1 reviews

Year Built 1924
Greens 328 Tiff
Architect Ralph Plummer

Not bad for the price

Played Saturday morning after a little guy rain. It's our second time playing and really enjoy this course. After reading the below reviews I was just expecting a rude staff all around. Both times we've been everyone has been great.

The course doe have a lot of hazards but for a slicer like me, taking a little off the swing kept me in play most of the time. The pace of play is pretty fast with folks in front/behind you most of the round. We really enjoy the amount of par 4 and 5's. After playing Stevens Park, this was a pleasant surprised.

I'll will absolutely be back.

Unprofessional Staff

If I could rate Tenison Park less than 1 star I would. My rating has nothing to do with the course itself. Both the Highland and Glen courses are decent tracks, and courses any level of golfer can enjoy. My review comes from a recent experience I had with a group of colleagues from work during a golf outing. Never in our time playing golf and playing many courses have we ever been treated with the disrespect we experienced from some of the staff at Tenison Park.

First off the woman who was the course attendant was mean, rude, contemptuous and simply a poor choice of staff to put in place on a course to be selling drinks and snacks on to people. She was quite possibly the poorest example of a customer service representative I have ever encountered. In our first encounter with her she immediately told our group she was calling the clubhouse because we were not following the "cart path only rule" which no one in our party was informed of upon checking in that morning. Turned out there was no cart path only or 90 degree rule that day. She offered nothing to us and scoffed when no one wanted to buy anything. We were 3 holes in. We didn't need anything at that point. We encountered her again a few holes later where she proceeded to reach into one of our carts and grab a beer can from one of our party and poor it out, stating something to the effect of, "If you want to drink, buy something from us." Then proceeded to visually search our carts as she drove by each one. After that she passed us up on her next rounds, which was fine. We were not going to buy anything from her anyway after the experiences we'd had with her.

The other experience we had with course staff was on the 10th hole with the Marshall. We were a group of 8 playing as two foursomes in a four man best ball scramble and the lead group had waited for the other on the 10th green to catch up since at the turn on the Glen Course you are nowhere near the club house so most people just continue playing instead of stopping at the turn before continuing. So, there are 8 of us standing around or on the 10th green when the Marshall pulls up and without introducing himself or speaking to anyone, jumps out of his cart and proceeds to start yelling at us like we're a bunch high school kids and demands, "I want four of you to leave this hole right now and move on to the next! Right now! No course in America will allow a group of 8 to play together!" He never gave us a chance to explain what was going on, he just drove up and acted completely unprofessional and down right tried to intimidate us with his language and actions. After unsuccessfully trying to explain the situation to him, (he didn't care what we had to say anyway), we complied with his request and moved on.

Up to that point we had been having a great time, but after the encounter with the Marshall it pretty much ruined the day for most of us. We played through and I went in the clubhouse to speak to the manager when we finished, which there wasn't one. I told the guys at the desk about our experience and that we would not be back but I don't think they really cared.

Good course for beginners

The Glen can be good and bad, just depends on the time of the year. i played it today because the sister course was full. The Glen gets less attention than the Highland and the pace of place can be very fast, I have played through the week in less that 3 hours riding. This course starts out with 2 par 5's in a row. The second one is very tight with water to the right. Take my word, don't go for it in two unless your really good. Most of the par 3's have water you have to fly. This is also a very tight course, shot making is the key for a good score. sometimes they let the rough get high and just finding your ball can be hard. they course have tons of trees on both sides or a creek on one side on more than half the holes. If I were a beginner I would start on this course, it will make you hit the ball straight or it's going to be a long day for you, so take a lot of balls with you.

Good course for beginner-intermediate

They have 2 courses at Tenison Park. Tenison Glen is the worste of the 2, but not horrible. Don't play right after it rains. Hole 4 will be completely submerged. It's a good course to play with your friends that enjoy the drinking more than the golfing.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Mesquite, Texas

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.
3501 Samuel Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75223, Dallas County