Keeton Park Golf Course

Blue (W) 72 6511 yards 76.0 146
Gold 70 5722 yards
Scorecard for Keeton Park Golf Course
Black M: 72.9/124 390 171 563 382 344 561 402 172 405 3390 382 177 362 500 164 440 420 410 513 3368 6758
Blue M: 71.2/121 361 147 556 369 321 521 375 156 344 3150 343 156 357 481 145 419 389 387 463 3140 6290
White M: 69.6/117 330 135 477 343 296 490 366 141 315 2893 321 149 330 468 130 402 361 331 440 2932 5825
Red W: 63.8/107 260 103 392 284 260 417 272 127 236 2351 272 124 274 394 94 312 293 277 367 2407 4758

Year Built 1978
Architect Dave Bennett (1978)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Tony Martinez School of Golf"

A Slice Of Home

Have to first give the caveat that my dad was the head pro here for 20+ years and I grew up playing golf there. Fast forward 15 years later and the gawdy purple yellow and red paint still stands. While there have been some improvements over the years, the course still remains in great shape. It’s sad to see how sketchy the area has become, but if you’re there for the golf you won’t be disappointed. The staff when I went was some young kids and weren’t exactly welcoming. While I get twilight gets asst pros and lower level pro shop staff, they were pretty lacking a personality. Not rude, but not nice either.

Welcome to the Dance Floor

If I want to walk a course, I usually play Keeton - nice and flat. I was very surprised by the condition of the greens; they were really good. They received an approach shot very well and rolled very smooth. BUT, really slow. The fairways are in good shape too. Can't tell you about the bunkers - which are few - because I managed to avoid the beach views. The tee boxes were also in good shape. To score decently on Keeton, just hit it straight. Long is not required.

Dallas Advisor

Great Municipal Course

I have to say that the City of Dallas does a great job with their municipal golf courses and Keeton Park is no exception. We played very early on a Saturday and still had little to no wait throughout the round. The greens were in great shape for a Texas summer and overall the course was very green. This was my first time playing and I really enjoyed the round. It is a fairly easy course and I can imagine even easier if you know the track. It seems like it would be a great course for all skill levels and very reasonably priced. It also had a foot golf course which I found to be a pretty cool feature.

Needs some work

I enjoyed the course, but there are some areas that need work. The front 9 had more issues than the back. Actually, I would limit the "issue" holes to the first 6 - after that, it was decent.

I look forward to playing it again.

Filthy20
Commented On 05/15/2017

Played the course again on Sunday (5/15/17). Greens were better than last week.

Liking this course more and more. Very easy walk, for those who like walking.

4/5 stars!

Splish Spash - This Aint No Bath

I have played Keeton numerous times and never been

impressed. Today I was impressed. Even with the rain,

the fairways and greens were in good shape. There was water standing in some of the areas alright. It was out of play if you hit the fairway. I don't remember that being true on other wet outings at Keeton. The greens were extremely smooth and held a good approach shot. I was amazed that the bunkers were not filled with water. In fact, there was adequate sand and they were all raked. But thank God I only had to hit out of one of them. My only real complaint was that the some of the tee boxes were a bit chewed up. All in all, especially given the wet and windy conditions, it was a great day.

Greatest Value in Dallas

Keeton is a really fun course to play for all levels, because it has a ton of risk reward opportunities. The course is not overly long (6600 Blue, 6800 Blacks), but as you go back on the tee boxes the angles change on you. You can opt to hit driver 14 times if you want, but you better be accurate and be able to work it left, right, up, and down. If you can pull of the shot...you are left with wedges and short irons into the greens which many of are tiered and play very small. I use this strategy when I play there because, You MUST! get the ball close to the hole to make putts, because the greens are not always in the best shape.

Fun Muni in Great Shape

This is a fun muni in Dallas in great shape at a good price ($18 walking on weekday, add $15 for a cart). First time playing here and had a blast. Tony, Brent and the club staff are very engaged and friendly. Course is in very good condition and greens were in great shape (no spots or sand that I saw).. It's not long from the men's tees (6,300# but the fairways can be tight and the layout is challenging. My biggest mistake was putting a driver and 3W in the bag. Next time, I'll probably ditch the driver and bring a longer hybrid or 5W. A lot of the tee shots lend themselves very well to a 215-230 yard tee shot and I didn't have that in the bag, so I usually went with a 200 yard hybrid which usually left me with 130 - 170 shots into the greens. The doglegs, narrow fairways and trees are what keeps you from being able to open things up. I hit driver or 3W off of maybe 6 tees combined and probably could have left either at home. The course is challenging and in great shape right now. Greens are true. Marshals were there to keep pace. There's plenty of water to keep things humid but it doesn't come into play a ton. Bunkers were in decent shape but wet from yesterday's rain. Downsides were: no beverage cart #90+ degrees in the morning and humid# and a 5 some that I got caught behind late in the round #but in fairness, they let me tee off on 10 and I caught them on 5#. The clubhouse is dated and small, but serves the purpose of getting a drink. It has plenty of nice TVs. I'll definitely go back. I'd rank Keeton Park on the Dallas muni scale in line with Cedar Crest. Better than Tenison Highlands, about the same as Stevens Park #but Keeton is cheaper). Luna Vista doesn't even qualify for the conversation.

Dallas Advisor

Nice Muni

Course was overall in good shape. Still pumping out water from flooding. Greens in great shape, will play here again.

great course

always enjoyed this course very nice and we have always had such a great time

Dallas, Texas