2.4

Year Built 2005
Fairways Blue
Greens Bent
Golf Season May 16th - October 31st
Architect Arnold Palmer (2005)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Washington (2017 #15) (2014 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2014 #24)

Group Getaways 11

This was my first time to play the Prospector course and despite the positive reviews I was a little apprehensive due to it being a Palmer course. I was really surprised. I found the fairways had plenty of width and the trees, though the lined the fairways were really background scenery and only came into play after really errant shots. The night before saw a ton of rain dropped on the course but the greens showed no effect and only low spots on the fairway were problem areas that needed to be avoided with the carts. The greens were actually really firm and almost would show divots. The only negative to course condition would be some of the greens seem to have issues with fungus and maybe suffered from a hard winter. We had beautiful weather for 16 holes and then a thunderstorm rolled in over the mountains. We finished before the heavy rain started by there was a little electricity in the atmosphere. With regards to the weather while we waited on the shuttle back to the lodge my wife overheard on of the staff ask if they should sound the weather alert to which on the staff members replied, "They're out there. They can see it." Not good.

Nice course..fix the traps

Liked the course a lot. I'm a 16 and found the course pretty challenging for me. My only complaint is the sand? traps....some were rock hard, some had minimal sand over the rock hard, and some were like real sand traps. Had I been good enuf to stay out of the traps, I would have rated it much higher.

Consistently Poor Pace of Play

Beautiful course with some of the worst pace of play consistently. Well known for the entitled vacation golfer who doesn't let anyone pass. 5h 20m round in the wind. Greens were very slow with random speeds based on heavy sanding. Lost all momentum waiting behind a 4-some starting on hole 3. Found out they were having a group outing playing stroke play, with 20+ handicappers. Stroke play!... no string, no best drive... Saw this hacker hit 6 balls in the water on 4 from the drop then proceeded to play the rest of the hole. The Marshal was on 4 watching this and was the last time we saw him. We came to 18 and the whole group of 30 in this tournament (Never mentioned to us by the starter/staff) decided to sit by the bunkers on 18 and drunkenly yell as we were finishing. No Marshal present. Just more of the same pace of play neglect I've experienced before. Don't put "under 4 hour round" and print us checkpoint times if you aren't going to enforce them. Also... Irons only range sign? Can't pay 10 bucks more a day to have the range picker grab the deep balls which have to be hit ~300+. Plan for 5+ hours a round. Play if you can hit some odd hours and especially not holiday weekends. Prospector is not a bucket list course with how they currently treat the player experience.

sanded greens?

It was a great experience with several memorable holes except that for some reason the greens were sanded even though they are closing in 2 weeks. Didn't think it was right for them to charge the full rate with the greens in that condition.
Other than that it was a good round, challenging, good views and a bit of wildlife around and signs of even more animals if you know what I mean.

Poor weather

Beautiful course

It was too wet and rainy to give a review. The greens held up well for the amount of moisture.

Good Job Arnold Palmer

The Prospector Course at Suncadia is a very well designed Woodland course cut right out of the forest. Very mature tall trees line the fairways so you need to keep it in the groove! However even the tree lines are well maintained so if your ball does go astray a little you might be able to find it. Going to be better play in the summer months. Truly a first class experience even down to a Valet to clean your clubs for you at the end of your round. Very wonderful experience and well worth the full rate. Can't wait to experience the Roperider course.

Pretty as the picture

Course condition was excellent. Very light play given the season. Pull out the driver & swing away, fairways are very forgiving.

Resort golf in the ponderosa pine forest

Well conditioned resort course located in a mature ponderosa plane forest. By resort course I mean a course that is playable by all levels. The fairways are wide enough for all and the greens are bunkered to challenge the proficient.

THE BEST

This was the second time I've played there, Rope Rider is the best course in Washington I play often and all over, it is simply beautiful, well worth the trip.

course in great conition

fast play and course in great conition and great price on golfnow

I dig the prospector

Great location to stay and play. Great course condition. The short rough sets your ball up for a good whack and the fluffy bunkers almost throw the ball out to fast greens.

beautiful!

Rope Rider is a beautiful course. Many holes can be challenging with the numerous, well placed bunkers. Green can be challenging.

An enjoyable course with plenty of challenges and risk/reward opportunities

This couse is beautiful, well maintained and challenging without being over the top in difficulty. Some really fun holes, like the par-4 #10 with a tee box high above the fairway (and a distracting view from up there). Proshop staff was friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed my afternoon here and would definitely return.

Course was amazing!! Was in excellent condition very challenging..also had amazing views with great customer service..looking forward to my next visit

Prospector

Enjoyed the day. We will be back. The greens were slower than expected. Winter and the deer must be hard on them.

Roper Rider

I always enjoy playing this course. The course is excellent and the staff are friendly and inviting. Any chance I get I will play this course.

Golfnow price is the only way to play expensive course

Rope rider is beautifully manicured and staff is friendliest...I like that Marshalls our out letting you know how groups in front are pacing. But golfnow is the best value. You shouldn't have spend over 100 for these suncadia courses. The hotel was pricey enough.

Rope Rider

The course was in excellent condition. I was not. I will go back to see if it was me beating myself up or the course beating me up.

Beautiful course

This is a very scenic mountain course. No. 10 has a great view and visually was my most challenging tee shot. The pace of play was a tad slow. I wish the driving range had better marked distances but I may have missed the sign. I really enjoyed the layout and you couldn't always just yank out the driver for all tee shots not par 3.

Request A Vacation Quote From Destination Hotels
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Destination Hotels will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Roslyn, Washington