Type Public/Municipal

Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001) Bruce Borland

Carts Yes - $10

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Splendor

I have played beautiful courses before but this has them all beat. Prettier than the US Open courses that I have played or visited. Mountain beauty on a impeccable track.

Great round today

Enjoyed my first golf round at Breckenridge Golf Club!! Highly recommend if in the area! Perfect conditions today tee to green. Spectacular views!! Can’t wait to play again soon!!

Overpriced

You can have almost an identical experience at Pole Creek for 40-50 bucks less. This course is nice but to me all you are really paying higher prices for is the Nicklaus design. Play somewhere else, particularly if you are local and go to the mountains to play regularly at all.

The staff is a joke

From the cart barn to the "pro" inside, these folks clearly just want your money.

The golf is good, but they really ruin the atmosphere before you step foot on the first tee.

Not a classy operation to say the least.

Our playing partners were local, had the same opinion. They were wonderful to play with.

Great Mountain Golf

Played the Elk and the Beaver twice while on vacation. Beautiful golf course and friendly staff made for enjoyable round both times I played. Elk course is super tough, while the Beaver course is much more manageable for someone that doesn't get to play mountain golf courses very often. Greens were fair and in good shape. Fairways were in great shape as well. Price is kind of steep in my opinion, but compared to other courses in the area, you get the best value for your money. Definitely recommend playing if you are in Summit County.

Nice but rather expensive

Overall we had a good day. This is a tough course with really heavy tough. The staff was very good and helped us get in when the rain and hail hit.

The views on the Bear course are amazing!

A nice course but at $125... not cheap!

Mountain Vista

Challenging course with amazing vistas, thoroughly enjoyed the round!

Enjoyed playing this course - 27 holes. Challenging but playable. Pretty views all around.

The course opened the previous weekend for the summer, that was hard to believe based on the conditions. The greens were in great condition and fast. Certain areas, just if the fairways were still very wet from the winter melt but the actual fairways were all very playable. All in all a great experience and I cannot wait to play again and include the Elk nine!

Perfect golf day!

First time at course and decided to splurge and play the course. We did Bear and Beaver. Could not have been happier. Well laid out, great for all abilities, incredibly picturesque and I think playing at that elevation definitely raises my game. The experience was worth the price!

My favorite 9 holes in Colorado

We played this as our back 9 after playing the Bear course at Breckenridge. The views were absolutely stunning all the way around the 9 holes. The course was challenging, but fair. I played awful on the last 7 holes and it was still incredibly enjoyable.

First Taste of Colorado Golf

The Bear course at Breckenridge was fantastic. It had beautiful views and a fairly challenging layout. The course was in fantastic shape, with the greens being receptive, but very quick.

SLOW Pace of Play, Excellent track

We greatly enjoyed the Elk and Beaver courses we played. The layout is straight forward, rewarding good shots and penalizing bad. The bunkers and fairways were in really good shape for this time of year, the greens however need time to heal from the winter. Pace of Play was terrible, over 5 hours. Player's Assistants were only seen twice, not offering any assistance to remedy pace of play. The scenery is majestic. We are going to attempt to fit one more round at Breck while we are here. Hopefully, the pace of play will be better and more respecting of the game of golf.

Excellent Track but SLOW Pace of Play

We played the Elk and the Beaver. I found the Beaver to be more upfront and easier to navigate. The layout is typical Nicklaus; straight forward., rewarding good shots and penalizing bad. The course conditions were very good considering the golf season in Summit County has just begun. The fairways and bunkers were in good shape, the greens will need a few more weeks to heal. The major negative was pace of play, over 5 hours. We only saw a player's assistants twice. First time was on the third hole, she told us to expect a slow round, but there was nothing she could do because the pace had been established by a 90 cart, 180 person tournament earlier in the day. The second interface with player's assistant was when she told three totally drunk players from the tournament who felt because they had played in the event, drank their brains out during the awards ceremony, they could not jump in front of us as we made the turn. As a note, I cringe when a player's assistant (marshal) tells me there is nothing they can do about the pace of play. I marshal, on staff of 10+ High School and Junior tournaments a year, as well as on course rules for many more. If the course and marshal really want to maintain a pace of play respectful to the game, the can and will.

Wow

Beautiful, great layout with lots of variety, challenging, great condition every time I play.

Pricey course with perfect views

I played this course while on vacation in Breck this past week. I waited until twilight because it was $85 with a cart vs $125-135, plus I needed to rent clubs so it was going to be expensive. For my wife and me to rent play twilight and rent clubs it was about $260. The course was great. Super challenging. A lot of dog legs and blind shots, but then one par 4 that was reachable from the tee box so it tempts you to go for it. Greens were in amazing shape. Bent grass, so soft you sank in when you walked on them and could easily stop your shot on the green, but were very quick putting. They were awesome! Fairways were soft, but a little patchy. I don't know if that's the normal or if they were working on it. Either way it was fun and challenging. If I lived in Breck, I would get a punch card and go back, but I can't afford $85-135/round regularly.

Challenging but beautiful

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete our round due to a heavy hailstorm!

A slice of paradise

This course and surrounding area are beautiful. The course is very challenging for less experienced golfers like me but still lots of fun and challenging for more experienced golfers like my husband. The course sits in an amazing Valley with 360° views that can't describes. It's is truly a slice of paradise.

Dillon, Colorado