Year Built 1946
Architect Warren Cantrell

Great course, great staff!

This course is a local favorite of mine. I make it out to this track a few times a year at least and this last outing was on par. It can be very challenging but is definitely fun, with a few wildly undulating greens. Trees line most of the fairways but it is still a relatively open course with high risk, high reward tee shots. Fairways are decent, the greens roll nicely but it is a bit patchy on certain greens and marked where necessary. They have new carts, awesome staff and the members are welcoming.

River Hills

Course was ok. Greens were in very good shape but the fairways were not well maintained.

very nice course

friendly staff course was well kept, kind of busy and short on carts but overall very good day

Great course.

Greens are green but pin locations were as if we were playing in a Masters tournament.

Not recommended

First off the course is way over priced for the condition it's in. Only time I ever play it is with the discount from GolfNow. Showed up at 930 to play. There was a large group ahead so we got permission to start on the back 9. On hole 16 at about 1040 we were heckled by the course marshal for starting on the back 9. He made us go directly to the first tee box with out finishing the back to start due to the "lunch bunch" starting at noon. He was rude and made it seem as if the group of old men that play every day "lunch bunch" were more important than any other player on the course. The way I look at it is we all pay green fees we should all get treated the same. The condition of the course is terrible. Nasty greens, weeds over grown throughout the course, and bare patches all around. Would not recommend to any one unless you get a cheap deal.

Pleasant round

Course was in good shape, greens a little firm, fairways were great.

Overall good course to enjoy

River Hills Country Club

Some greens were rough but for the most part, this course is in good condition! I highly recommend to play this course! Management employees were very friendly, professional and welcoming!!

Our round

Enjoyed very much! Nice layout and challenging g from the tips. Would have liked the fairways to have been a Lil more lush, but greens were excellent. Bunkers could use some work. Overall though, a good round.

Disappointed

I've played this course many times, this was the fist time in last couple of years. I'm very disappointed that the greens have gotten so bad and fairways weren't cut for the weekend. Thanks so much for Golf Now cause I would never pay the original price to play there. Also people were skipping holes and jumping around instead of waiting. I played behind a twosome and they didn't care for others and were playing two balls each and didn't have any consideration for the ones behind them and didn't care that they were holding others up. I left after 9 holes. Once I got to #10 it was backed up at least 3 or 4 groups!

This course has great features

It was a nice course. Layout is kinda odd but once you get started it kind of makes sense. Played early luckily because by the time we made the turn, the parking lot was packed.

River Hills

I personally really enjoy this course. It's one of my favorites in my area.

The scenery was beautiful, but the grass was patchy and a variety of lengths. The greens looked like they weren't totally seeded. I know it's Winter, but I haven't seen conditions like this on any other course I have played in the Corpus Christi area.

River Hills Country Club

Great course layout. Many challenging tee shots offer benefits to those who can both fade and draw the ball. Most greens are fast, especially down hill. Some greens are noticeably slower though, so take your time to study them all. Fairways are far from "plush". It isn't that the fairways don't have grass, for the most part they do. However, you have to pick the ball cleanly, because the grass is thin and the dirt is clay underneath.

Hidden Gem

I have played here several times and really enjoy the layout. Great view from #14 green. The greens were in excellent shape, a bit slow, but very plush and true.

Good value

This course used to be a premier facility in the area. Unfortunately it has declined over time. The greens are in nice condition, however the fairways are bad. Restrooms on the course need attention. Water hazards are dried up. It is a good course for the price through Golfnow, but I would never pay the higher rates. The carts are in very good condition and the proshop is very nice as well. A couple of the municipal courses in corpus Christi are in much better condition than this one. It is very unfortunate.

Good layout, poorly maintained

Nice rolling hills northwest of Corpus Christi. The big issue is the conditions of fairways. Weedy, not cut.

Worst maintained course i have ever played

I played the coursa
e arly in am the only grass cutting being done was one worker using a weed wacker. When grass was mowed it was so long it left clumps all over the course

Not good at all

This course was in very poor shape. I played it regularly in the late 90's and it has definitely gone down hill. The fairways and rough were not distinguishable and the hard pan was everywhere. I had seen on the local news that a new pro took over River Hills and the course was returning to its former glory. The news was wrong. The only reason to play this course is if one of the "Hot Deals" on golfnow.com is available and even a $10, a person might feel that they were ripped off. Terrible track...

The course definitely has a lot of potential as the layout is fun. It just needs some serious TLC.

River Hills vacation

We were in Corpus Christi area, and saw this course on Golfnow web page, so we thought we would give it a try. Beautiful course, just did not know that greens had been recently aerated......I know it is a necessary evil. We had a great time loved the layout. Now when you approach no. 11 green, take a look at the house on the left that is for sale............Has tape on broken window. We did not do that! We will play there again.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020