A view of a hole at Blue Heron Course from Ford's Colony Country Club.

Ford's Colony Country Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Dan Maples (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy at Ford's Colony Country Club"
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No blue jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts or tank tops.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 7

This is the first time playing the Blue Heron course as I have played the other two courses at Fords Colony back in March. We were not disappointed. With the extreme heat conditions the course was in immaculate condition. Marshall was coming around with cold bottle water 2-3 times during the round. Looking forward to returning to play again

Commented on 07/31/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Lots of water. Bunkers were hard.

Course was in good condition. The bunkers were a little hard. Pace of play was terrible.

Commented on 07/17/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Challenging Course

Te greens seemed a bit slow but had a fun round. They need to add sand to the traps or sift out the gravel - wasn't really bad but see how it could damage your sand wedge.

Commented on 07/14/2020

The RUDEST staff I have EVER encountered.!

GolfNow had screwed up my reservation so that there was no record of my two time except what I had on my phone which I showed the manager of the Pro Shop. He completely ignored it and was completely rude! It's been a long time since I've encountered anyone that stupid and rude at a pro shop of any kind so I would not recommend this course to anybody!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Disappointing Day

I will start by saying that the Blue Heron course was in outstanding condition and looked fantastic, as evidenced by the attached photo of hole #17. Unfortunately, that is where my positivity will end.

Things started badly when I checked in. The Director of Golf Operations (DGO) met me at the counter. I explained that I had reserved my time through GolfNow but was staying at the resort. The DGO proceeded to tell me that I made a mistake and was stuck with the Higher GolfNow rate ($80) than the much lower rate I could have gotten as a guest. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT I RECALL. Just yesterday, at Royal New Kent, I ended up paying $15 less than the GolfNow rate. I will deem that horrible customer service and unforgivable.

The starter was nice and got us off on time at 7:40 am. But, the course immediately backed up. Pace was slow from the get go. When my playing partner called the clubhouse, and presumably talked to the DGO, he was told the marshals do not start until 9:00 am. Seriously? We never saw one until close to 10:00, when were on the #8 tee box after 2 hours and 15 mins. That is horrific pace that early in the day. As the round progressed, pace did not improve. I deem the marshal, while friendly, ineffective.

The “cart girl” did not arrive on the scene until we were on the back 9. She was also friendly, but the delay was not good.

The round ended up taking 4 hours and 45 mins, and, again, we went off at 7:40 am. If the lead groups cannot do better than that, they should not be the lead groups.

In the end, I remain a fan of the Ford’s Colony Resort, to include the golf courses, but this was a disappointing day. Staff friendliness would have been better than 3 if not for the 0 I assigned to the DGO.

Great Day

This course as well as the whole experience was on the money. Felt like I was playing in a video game. Very challenging and made me hit shots most tracks don’t think about. Keep it Up....

Commented on 06/22/2020

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Staff

Golf shop personal kind of snobby! Everyone else was great!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Great grass; likable track

Lush fairways and friendly design make this a satisfying course. Greens were slow...but firm and not crazy hilly. Birdies available!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hi George. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will make sure to inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course!

Great place to play.

Played Blackheath 18 and really had a lot of fun playing. Great course layout. Every hole a little different than the last. Conditions were very good. Starter was awesome but the rest of the staff here is a bit arrogant. Seems like they just don’t need you there unless you’re a member. Golfnow screwed up tee times twice for us but it turned out just fine. Not their fault. One of the nicest courses in the Williamsburg area for sure. I’d play here every time I’m in the area.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you had an incredible time and we appreciate your feedback on our staff. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Looking good!

Played Marsh Hawk. Great service here as always. Course is looking great and there is always great scenery with the beautiful houses that surround the course but aren’t too close to make you uncomfortable. Greens are rolling great. The greens were a touch too firm and a couple of good shots were not rewarded as they did not hold the green. Will be back soon!

Commented on 04/30/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Blue Heron is tough!

Really liked the layout of the Blue Heron course, but man was it a challenge!! The greens are super tight and lightning fast. Some really challenging shots over water and then fairways in many spots.

Commented on 04/13/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Commented on 03/20/2020

First timer

Fairways rock hard. No green grass at all. Greens were ok !

Commented on 03/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 02/12/2020

A bit of a disappointment!

First of all, this is the only course anywhere around here that requires you to drop off your bag instead of driving the cart to your car. And then of course you're expected to tip even if you don't need assistance! Not to mention that one of the Bag Boys (the older one) was rude as we were leaving! Just not nearly as enjoyable as the last two times we were there!

Commented on 02/04/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Winter wonder

Played the Black Heath on a beautiful winter's day. The 18th is my favorite hole in Williamsburg. For the date, the course is in great shape, dormant, but solid.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Rudest Staff Ever!!

From the moment I walked into the golf shot without a mask on I was treated like total garbage! These arrogant staff members, not to mention the pric who yelled out of his office, need to show people a lot more respect! Then GolfNow have messed up my reservation, which has happened before but never have I been treated as if I was trying to get on the course for free or something! I ended up calling GolfNow and they called the course and got it straight but the damage was already done! I will never return to this crummy unwelcoming Golf Course!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

4.2058823529