Edgewater Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Dress code: Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks required. Men: bermuda shorts or long pants only. Ladies: shorts, skirts, pants, or skorts. No denim.

Navy (M) 72 6102 yards 69.2 129
Navy (W) 72 6102 yards 76.4 136
White (M) 72 5322 yards 65.3 117
Burgundy 72 4717 yards 67.1 113

Edgewater Golf Club has a peaceful setting tucked away in Lancaster. The course feels completely secluded with a layout that tumbles across rolling hills covered with a blanket of matures trees. The terrain is as scenic as it is challenging, providing the layout with dramatic elevation changes and plenty of water. In addition to the natural hazards, there are numerous strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides. An abundance of wildlife also calls the golf course home, so don't be surprised if you see deer or turkeys roaming the course. One of Edgewater Golf Club's most memorable holes is the par-4 seventh. This tricky hole is a downhill dogleg left that forces you to drive right-center of the fairway, followed by a tough approach to a green that sits on the bank above Fishing Lake Creek.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

"Best in South Carolina"

mgillm1064's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2017

Best in South Carolina

What a spectacular course, cut in the woods surrounded by water. Very thoughtful and well laid out.

Response from Edgewater Tee Times on 02/22/2017:

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another round!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Fantastic course! Great conditions, very pleasant and accommodating staff! The best greens I have played on in quite a few months! Well worth the money! Can't wait to go back!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to come see us!

"Beautiful and demanding"

jandrews10's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Fairways are always a bit thin it seems at the course. We play the ball up through the green if the lie is a bit too thin so no big issue here as there's plenty of grass a few inches away if you land in a thin spot. Greens are well manicured sans a few little repair spots. Par 3's here play decently long so long iron game is a must have. Overall just a great course that plays tough but fair. I always enjoy my rounds here. Staff are always pleasant. Pace of play was excellent as we were a 2some behind a 4 some and still got around in 4 hours.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

"Great Value"

ndileo60's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Have been playing this course for a couple years, it has never disappointed. My wife also likes it a lot, it offers a great experience for all skill levels.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback and the support of Edgewater after all these years. Thanks for coming out to play with your wife, we enjoyed having you!

"235 yard par 3"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Thanks for making it easier LOL

Got a par this time using driver!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

Thank you for the review, we are glad you were able to conquer our long par 3! Nice Par!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

"250 Yard Par 3?"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Somebody had a good laugh moving the tees all the way back and the sticking the flag on the very back of the green!

My driver wound up only ten feet away - too bad my first tee shot went in the woods!

EVIL

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback regarding the long par 3. We will take a look and see if we can move the tees and flag around to be more golfer friendly. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Reminds me of home"

uBVEW1511BV's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

I moved to Aiken , SC three years ago from W Va. I have wanted to play this course ever since I read about it 10 years ago. It was a 2 hour drive; but well worth it. Kind of like a bucket list course for me. The wife and I made it a day trip. I will be back.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

"Unusually Poor Collars"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

Greens are great but you better land on them 'cause putting from the collars is pretty tough since there are plenty of weeds growing right next to the fringe of many of the putting surfaces.

I was very surprised and it did hinder my game as I only like to use my wedge when there is some fluff underneath the ball - there was none!

Another let down - I was 40 yards in front of a green in the center of the fairway and there was not one blade of grass under my ball.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

<br/> Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course is transitioning into the Summer months. Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"Bent greens!"

3jackhack's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

One of only a few public courses that have bent greens. They were in great shape! Not super fast and not a lot of undulation, but it was great putting on them. Too bad that other players didn't fix ball marks or rake bunkers (a few more rakes may induce players to make the effort). Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad you enjoyed our bent greens at Edgewater Golf Club. Thank you for coming out!

"Just a good 2nd time around"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Played the course Friday with my brother from out of town and the course did not disappoint! From the friendliness of the staff carting clubs for you to the condition as we played it was s great day.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

ou for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. We are so glad that you and your brother had such a wonderful day at Edgewater Golf Club! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Edgewater"

parker01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/20/2018

Played the blue tees...about 6100 yards..Just enjoyed the layout the views and the shape of the course. The only negative is it’s off the beaten track a bit !

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Best course in the area"

Djohnson8421's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Edgewater is an amazing golf course for the rates they charge. Course was in pristine condition and pace of play ways also great. Highly recommend.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again Mother's Day Weekend!

"Perfect Day and Perfect Course!"

Rachael85's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

We played Edgewater this morning. Full 18 holes. It was my first time playing the course, but not my husband's. We were SO impressed with the amazing condition of the course and how pristine it was! According to staff we spoke with (who were SO happy and friendly!) the course has a new Super this year who has absolutely done wonders. My husband was floored with the difference in course condition since his last time there. I used to work on a PGA tour course and this was the closest I've seen any public course in this area to the condition of that course. It played beautifully. Just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you without getting you too frustrated. And the greens were a dream. We will be back and OFTEN! Everything from the amazingly friendly and kind staff (even the maintenance crew) to the gorgeous course conditions and layout to the perfectly located range (that doesn't blind you with direct sun 2/3 of the day was perfect! They may not have all the clubhouse ammenities many courses around here have, but most of those courses don't even cone close to the course conditions, layout, and play here. And we wilk take that over a ton of ammenities all day. Thank you for the best round of golf we've had in a very ling time, Edgwater!

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Don’t miss playing this course!"

Tyler5230445's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Course was not busy at all I played by myself and only ran into 2 groups all day. Staff were very nice. Practice facility is great with chipping area and putting green. The course has a really fun layout with lots of elevated shots. Greens are excellent, fairways have a patch or two(very limited) but great for this time of year. Worth every penny for the long drive from CLT.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

<br/> Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

"I wish I could give it 6 stars!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

AMAZING! The course is such a visual treat. No two holes are the same. Lots of elevation changes. The greens are great. Absolutely fabulous place! It's four hours away from my house and we're already planning a trip back. Staff was great and really friendly. Very peaceful when out on the course, it's awesome.

"Worth the drive"

michaelmoos's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

I drove an hour to get here and it is well worth it. I live in Columbia and it was in better shape then 90% of my local course. If there is anything lacking the greens are currently slower than what I am used to. I really appreciated the course guide book that came with the cart- you'll need it.

"Good greens"

Speedrix7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Pace of place was great, didn't wait on any holes, greens were in great shape. Fairways are coming around.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

"Great Pace for a Sunday!"

Tony4110756's avatar

First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The staff made use feel welcome bring the cart to the car. The course is nice an green compare to courses I've played in the past few weeks. Having a courses layout book in the cart is a big plus. For a Sunday the pace was great didn't feel rushed at all. We will be visiting this course again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review!

"One of my favorites"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Great course with plenty of tee options to suit your game. The only knock is the clubhouse is not between the two nines, and they don't have a beer cart, even on weekends. You will not be disappointed with the course though.

Response from Edgewater Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

<br/> Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.