2.6

Year Built 1970
Greens Champions Bermuda

Only when it's dry

Played Saturday AM, a couple days after rain
Pros:
Decent greens, not too busy, sharp dog-legs good for practicing draws/fades/lay-ups, affordable $, on course bathrooms, cart girl.
Cons: Water retention- Super Soggy! both times I've been, hog ruts, no 150yd center fairway markers, some rough/underwater cart paths.
Overall not a bad experience, but I don't think I'll make the drive back until it's good and dry.

Strohsfan

Course in good shape for this time of year
Never saw anyone in front us or behind us played at 8am

Preparation for round

Great round just range balls were $10 for a bucket of 30 balls.

HOGS WILD

Greens are starting to show decline & they’re fairly new. Course layout is fun to play. Cart path surface needs some repair. Hog damage is evident on almost every hole, but 18 (island). The hogs need to be liquidated!

Still not good

I have waited to replay hearing greens have been redone but they were still in poor condition and some were suffering from erosion. Obviously they do not have a good greenskeeper. These “new” greens will not survive. For the value, it’s good to come and play and hack around but don’t expect good greens. I won’t be returning anytime soon.

Nice Course

Course in good shape. Greens are new and a little slow, but playable.

Sloppy New Greens

The new greens looked great, until we got on them & saw they had standing water from late morning sprinklers. Seems like a timer would be a good idea & 2am would be a better time to soak the greens. Course was good other than that. Drink cart girl was very visible.

Commented on 08/20/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take this feedback seriously. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Did Not Play

After receiving tee time conformation, a notice was sent that greens were currently under repair. Temporary greens were in play. Thanks for the none disclosure. Did not play.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We take this feedback seriously. Please contact us at info@stonebridgenewport.com to continue this conversation to see what we can do to earn your business back.

The golf course

It's a shame the greens are no good but I really like the course
Just waiting for the greens to be good again to play
Watching the reviews

Getting worse

We really like the layout of this course but, every time we play seems like the course gets worse. They finally redoing the greens, they placed temporary greens in front of the original greens. Which I understand but they could have made the attempt today to clear off the temporary greens. We played around 2 pm and with the rains yesterday they had plenty of time to have someone try and clean the temporary greens of rubbish. Fairways needed mowed as well. I know we only paid $13 to play but not worth playing for that much

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We take your opinion seriously and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please feel free reach out to us at info@stonebridgenewport.com if you would like to continue this conversation.

Disappointed at GolfNow

Golf Now is a sinking vessel. Customer Service, refunds and advertising is horrible. This course is under repairs, all 18 holes or being redone. Makeshift greens are set up on the fairways. Tee boxes and fairways were not well taken care off, due to the maintenance been concentrated on the greens. GolfNow has been advised many times by Golf Pro that the greens are been redone, but they don't advertise till the end when making final purchase on a little disclosure. Five holes was I able to play and decided to get a refund. But knowing GolfNow they don't give back money refunds only codes that need 3 days advance notice and after 12:00 pm. The Golf Pro was able to give me a Courtesy Raincheck round good for a year. Greens will be ready for July 4th weekend. Word of advise to the Course Management. Breakaway from GolfNow, don't renew contract. You save more without GolfNow.

Did not play due to Temporary Greens

Very disappointed in Golf Now for not flagging in more obvious ways that the course had temporary greens. Golf Now should have a pop up window or red border around the link to the course, notifying purchaser when they have selected a course that is under repair, have sanded greens, or part of the course closed. Ended up going to a different course. I would like Golf Now to refund me.

No Greens

Arrived at course only to find that all greens were unavailable and that all holes were being play with temporary greens. Course personnel assured me that GolfNow had been notified and that the online and app sites noted the course conditions. In fact, neither site noted this and I was stuck paying to pay the cost of playing a course that was a waste of my time.

Worst golf course I’ve ever seen

First off the course had temporary greens on every hole. It was obvious that because they didn’t have greens to take care of they gave up on the entire course. You could literally lose your ball on the fairway. 25% of the course was flooded because they water the mud spots that were supposed to be the greens and it drains over the what were supposed to be temp greens. I’ve never seen a course that you pay for as bad as this. We would have been better suited to go to a local park and just hit the ball around. I would never come back and play here again. I’m also furstrated that golf now would put a course like this on their site. The least you could have done was gave us a heads up about the temp greens so we could have saved ourselves the hour drive time and money and played a better place. If I could give negative stars here I would!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and would like to continue this conversation. Please reach out to us at info@stonebridgenewport.com to continue this conversation.

renovation

If i had known that the course is under renovation I would have chosen another course. It may be late June or July before this course is playable from the greens Not good right now.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review. We greatly value your feedback. Fortunately, our greens renovation is completed and they are now in great shape! We apologize for the inconvience but hope you'll come back to play again on our new greens.

Course needs complete overhaul

18 temporary greens enough said. However tee boxes and fairways are sand, dirt and weeds. It will take a year and a lot of money to make it playable. The layout has promise.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We take customer feedback seriously and are working hard to improve the customer experience. Please reach out to us at info@stonebridgenewport.comif you would like to continue this conversation.

Commented on 04/02/2019

Hi Oearl. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 2 stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take 2-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Stonebridge.

Keeps getting better at every visit!

I like this golf course. I started playing golf with this course 4 years ago. Every time I book a round, lately it keeps getting better and better. Today the greens were a rate of 8/10. Although, the Tee boxes need some work. Today I shot my personal best in that course with a 82 with 1 lost ball into private property. Layout is great for draws and fades of the tee. Definitely recommend this course.

Commented on 03/13/2019

Hi, Ricardo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4-stars! We are proud to be the course that introduced you to the wonderful game of golf. Congratulations on achieving your personal best score! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for choosing @StonebridgeNGC.

#GolfLife
#GolfTravel
#GolfFriends
#BeautifulGolfCourses

excellent greens

greens and bunkers were the best I've ever seen them, thanks

Commented on 02/27/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for the 4-star review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @StonebridgeNGC.

#GolfTravel
#GolfLife
#GolfFriends
#BeautifulGolfCourses

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.