Style Links

Situated along the shores of the Susquehanna River, Royal Manchester Golf Club is tucked away in the rolling hills of northern York County. The course is just a few miles outside Harrisburg but the traditional links design will transport you to the seaside courses of the British Isles. Like the Old Course at St. Andrews and Royal Latham, which served as the inspiration, the golf course has an open, windswept landscape with only two bodies of water. The 15th, the longest par 3 on the course, is the only hole set among the few trees that dot the landscape. The most formidable challenge comes from the prevailing winds as well as the strategically placed bunkers. Royal Manchester Golf Club finishes with a memorable view of its signature waterfall that cascades down into a sparkling pond.

Royal Manchester Golf Links
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 2010
Golf Season Year round. High Season: April 1st - October 31st
Architect Timothy Freeland (2010)

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Raspberry Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Walking Allowed Yes, except on weekends & holidays 7-11AM

Bar

Banquet Facilities

Pennsylvania Advisor

Greens recently punched

I love this course and would rather play here than many country clubs in the area that I have played. This is my favorite course to play in Southcentral PA.
Today, I was a significantly disappointed to pay $40 for this round in the off season and we were given no warning that all the greens had been punched (aerated). I prefer core aeration anyway for best turf results. These greens were punched in very inconsistent patterns too which was interesting. It also made it unusually inconsistent to putt on for this course which it usually is very consistent in quality and speed.
This was the one place in the area among public courses where the greens were repaired by players and not so today. Very poor care shown by those players recently playing there on the greens. For Winter, tees and fairways in good shape. Greens were fuzzy and perhaps due to crowns and the root structure here over fly ash that is best to leave it a little longer. Just inconsistent. Hopefully, it turns around by April.
Also, the exchange with an employee that could not wait the 5 seconds until I tied my last sneaker before I moved my cart out of a parking space beside the vehicle we came in was irksome. This showed his age and sense of self importance over customers. There were plenty of other spaces but he had to have that one. Not impressed with his lack of consideration and patience for a customer. I will say in fairness that he was kind enough to jump start a members car right before that.
Overall, this was the worst experience here by far in the past 4-5 years of coming here. Again, I look forward to a much better environment here in early April.

Beautiful course - I can never get enough of

The only issue with this course is it’s location. It’s very difficult to get to this course,

Once you know the course. It’s a real treat to play. Especially when your long game is firing on all cylinders.
I was blessed to have 55 degree weather on December 28th 2019. Little wind and two single digit golfers to play with..

It was a thrill you experience only now and then. The course can be very hard if you keep missing the fairway .
Understandably the greens were aerated and sanded so the greens were unpredictable but the long lag putts were ok.i think this Course ranks in the top 20 for the mid-Atlantic area.

I am sure you will enjoy the experience

Top class from the ground up

I’ve never felt compelled to write reviews (something I should change), but, that being said, this place deserves it. Clubhouse is great from the exterior, with a lot of parking very close in that it’s a very short walk to your car from the cart return. I play a ton of golf, some private, some public, but in this case it’s kind of useless to use either of those words to describe the pro shop experience, they’re just the best, most professional staff I’ve ever seen really. I’ve been pretty late to hot deal tee times here twice due to traffic and an accident, but both times when I called warning about my time, the person in the shop has been really gracious and flexible. They’re not stuck up or over the top with their gem of a course, and have extremely fair prices.

The course itself is great; architecture-wise, it’s compelling, and the playing surface is really pure. Each hole is pretty unique, besides maybe for 1 and 8, but the green on 8 makes up for it. The course has an engaging flow if that makes sense, it doesn’t just beat you up three holes straight, it kind of gives you a breather. There’s a nice mix of long par 4s with short par 4s, while the par 3s are all fairly pedestrian, even from the tips, you won’t have to hit anything more than 185. The par 5s are pretty epic, they are true par 5s with a mix of penal/strategic/heroic aspects, and the teeshot on #3 alone can expose you.

Unreal course with great people running it.

1st class course

Absolutely great course even in off season. Fescue lined fairways that were thankfully mowed for the end of the season. Would be brutal in summer for my errant tee shots. Awesome practice area. Surprisingly full on a Wednesday morning in November. Greens were aerated 2 weeks prior and not grown in but they were quick and still rolled pretty true. Course is 1 1/2 hrs from home or would play more often.

Best course I’ve played in 717

I have played at dauphin played at heritage hills, both of those courses are fantastic. But this course I felt like I was at Scotland plus the down pouring rain helped it. Greens were in great condition everything was in great condition. Luckily for us we were the only ones on the course practically so it was stress free. I would recommend on laying up on this course for a lot of the wholes though it was fun but somewhat challenging. Holes placed decent enough that if your offline by 10-20 yards your still fine but if you are a beginners stay away or just come with a lot of balls because the rough is always hungry and never has a full stomach! But besides that the staff was nice let us do nine holes even though it was down pouring at times! THERE IS A REASON THIS PLACEN IS TOP TEN PUBLIC GOLF COURSES IN PA

Good Variety to Challenge

The course layout and condition were very good. There are several tees so you can choose the degree of challenge you'd like to play.

Hidden Gem

Been there 3 times. Great layout. Very good conditions each time. Just a treat, nice elevation changes, green complexes, and tee box options for all levels.

Maryland Advisor

My Favorite Course in PA

I love this course, but living 1.5 hrs away (and having to drive around the Baltimore Beltway) doesn't provide much opportunity to play. This trip was my first in 2019 and it was a perfect trip! The day was beautiful, and the course was in excellent shape! From tee box to green, it was perfect! With the recent hot weather, I've played a lot of courses in MD that have burned out and losing their fairways; however, Royal Manchester's fairways were lush and the only damage was unrepaired divots. The rough was thick and punitive, and the bunkers had nice sand (luckily, I wasn't in it much to try it out). The greens were also perfect, albeit running a little fast. As with other reviews, stay out of the tall fescue...it will add 2-3 strokes per hole. On the back nine, we slowed down a little, but still finished in 4 hrs 15 mins. And, the starter got us out about 30 mins before our tee time, which was very nice. The staff at Royal Manchester are top notch, and our server at The Grill after the round was awesome--very attentive, and good at special requests! This course is a treat...I just wish I lived closer. It remains my favorite course in PA.

Pennsylvania gem

I played this course in the winter and it was in really good condition. Returned in the summer and it was outstanding! Loved the layout and the greens are exceptional. The view of Three Mile Island is a little unnerving! Highly recommend!

Nice Course, Great Shape

This course never disappoints. Challenging but rewarding when you hit a good shot. Greens are nice and the entire course is in great shape. Driving range is awesome too!

GreatvTrack

This is my new go to. I’m originally from central Pa. Now living in Baltimore. It’s a great place to meet all of of Pa buddies. Tremendous course. Once the kitchen is up and running it will be 5 stars all around. See you soon I’m sure.

Great Links Style Course

If you want a touch of Ireland, this is a great place to start! Love this course!! Definitely worth the 2-hr one-way drive!

Beautiful Course

The course was in perfect condition. It is a very challenging course. You must keep the ball straight and avoid the tall fescue lining the fairways or your ball will be lost. It was a great round on a perfectly kept course with beautiful scenery.

Fun Layout

I've played Royal Manchester somewhere around a dozen times, and I enjoy making the trip up from MD for a mini-stay and play. Third off the tee (all singles in carts), and the pace of play was excellent. I appreciate the starter who said that 2 of us could go as singles rather than being paired together as there was space on the tee sheet to do so; no one playing at 7 AM as a single truly wants to play paired-up ... and the gentleman with whom I was to be paired played 2 balls absolutely flew around the course so that I rarely saw/waited on him! Greens were in excellent shape, rolled true, and played fast (as I like them). All that slowed pace of play was the maintenance crew mowing (fairways), blowing (greens), and spraying (tees), and I'm not sure why they didn't work backwards rather than forwards with play -- it's what we were told to do all the summers (6) I worked on the grounds crew to prevent the same players from seeing/hearing us. Bunkers were about the worst feature of the course; inconsistent and stony or un-raked depending on the bunker or hole. Love the look of something different and the challenge of having to take different clubs off the tee and to shape the ball (#4, #13, and #14 come to mind).

Love it.

Excellent links style course. Holes are well designed, with doglegs in each direction. Shorter holes have challenging elements included.

Course is in great shape!

Staff was welcoming and friendly. Pace of play was great and the course was in fabulous condition. Greens were fast and challenging. Looking forward to playing again when their pub is re-opened.

Not quite the same

This has always been a favorite track of mine, but honestly the conditioning of the course, especially the fairways, has fallen off dramatically in the past year or so. Different grasses, many unrepaired divots, bare spots, etc. It was not unusual at all to get a "should-be-winter-rules-today" lie in the fairway. Greens were, for the most part, rolling well but again, had many unhealed ball marks. Disappointing but will probably play again, likely later in the year when these issues hopefully will have improved.

Fast and Firm

We'd had a good bit of rain the night before this round and the whole week prior. I figured just as many public course's are this time of year we'd be wading through the water however, it was not to be. The fairways and greens were fast and firm and none of our balls plugged once. The only complaint I can have is that the greens were peppered with ball marks and it looked it none of the regulars feel the need to fix their own. Other than that it's great layout and challenging but score-able. Go play it.

Middletown, Pennsylvania