Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Edgewater Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bermuda
Greens A1/A4 Bent
Architect Bruce Brodsky (2008)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

I Appreciate The Entire Edgewater Staff

Thank you Edgewater for providing me my golf exercise during this virus crisis.
I hope you all stay healthy and safe!

Great golf course.greens were just aerated so slow but you have to expect that this time of year. Love edgewater.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u1218156! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Awesome course

This course is fantastic. A little bit of a drive if you are coming from Charlotte area but well worth it. Large pines line the fairways on each side. Tight fairways make driving accuracy critical. A great challenge. Will definitely be back to this course.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Thank you for your kind review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Great course and friendly helpful staff!

I always enjoy playing this course. The staff is always there to help and very friendly.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

Hidden gem

While this course sits ~30-45 min outside of Charlotte, it is most certainly worth the trip.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Preferred

Playing Edgewater is always a good experience as the course remains in consistently good condition. There are closer courses, but Edgewater is worth the drive.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best course I've played in SC

Hands down the best. Friendly staff and wonderful conditions and layout. It's hidden, and it is a hike to get there from Lexington but well worth the drive

Commented on 03/31/2020

Hi! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club.

I may this course at least twice a month and its always in great shape.
The staff and all employees do a wonderful job

First timer

Staff was very friendly. Went on. Sunday beautiful day .Rates were very reasonable and not very crowded . Course was interesting to play . Nice wooded scenery

Commented on 03/16/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Edgewater Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Edgewater Challenge

Challenging course that has it all. The course teases you with the easy downhill drivable par 4. This course will use every club in your bag and requires good course Mgmt. Par 4 #3 hole is a good example, better to hit a safe drive off tee than risk missing fairway. Par 3 #4 water left, go long to back of green. The double DL par 5 #6 is nice. Get off the tee to fairway and make easy par. #15 Long par 3 downhill, aim right side green slopes left. #18 nice downhill par 4, challenge off the tee, make the fairway and uphill approach for par. From tee to green very nice layout...

Commented on 02/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, DrePar100! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

PLAY YOUR NEXT ROUND HERE!

I love this course. It's challenging, and beautiful. Nothing crazy, like blind shots or hazards you cannot get over, but a real challenge. Great value for money, and the pace of play is great. Got 18 in about 2.5 hours (granted, it was wet, and midweek). Regardless, it was cartpath only, so that added time. Staff a great, super friendly. Food is pretty good, plenty of adult beverages too. It's about an hour from Rock Hill, but worth the drive.

Commented on 02/26/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, James6470240! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Edgewater Golf Club!

Never disappoints

Course was wet but playable. What would you expect after all the rain. If you haven’t been here before give it a go, you won’t be disappointed. Best value for the buck in the nearby area. Staff is always friendly and willing to help.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Commented on 02/13/2020

Commented on 12/27/2019

Great Track

Love this course! Close to town but you feel like you’re off the beaten path. Excellent layout with several tees to choose from. Greens were very receptive with the recent rain and rolled very true. Special shout out to Chuck Little for getting me out as a single ahead of a couple of foursomes! Cannot wait to return!

Excellent Layout

Love this track! Course was a little wet from the recent rain, with a few holes being "cart path only", but really didn't feel like it was an issue at all. Greens were very receptive and rolled great. Also love the fact there aren't houses right on the edge of every hole, feels like you're miles way from civilization. I'd like to give a shout out to Chuck Little as well, very engaging and made sure I got out as a single ahead of a couple of foursomes. I finished up in less than four hours. I will recommend Edgewater and will be back soon!

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi Golfer6489. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Edgewater Golf Club!

Greens in terrible condition

The greens were all beat up from ball marks and people dragging their feet. It doesn’t look like they do any type of maintenance to the greens. I had a noon tee time so they shouldn’t have been that torn up early in the afternoon.

Very narrow fairways so you’ll need to hit good drives or you’ll end up in the woods on most tee shots.

Course has good elevation changes and fair distances

I went out solo and they paired me up with another single player and they made us ride in the same cart which is really annoying for 18 holes.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hello, gbrown412golf. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fantastic Greens

Great layout with the best greens within 100 miles. Unfortunately, green to tee is probably another 7000 yards so walking on this course is twice as long as most courses. Other than that, it's worth the drive from Charlotte or Columbia. Play this course and you won't regret it.

I love this course, its employees and the usual pace of play so much I drive an hour to get there. Unfortunately the pace was so slow today I gave up on the round mid way though.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for any delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions and staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Edgewater Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Hello, jmillardmd. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We hope to see you again soon at Edgewater Golf Club!

Great Falls, South Carolina
Kershaw, South Carolina
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Winnsboro, South Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.