Edgewater Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Navy (M) 72 6102 yards 69.2 129
Navy (W) 72 6102 yards 76.4 136
White (M) 72 5322 yards 65.3 117
Burgundy 72 4717 yards 67.1 113

Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Tough to beat"

Steencaleb11's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Fantastic course. It was great shape and was a very fun but challenging layout. Definitely worth the drive from Charlotte. Staff was fantastic and the rates are super reasonable. Overall, this is my favorite course in the greater Charlotte area.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

"Course looking good"

Zuluduck's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Course was empty so made for an easy pace of play. Course looking really good and with warmer weather will only get better

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Worth The Drive"

Doug3008077's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

I’ve always had very good experiences here. It’s definitely worth the drive. Course was in good shape. Greens are rolling smooth and are well maintained.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon. <br/>

"Very Rude"

cmjking1217's avatar
Plays:  Once a year

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

My husband wanted to take me out to try golf. We decided to do it today, Friday at 1:20. Our first tee off was a little long because it was my first time and we were a group of four (two females and two males). At the first hole we were instructed to hurry up so we moved on to the next hole and played faster. Around hole seven another guy who worked at the facility told us to hurry up again, we were at the green and the group behind us had just gotten to the tee box. We had also allowed three groups to play through so we wouldn't hold players up. Around hole eleven another employee comes by and tells us to hurry up that we are backing up people. When we started the hole no one was behind us, once again we are at the green and the other group just got to the tee. We continue at our regular speed and the group behind us never again caught up to us. We get off the course and I go to the clubhouse to speak to a manager. I was instructed that the pro just left and that this guy I was speaking with was next in command. I tell him my complaint about the rudeness and harassment felt by the staff. He apologized but made accuses. He also went as far as telling us that we should book at a not so busy time (however one of his excuses was they were busier than normal). He didn't seem to care at all. I told him I was going to leave a negative comment since he didn't seem to care. He half-heartedly asked me not to because it hurts them but that I really should come back at a less busy time. For a first golf experience that was horrible. My husband was going frequently to this course but he said he will find someplace else. It is a nice course however plan on being harassed because the facility is experiencing higher than normal traffic.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/13/2018:

We are sorry that our pace of play guidelines created dissatisfaction during your recent visit. We seek to foster a reasonable pace of play so that we can deliver a consistent experience for all our patrons.

walleye8's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

U00000562301's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

"No WOW factor"

mjgolf1000's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

I had heard so much about Edgewater therefore I guess my expectations were just a little too high. I was a little disappointed, It just didn't WOW me.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars.Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.<br/>

"Always a great course."

SethN21's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Always enjoy playing Edgewater. Wide open fairways. Interesting layout and good variety. Longer par 3s play well with some challenge. Longer par 4s along with some shorter ones. Always see good but of wildlife as well. Big Tom turkey sitting in the middle of the fairway first hole when we went to tee off.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/26/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great review regarding our course conditions and layout. The wildlife here is definitely a must see. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

John1885928's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/26/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review!

"A hidden gem in Lancaster SC!"

AvaJoey's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Had a team outing at the Edgewater golf course and have received nothing but raving reviews from everyone who attended. Great course, great staff

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/26/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We enjoyed having you at the course today, please come back and see us again soon.

"Above and beyond expectations!"

u214019562's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Edgewater Golf Club is a gorgeous, relaxing, challenging yet forgiving course to play. You can see Fishing Creek Lake from several of the holes. Just beautiful! Service is top notch, friendly and professional. Friends and I had a fantastic day. Truly better than I expected for the low price! I will come back again for sure.

"Edgewater Review"

scratch1969's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2018

This course is gorgeous! A lot of up and down holes as you play around the lake. Excellent condition for mid-March and friendly staff. Will definitely play again.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/21/2018:

<br/> Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Bucket list worthy"

matuz4u's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

Winter golf conditions still existed this day and the course had not been maintained in quite some time. The design and layout is in my top 5 in North Carolina since moving here from Arizona! Bunkers are being repaired and new sand is beginning to appear in bunkers..... because of the distance and remoteness of this golf course call first and ask for a honest description of the playing conditions..... views are great and unobstructed as no homes have been built on the golf course ... Greens are bent grass but were not cut due to weather!..... again....a great design but verify the conditions before you make the trek ....

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/08/2018:

ArthurLightbody's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/02/2018:

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate the compliments regarding the conditions of our greens, please come back and see us again soon!

"Fantastic Greens in February?"

Lewwwis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2018

I've played ten courses so far this year so I have one question - why are the greens at Edgewater ten times better than the other nine courses?

If the rest of the course was as good as the greens, I'd never play anywhere else!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 03/02/2018:

Thank you for the excellent review! We love the compliments regarding our greens, we have been working hard this off season and hope to have the rest of the course in the same conditions. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great Course and Great Value!"

Andrew1101263's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

This place has everything. A quality range, nice practice green, and a challenging yet fun layout.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/22/2018:

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to come see us!

"Excellent layout worth the trip"

ctbisagna's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

Great course that is fair and demanding. Love the fact that rarely any 2 holes are next to one another and no homes on course. Truly a gem in the wilderness. Will be back as green fees are a bargain for this type of course...

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate the kind words regarding our course layout and conditions. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Shows the effects of the season"

wsmcbrc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2018

Great layout and a very enjoyable course to play. It is currently in understandably rough shape due to the weather, and the pace of play was a bit slow (we are used to it being wide-open and fast), but what would you expect on the first sunny warm Sunday of the year? Cannot recommend this course more - especially when it bounces back after the harsh winter months.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 01/24/2018:

Thank you for the great review, we appreciate your patience as the course transitions out of the winter season. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll book your next round with us again soon.

"Another good day of golf at Edgewater"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017

Great day of golf at Edgewater. This course is one of the very best around, period.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 01/09/2018:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the feedback and are honored to be one of your favorite courses around. Please come back and see us again soon.

"Wonderful Saturday Afternoon of Golf"

fred1106's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

No crowd. Played at our own pace. Challenging but fair in very good condition.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 12/01/2017:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the great feedback and are so glad the pace of play was exceptional today. Please come back and see us again this weekend.