Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse

Well-maintained scenic course

While I've given this course and overall rating of 5 out of 5, it's probably a 4.5 out of 5. It's a beautiful layout with great use of nature. Holes are a mix of challenging and straightforward with none gimmicky. Greens were fantastic both in smoothness and contours. Fairways were mostly good but with bare patches here and there. Bunkers were well-maintained with nice fluffy sand. Course markings and on course directions were good. Black flags were used on some holes and was problematic. With many of the greens against a wooded background, it was very difficult to see the flags when black. We thought at first that the flag colors indicated pin position, but could not see any correlation. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Nice course, bumpy greens

This course has a great layout and elevation changes. The greens were still bumpy from recent aeration. Surprised they have bent grass this far south. Clubhouse is small and closed now due to COVID. Only get down here from Charlotte a couple of times per year, wish it was closer. Will be back.

Bumpy Greens

Greens were recently aerated and very bumping. someone should have notified us prior to playing. disappointed!!

Commented on 10/22/2020

Hello, u821173095. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 10/22/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Value is best around

This course is outstanding and the value vs other courses is top notch. Greens were a little rough, but they had been punched recently. Pick the right tees, because some holes play longer than card.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Edgewater Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u855091334! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Fix your ball marks

This was my first time playing this course. The staff was very friendly and offered advice on how to play the course which I found to be helpful. The tee boxes and fairways were in decent shape.
My only negative to the course was that previous players did not repair their ball marks on the greens. That’s just common courtesy and golf etiquette. The greens themselves were in great shape with the exception of the ball marks.
I would definitely recommend this course to anyone, and I find the layout to be challenging.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for your review, u000004781447. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Edgewater Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A Good Time Golfing!

Joined two guys who also had signed on with Golf Now. Real gentlemen and fun to play with. I would say all things were great, but golfers don't do a good job of repairing ball marks on greens or replacing or filling divots. I am a perpetual advanced beginner ,but have fun golfing!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi ArthurLightbody. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Edgewater Golf Club!

Enjoyable Day

I took my Dad who is visiting us from out of state. Beautiful course in good shape. Get value.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u346851373. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Repair your debit

Repair your debit, because the greens were in bad shape.
The course layout was great but they were craters all over the green because a bad ball repair

Commented on 10/01/2020

Commented on 10/01/2020

As always course and staff do a excellent job.Enjoyed the round.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Greens in bad shape

The greens are in the worst shape they have been in, in the last 4 years. Bare spots in fairway. That have not been fixed in 4 years.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Good course for the money

Tees and fairways were in good shape. It was a busy Saturday but Greens rolled good and my group fixed several ball marks that were not ours. Bunkers had fresh white sand (don’t tell anyone but I just played the Covid rules and pulled my ball out of them lol). Bag service was friendly and for their weekend rates we could not complain

Bad greens

I’ve played here several times and the course is usually great. Not today.! Greens are in bad condition large patches of bare spots in most of the greens. Greens seem to have been watered a lot and have a fungus. It will be a while before I go back.

Commented on 09/09/2020

nice layout and tee boxes, rough greens

the greens were in surprisingly rough shape compared to the rest of the course. . the fairway grass was pretty high compared to alot of fairways i have played. But rest of course and layout were good

Commented on 09/01/2020

Grrens need work

Great course with excellent layout. I played the gold tees so you have it hit good drives to score. Tee boxes, fairways and sand traps where in great shape. The course needs to provide plastic divot tools to the players because it appears nobody can afford them. Even with all the divots marks, the greens rolled true. A few greens need more grass around the edges.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hello, u057598018. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Falls, South Carolina