Edgewater Golf Club

Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.
Edgewater Golf Club
Navy (M) 72 6102 yards 69.2 129
Navy (W) 72 6102 yards 76.4 136
White (M) 72 5322 yards 65.3 117
Burgundy 72 4717 yards 67.1 113
Scorecard for Edgewater Golf Club
Black M: 74.7/142 377 544 432 230 467 570 419 173 301 3513 445 211 373 539 413 247 448 470 444 3590 7103
Gold M: 71.5/134 346 509 386 201 436 550 374 155 291 3248 412 189 352 506 384 231 411 429 409 3323 6571
Navy M: 69.7/129 W: 76.4/134 315 491 353 173 381 527 355 144 281 3020 389 178 317 478 348 211 370 413 378 3082 6102
White M: 65.5/119 W: 71.6/126 284 453 328 129 343 486 325 128 202 2678 322 137 278 420 316 155 330 369 317 2644 5322
Maroon M: 62.9/112 W: 67.1/113 248 429 292 90 319 414 301 111 169 2373 299 114 255 392 274 117 295 336 262 2344 4717

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2016 #12)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2016 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #22)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2017 #13) (2016 #2) (2015 #8)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2016 #38)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2016 #7) (2015 #6)

Fun course and great shape

This is 2nd time to play here. Takes a bit of time to get there but really a lot of fun. Many elevated tee shots and picture-esk greens. The course is nestled in the pine trees and not surrounded by homes. You'll have a great time.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 09/24/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Edgewater Golf Club!

Always good time at Edgewater

My son and myself love this place. Always like to go out first as twosome and never had a problem. It’s challenging but always enjoyable. The layout is purfect and landscape is beautiful.

Great day!

The course is in great shape with just a few rough spots outside the fairways. The rough is penalizing but not unfair. The greens roll true though not too fast. Pace of play was excellent except for a twosome in separate carts who thought they had the right to play through without being permitted.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hi kboone1999, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #EdgewaterGolfClub.

Great shape

Course is in great shape! Always a pleasure playing here.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #EdgewaterGolfClub!

Definitely play again

Was pleasantly surprised. The course was in great condition.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Hi susieq61162, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #EdgewaterGolfClub!

Sprinklers!!!!

This is a pretty good course. However two separate times the staff has turned the sprinklers on during our round. Soaking the greens with us standing right there in sight. I have never played anywhere where this has happened twice with a full course of players 4 o clock in the afternoon. The pro shop could've cared less and simply stated would you like the maintenance phone number. I live in this community and highly doubt ill be back there to play anymore after the cold shoulder.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/25/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear about the situation with our staff. These are not the expectations we strive for at Edgewater, and hope you reconsider returning for another round for the 5-star experience you deserve. Thanks for playing Edgewater Golf Club.

Always happy with the condition of Edgewater. Driving Range is excellent as well. Nice job grounds crew and super!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Hi Dbrewerm, we appreciate the kind comments about our course conditions and driving range. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Edgewater Golf Club!

1st time playing and will definately be back. The staff was very friendly and before I began one of the gentleman gave me pointers on a few holes where to avoid that was not visible on the tee box. Overall worth the 30 min drive to get there. Very pleased with the course.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear the 30 minute drive was worth it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #EdgewaterGolfClub.

C'mon Man!

Driving around as a single, cause the threesome I was paired with didn't want any company, I saw: jammed Jammed JAMMED but then 6 empty holes in a row?

A ranger is needed to tell slow groups to let faster players play through!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate you pointing out any pace of play issues at the course, we will definitely look into this further. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review!

Great as always!

Best layout in the charlotte area, great conditions, a blast to play!!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Hidden Gem

This course is immaculate. Great layout that is very challenging. Greens were perfect, plush fairways and tee boxes were excellent. We played on Sunday morning. Pace was a little slow for a light crowd on a Sunday morning. A ranger would have helped as one foursome slowed the whole course up. We will be back.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Out in the middle of ???. But so worth it!

First time playing Edgewater, always wanted to but knew it was a drive from Gaston county. Very worth it. Played from the gold and shot 85. Not knowing the course cost some strokes. U will not be disappointed. Thanks!!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

Always a great experience playing here. Can't beat the value for the money. NEW CARTS FINALLY! Just another reason to play here. Excellent layout. Hidden gem.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!
Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Too good for my game

Played this course when it was cold and dormant, couldn't wait to come back in warmer weather. The course is phenomenal. My game on the other hand was off. Greens are in great shape when other courses in the area are "transitional". Fairways are pristine.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially with the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

THE GOOD: Where as most courses charge stupid prices, Edgewater's golf carts ALWAYS have a FREE yardage book inside - I've seen them as high as $6 at other places!

THE BAD: Edgewater's golf carts are the ONLY ones I know of if ALL of the Carolina's that don't have sand bottles on them - how am I supposed to fill in my fairway divots?

THE UGLY: My golf game this day!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review and your honest feedback. We appreciate the compliments regarding our complimentary yardage books, we hope next time we see you that your game is up to par so that you can take on Edgewater once more. Thanks for coming out!

Fantastic course! Great conditions, very pleasant and accommodating staff! The best greens I have played on in quite a few months! Well worth the money! Can't wait to go back!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to come see us!

Beautiful and demanding

Fairways are always a bit thin it seems at the course. We play the ball up through the green if the lie is a bit too thin so no big issue here as there's plenty of grass a few inches away if you land in a thin spot. Greens are well manicured sans a few little repair spots. Par 3's here play decently long so long iron game is a must have. Overall just a great course that plays tough but fair. I always enjoy my rounds here. Staff are always pleasant. Pace of play was excellent as we were a 2some behind a 4 some and still got around in 4 hours.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018