Type Municipal

Year Built 1972
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Jep Wille (1972)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Hills of Cove Junior Golf Academy "

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Pleasant

People are cordial.
Course is in good shape for winter play

Great afternoon golf in December

Great fall back golf course to play on a Sunday after church. If you need to up your confidence, this is a course for you.

Great course, nice staff and great deal with lunch being including with game. The course is challenging but does need slight bit more upgrading. The greens have come a long way. I would reccomend this course for a fun and lazy golf day.

I would say that the front 9 is absolutely horrible. It's a goat pasture...however the back nine is very good. Looks like 2 different courses. I would suggest playing the back 9 twice.

Wow!!! What an Improvement

This course has definitely improved in the last year since my first time playing it. Last year, the fairways were hard and the greens were sandy, patchy and herendous. I said I'd never play there again. A friend talked me into coming back and WOW what a difference. I think I'm going back tomorrow.

The greens were beautiful and rolled true. There were a couple that still had some small sandy patches but I can live with that. The fairways were soft and my clubs were taking beautiful divots (the 3 times that I actually made good contact, lol). The roughs were a bit thick which required an extra club to reach the required length for the next shot. We tee'd off early in the morning so the thickness and wetness didn't help but it was a great time to be out.

It was a fun layout. The front nine was wide open and forgiving. The back nine was more challenging with elevated greens particularly on the par 3s. Ball placement is a must on some of the holes or you´ll be out of position or the ball could roll from inside the cart path to outside the cart path. It´s not a long course so driver is not needed on all tee boxes particularly on the back nine where some of the fairways tighten up.

The staff was very friendly and so are the multiple members that are out playing.

This course went from a ¨Never playing again¨to a ¨Must play course¨in less than a year.

Hills of Cove

Course layout is nice and tight between holes but very easy to play. It does offer a few blind greens with a variety of elevation changes but nice and wide fairways. The condition of the course was not very good. Almost had to use a hammer to get tees in the ground because the course was so dry. The fairways were horrendous to hit irons off of. Ground was so hard it made getting blades under the ball very difficult. If you carry a hybrid just use that and you'll be fine. Overall it wasn't bad for the cost associated with playing.

Excellent Value - Good layout

I like this course. The greens are usually in very good shape. They have just been aerated/sanded, but still rolled well. Some challenging Par 3s. The blue tees make the course more difficult on 5-6 holes, but not much different on the remainder. One Par 4 (Hole 5 I think) is 420yd (blue tee) and is downhill, but every time I have played there has been a 20-30 mph wind right in my face. I really like the layout - several holes where the green is protected with a stream running in front. Several holes with elevation changes - 2 of the Par 3 holes have an elevated tee, one has an elevated green. Several greens have undulation and/or tiers. It is a muni course so there are a good number of beginners, making it slow, but the staff seemed fine with us skipping around to keep from getting stuck. I am happy to see new golfers, so this does not bother me as long as I can jump around the course. Good course - Great Value.

Terrible greens

Greens were terrible. Most of them were really bad, some were decent. Deffinatley would not consider playing the course again untill the greens are in way better shape.

Nice Course

Had a great time pace was a little slow but I was playing alone so that could have been why

Course needs work

Excellent topography. Beautiful hills, scenic Nice piece of land, has potential to be one of the most beautiful courses in the Centex, if only they would put some quality work in to it The greens are not good, terrible Fairways are not in great shape. Good course to learn the game and to take beginners .

The Deal of the Weekend

I played this course because of the great deal I got on www.golfnow.com, it wasn't the greatest course but what can you expect for $10.00 and that included a cart. I would and will play this course again. The group I was with and I had a good time.

Nice time

Had a great time playing this course, I recommend you and check it out.

Fairways in desperate need of attention!

Course was fair at best...there were weeds everywhere! Hit it just to right or left of the fairway and GOOD LUCK FINDING YOUR BALL! The greens were in decent shape I suppose, but Hole 18 needs a facelift! Would I play it again? Probably not, and especially not for what they are trying to charge! $25 for 18 and $21 for 9 holes! Really Cove? SMH...

The Hills

This course would be very fun for a muni if the greens did not look like old brown carpet. The holes actually have some fun shots but are completely overshadowed by the shape of the greens. No cart girl, the facilities had an odor that made you stay away... While I would like to go back sometime in the future - hopefully the city will get the course back in good shape.

Good for what it is.

Hills of Cove is a low cost course with some grounds keeping issues, but it's a good time. It's the closest course to Fort Hood ( the courses on post are extremely expensive, especially for an Army course), so I can pop in after work and play 18 before dark. Some of the greens do have sand spots, but except for 18 they're small enough you can avoid them, just get better at approach shots.

Plenty of elevation changes

Enjoyable round. If they can get the greens better, it would be a good place to play. Locals are friendly and courteous, staff helpful. Challenging course when the wind blows.

Beautiful Hills

The Hills of Cove showed well yesterday. The weather was perfect, the course was well groomed, and the greens were in good condition. Its been 6 months since I played here last time and this was the best experience at this location. My wife came along and drove the cart for me. She had a great time and commented on the scenic beauty.

Texas Wind and Poor Shots

It was a cloudy day with some stiff wind when we played. The course was in winter mode and the fairways and greens were in need of moisture and tending. The course was good for us as we are not beginners, we just play like that. The main reason we keep playing is that we make some good shots and get excited! Making a par thrills us! We had a great time on the course and enjoyed the scenery around this area (we are from Arizona). Overall, it was a good day of golf fo rus.

Golf at Cove

Keep working on your greens they are getting better but still need work.

Great deal for the price

I have been golfing at the Hills of Cove for the past 3 years and have a 15 handicap. The course has vastly improved, and continues to do so. If you have not golfed here in the past 6 months then you have not seen the huge improvements made to the greens. Having said that this particular round of golf was on Presidents day and the wind was bowing super hard which is why I gave the course a rating of "Somewhat Challenging, under ideal weather conditions the course plays moderate. The only negitive would be that the course has no sand traps to testa players skillsout of the bunker. Overall nice round of golf.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.