable...3 hrs, 50 min. Twosome following a foursome. NO DRINKING WATER on the course. Drain netting for sand traps is showing in several sand traps.

Commented on 03/18/2020

Hi, Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Good time at A&M

First round at A&M course. Had a very good time. Greens are in great shape. They are slow but very challenging. The pace of play was fast but not rushed. Will play many more rounds in the future.

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Disappointed for A&M standards

For years I wanted to play the course while my daughter went to school there. I watched the renovations but never had the time to play. So I made the two hour trip to play. I realize it is Feb so I have no problem with the dormant grass, but there were bear spots all over the course which really made course a disappointment for the green fees. I play some municipal courses in Houston that are nicer for half the price. Greens were in good shape, I found speeds to be inconsistent. Staff was okay, when checking I asked if I could walk but was told not on weekends. Got to first tee and watched a guy walking off, which sort of aggravated me. Asked staff after and was told only members could walk. Staff member should told me that when I asked first time. BTW, it was the same staff. Agree with others, driving range balls every on holes running beside range. Nets?? I would say I expected more from A&M. Now I can say I have played the course.

Commented on 02/15/2020

They really should let people walk on weekends. I’ve seen many times they will let out a fivesome to hold up the whole course on a weekend morning but they won’t let a single walk. Makes no sense. The greens are outstanding. I’ve played this course over a dozen times and I’ve never hit it in a bare spot even though they are everywhere. The bare spots should not be in play if you’re a descent player with any control over the golf ball.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 02/05/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Drew. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round, and thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Needs more work

It looks like the maintenance crew has been doing some work. The rye rough is coming up so at least there is some green to contrast the brown dormant Bermuda. The fairways on a few holes need serious attention. Especially 18.There is a lot of dirt no grass on the fairways. Course looks like it gets a lot of play. Of all the times I’ve played this course today was the slowest the greens have been. An estimated 8 on the stemp. Greens still have some invasive broad leaf grass mixed with the primary. They are In much better Condition then the last time we played. The 9th 10th and 18th have range ball all over them. I would think nets to protect the patrons from getting hit by range balls while playing those holes would be a great idea. Clubhouse, and dining facilities was empty. Only one poor girl working. The driving range looks like they could have filmed Tin Cup there. The chipping green looks like some grass is trying to grow. The practice putting green is by far the best practice area of all. The layout is good but can be confusing to a newbie. The carts are by far the best kept things on the course. The absolute worst part of playing this course is not the condition of the fairways and rough. It’s the bunkers that have liner mixed with a little sand. Injury waiting to happen. Just take your ball out. No penalty and avoid the trip to ER. Getting to the course is easy. Parking not so much. You have to tape a permit on your windshield if you want your car to be there when you’re done playing. I still say it’s a great hackers course. Perfect for the 4 some that was in front of us hitting 8 balls per hole. Starter said they would wave us through if we caught them. After catching them 36 times they finally yielded the last 4 holes. Long day at the office. A 5.5 hr round on a weekday is something I’ve yet to experience anywhere else, except here. I ask myself why do I tolerate the drive to play these conditions every time I play here. The answer is always the same. Glutton for punishment. Thankfully the lord made me a hacker and not one of the poor collegiate players. I so hope the golf team doesn’t play tournaments here. If you’re a hacker in and or around A&M by all means this course is perfect for you to.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. @TheGolfClubatTexasAM thanks you!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great course for regular golfers

Not such a great collegiate course though. Bunkers are the biggest issue. All of them and there are a lot are in need of serious repair. There an injury waiting to happen. Fairways are splotchy with dormant Bermuda and dirt. Greens are well used. No one repairs their ball marks so bumpy. Little slow with all the resent rains. Tee boxes same as greens. No one repairs their divots. It is a fun layout for every day hacks. I say if you’re in college station give it a try. The carts are fabulous.

Commented on 01/30/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Poor Aggies

From the looks of the course the dormant grass needs more water. It was brittle and basically turned to dust when you hit it with a club. This being a collegiate course it gets a lot of traffic and it shows more now in winter then when I played it last summer. The routing of the course is not bad but can confuse newbies. You know your definitely in Aggie land when you have to clean the group ahead of you tobacco off the green in front of the hole to putt out. On the back 9 we paired up with a single behind us to maintain the slow pace of play. Greens were punched and bumpy. Fairways and rough dormant Bermuda. If you’re familiar with Bermuda grass it can get splotchy. The fairway cut is such a tight lie you have to play your ball as if it is on hard pan. There are bare spots on every fairway. The biggest issue on the course is the bunkers. In every bunker the spun liner was in clumps with little to no sand on top. I came down on one and thought broke my club and wrist. My advice take relief out of the bunkers and save the injury. The staff is extremely nice. The women are cute and the men old and burley. Like every small Texas town. The 19 hole is more like a cafeteria setting and the adjacent clubhouse looks to be reminiscent of a throwback mom and pop golf shop from the 50’s. Carts are very nice with nicely cushion seats. The range looks like a west Texas dirt patch. I hope this is not the golf teams practice course. I do know this is supposed to be our (Texans) agricultural school of excellence. This course does not display or represent the standards Aggies say they pride themselves on. It does give UT a great recruiting tool. However it is the perfect place for hackers to go and wack out a round of golf to decompress from finals. I don’t see why Houston residents would want to drive up here to play. There’s plenty of cow pasture golf courses in the area that don’t require a 3.5 hr round trip.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Commented on 12/18/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Commented on 12/16/2019

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Lots of fun and exciting play

The course was in great condition considering we had rain two days ago. I enjoyed playing and look forward to playing again soon.

Commented on 12/16/2019

Hi, Craig. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Another weekend

Great little course, played it 3 times now and still get lost on 4-8-17. Good holes, the wind is a factor as are the bunkers

Commented on 11/06/2019

Fun Round at A&M Course

Course was in very nice shape for early fall with the small exception the greens had been recently punched.
The putting was not affected too bad by the small punched greens but the rest of the course was in good shape.
Would highly recommend a round here.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 5 stars. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule, and keeping them in pristine condition. We will let the entire crew know their hard work is paying off. Please come back soon for another 5-star experience at The Golf Club at Texas A&M.

Worth the trip

We drove up from Katy, this morning to play. Never seen so many singles playing, but I get it. It never slowed us up. It has a very interesting layout & at first glance wasn't thinking it was going to be much of a challenge. WERE WE WRONG! They were the best greens, we have played in a while. Greens were FAST and true. Well worth the drive and the Monday special was even better. Highly recommend, going back!

Commented on 10/08/2019

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great place to play, very friendly staff!

Great place to play, very friendly staff! Would recommend to all level of players. :)

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hello, Craig. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you at TAMU. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Commented on 10/04/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Ronnie. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM!

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, Keenan. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Golf Club at Texas A&M. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Excellent university course

The course was well maintained and the greens were fast but pure. Excellent overall experience!
Got to mention the carts...very comfy seats with a nice Aggie touch.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @TheGolfClubatTexasAM.

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.