Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Bar, Snacks

Clubhouse

As always course and staff do a excellent job.Enjoyed the round.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Edgewater Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Greens in bad shape

The greens are in the worst shape they have been in, in the last 4 years. Bare spots in fairway. That have not been fixed in 4 years.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Good course for the money

Tees and fairways were in good shape. It was a busy Saturday but Greens rolled good and my group fixed several ball marks that were not ours. Bunkers had fresh white sand (don’t tell anyone but I just played the Covid rules and pulled my ball out of them lol). Bag service was friendly and for their weekend rates we could not complain

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Bad greens

I’ve played here several times and the course is usually great. Not today.! Greens are in bad condition large patches of bare spots in most of the greens. Greens seem to have been watered a lot and have a fungus. It will be a while before I go back.

Commented on 09/09/2020

nice layout and tee boxes, rough greens

the greens were in surprisingly rough shape compared to the rest of the course. . the fairway grass was pretty high compared to alot of fairways i have played. But rest of course and layout were good

Grrens need work

Great course with excellent layout. I played the gold tees so you have it hit good drives to score. Tee boxes, fairways and sand traps where in great shape. The course needs to provide plastic divot tools to the players because it appears nobody can afford them. Even with all the divots marks, the greens rolled true. A few greens need more grass around the edges.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hello, u057598018. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Greens are bad/ Range Balls are terrible

35 dirty ranges balls 10 had cracks in them 25 of them had no dimples. Greens are terrible.

Going down hill fast

This course has been one of my favorite places to play over the last 4 years but after what I’ve witnessed today, I cannot say that any longer. The greens are in horrendous shape, overgrown areas abound, and the staff are not so friendly anymore. Sad to witness this happen you what was once a pleasurable experience.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Highly Recommend this course

One of the top ranked courses in SC.
Played this on a Friday morning and was impressed overall.
The tee boxes and fairway's were in excellent shape.
Several of the greens were spotty in places.

Overall it plays well with wide open fairways on most holes and not a lot of water or other hazards in the fairways.

They make good use of the bunkers and many of the greens are terraced.

I especially like the elevated greens on many of the holes and all of the Par 3 holes were set up nicely.

They use the motorized Yamaha gas carts which I'm not a fan of.

The staff is great, they have someone meet you at your car with the cart and put your bag on the cart for you.

They have a starter, Bob, who is a real nice guy.

I would recommend the course and plan to play again.
It's in a remote area and a bit of drive but that also means it's not overcrowded.

A senior @ $34.00 for 18 holes and riding, it's a great value.

They are following the COVID guidelines and have closed the Pro Shop & restaurant.
You check in and pay at an outside window.

They have a driving range and a small putting green.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jondouglaslastra! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Guy behind the window

I have played this course over 20 times and have received the military discount every time this guy no discount which I can get over, it is what it is but then question my attire. I would have left at this point but I drove an hour to get there. The course is not worth what the teatime fee is $50. The greens are beat up no one fixes Divots and the usual people that play everyday were slow in front and and my butt the whole time like I was inconvenient. Cart guys and rangers are awesome very nice and enjoyable to talk to. Fairways are beautiful tee boxes on pair threes are ok. Practice area is top notch. Hopefully the guy behind the window works on this and helps out the next veteran or law Enforcement player. I will not be wasting my time out there again

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi, andyman3069. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Edgewater Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Greens Still Bad

Been a while since aeration yet front 9 greens were still disgraceful.
Just canceled my Sunday reservation at Edgewater - so sad.
Not gonna drive an hour each way to play on unputtable greens.
Greens should be great almost a month after aeration - NOT terrible!

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hi Lewwwis! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Greens were terrible

Unfriendly greeting. No warning that the greens were lost. Soggy conditions--bad drainage. We quit after 6.5 holes and left.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 2 stars. We take two star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop.

Edgewater

if you live in south Charlotte or Union County this course is worth the drive...very nice layout and when it's dry a great course. Very peaceful and quiet with no houses(yet*) on the course. Played from the gold tees(second furthest back) and a nice mix of challenge and score able holes. Half the greens had just been punch and I really think courses should give you a little discount when they do that...speaking of greens, seems to be a lot of un-repaired ball marks on the greens, not the courses fault but annoying.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

S-L-O-W

Cart paths only today was necessary. Allowing players to hit multiple balls a hole is not necessary and given the conditions unacceptable. Course needs to do better.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hello, gschin. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great course layout

This is a beautiful course layout with challenges for all golfers skill levels. The fairways were in very good shape. The greens were good but a lot of unrepaired ball marks. Still the greens rolled true. If the greens are onLy improved Slightly this is a 5 star course. We played in the afternoon so the greens fee was onLy $35.. The best $35 course I have ever played and I am 61 years old playing a lot of golf.. Highly recommend this course.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for your review, FRZbGh9X90NQJwJtdojO. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Edgewater Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Greens were in beautiful condition

The course was great shape, the greens were in the best condition of any course I've played before, mostly I play in Ohio where I live. The course had some very challenging holes, but very enjoyable at the same time. I'll definitely be playing there again next time I'm in Lancaster, SC.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Greens are in the worst shape I have seen in the four year I have been playing here.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great Drives

The course overall was in darn good condition. The greens needed work. After nine-holes they had to waler the greens because they were so hard.
The pace of play was somewhat taxing. we had to wait on 7 different holes.
Overall we had a good experience and we will play again

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for your review, amorybrown. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Edgewater Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great value. Beautiful layout. Challenging but fair.

Will definitely play again.

Commented on 08/27/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u000005551501. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Edgewater Golf Club thanks you!

Great Falls, South Carolina