Rusted Rail Golf Course, located about half hour or so southeast of Dallas, has a new name and a new look. Formerly known as Creekview Golf Course, the facility was purchased in July 2017, then renamed and renovated. Reopened in August 2018, Rusted Rail unveiled what is essentially a new golf course with renovations on its 36 bunkers, new Champion Bermuda greens, a new irrigation system and vastly improved conditions, including new cart paths and restroom facilities. Designed by Dick Phelps in 1995, the course can play from around 5,800 yards to more than 7,200 yards. The layout features mature oaks lining many of the holes with elevated greens and mounding. The course also has a stream running through the middle of it as well as ponds that come into play on about a half dozen holes. Additionally, the clubhouse has been completely remodeled and expanded to around 17,000 square feet.

Rusted Rail Golf Course

Year Built 1995
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Champions Bermuda Grass
Architect Dick Phelps (1995)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #1)

Lost better

I use to golf at this course when it was under another name and management. The course back then was terrible but used it to better my game. When you can play well on a bad course you will play better on a some what decent course.

Nicely redone

I have played this course twice in the last two months, they have done a nice job of maintaining the course and remodeling the clubhouse! Would play this course again.

Rail Yes!!

I play the Rail on a regular basis and it gets better and better. Fairways are very good and the greens are good a little bit of sprouting here and there. They still roll well. I love the course!!!

Great time.

Went to Dallas from San Antonio to visit son and play some golf. I picked this course be cause it was out of the metropolitan area and had good reviews and pricing. We loved our time there. Loved the layout. Very forgiving but still had to play good shots to score well which we did. Will play the tips next time. Yes next time because it was fun. Great condition and could be a very special course once they do some upgrades. All in all a fun course.

Rusted Rail “Rail Yes “

Been playing this course since it opened back up. It keeps getting better and better. I love it and the staff is wonderful. The local tour I play in just had a tournament there and the members liked it. Giving it a thumbs up! Great place to play!

Greatly improved

The course was in very good condition. From what I can tell they have made a ton of improvements. Tee boxes Andy fairways were in great shape, the bunkers were raked and fluffy. A couple greens were a bit rough, but not terrible. You can tell the new owners are really trying improve this course I’ll definitely be back.

Great

Excellent course for the money. The greens were in great shape.

Fun to play

This was my first time to play here and on Memorial Day to boot. Fairways were well mowed just a little bumpy in places. Greens were slow and rough patches in places, so hard to get a true roll. I would recommend and will be back for sure.

One of my favorite courses

I play here often and the course keeps getting better and better. This will be a top notch golf course by summer

Rusted Rail a source of pride for Crandall, Texas

Although this was the first time I've ever played Rusted Rail, I was told by the folks I played with that the course is night and day from what it was just a couple of years ago. That's because the new owners, since purchasing the course in 2017, have made great efforts to improve every aspect of the operation, creating what is essentially a centerpiece for this bedroom community located just south of Dallas.

It starts in the clubhouse, where each guest is warmly greeted. There are terrific meeting, banquet and wedding facilities (there's even separate rooms for brides and grooms) and a solid food and beverage operation as well.

As for the course, which was renamed two years ago to reflect the railroad heritage of Crandall, Texas, it continues to improve each day. The new owners spent upwards of $1 million on new drainage, bunkers, cart paths and improving the fairways and greens to create a golf course that's fun, playable and a pretty good test, especially if you play the back tees at more than 7,000 yards. Each hole is different, with a nice variety of par 3s and par 5s, culminating with a terrific uphill finishing par-4 by the clubhouse. Rusted Rail has become a source of pride for Crandall, and it should get better and better in time.

Work on progress

Winter conditions with bare greens, but you can see a fun course on its way. Would play again.

Greens need work

Greens are in really bad shape. I’ve played this course prior to it becoming Rusted Rail. Appears their investment emphasis is on the Event center and not the golf course conditions.

Looking to try somewhere new

We were looking to try somewhere new, we found Rusted Rail just 30 minutes away so we decided to give it a try. The course was in great shape, well maintained, I’d didn’t end up in any bunkers however my playing partners did, they say it was the softest bunker they ever played from. That’s saying something about bunkers in Texas in the middle of June. The staff was very friendly as well. We will definitely play Rusted Rail again

Great Survivor

Played this course about 2 years ago and it was one of the worst courses I had ever played. You can tell that the owners now want to give you a good course for the money. My son was playing with me on this round and thought that it was a good setup and fair course. Really had great time and enjoyed the round very much, I will be visiting this course again to keep seeing the continuing improvements. Nice job on saving a good course!!!

Good golf with great people

The Rusted Rail is a great course with a great staff.

Grand Opening for the Rusted Rail GC

Staff is superb! The course is very good, the greens are good and they are still working to make them better. I think the course will just continue to get better and better.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020