A view of a green protected by a pond at Ford's Colony Country Club.

Ford's Colony Country Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Dan Maples (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf Academy at Ford's Colony Country Club"
Golf Simulator Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No blue jeans, cut-offs, tee shirts or tank tops.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 7

Marsh Hawk. Super marshy front. Saw no hawks on bak

Nice course layout except for severe lack of drainage on front nine of the Marsh Hawk course of Fords Colony. Cart path only. It was very spongey, wet, muddy, soggy. We frankly didn't think this course should have been open that day. The back nine was much better as far as mud and spongey fairways. The back had a lot of fun elevation changes.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Pretty course! Just over seeded and muddy! So much gumbo it pulled off your shoes if not careful. No one told us it was cartpath only until we got to the first tee!

Commented on 11/04/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Where’s the marshal?

Played a 5+!round! For a two-some, that felt like 8hrs! Every shot was a 5-7 min wait. Played behind a foursome who were obviously new to the game. No shots traveled more than 100yds, including tee shots. What made it worse, is it’s cart path only so hit 40yds, to cart, walk to ball. Hit 100 yards, walk to cart. Spoke to the marshal and he had a word with them. I expected the marshal to follow them until they pick up the pace. What a wasted day, money, and game. I wanted to ask for my money back.

Commented on 10/28/2020

IMO, most courses need to institute robust marshaling. IMO, most courses fail in this fundamental duty.

I don't know if it's a budgetary thing or if courses are reluctant to tell paying players to either speed up or get lost...but whatever the reason, they compromise the experience of 99% of the paying players in deference to the 1% who ruin it for everyone else.

Again, just my observation in general.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course!

What happened

These courses used to be good...for a while at least. The GM; Peter, shouldn’t run a used car lot let alone a country club. There hasn’t been any rain in 7 days but it’s still cart path only...disgusting. Staff in the restaurant are outstanding but the menu upstairs is trash. You are better off playing kiskiack or national, at least their drainage works. I’ve played nearly 30 rounds here this summer and I’ve seen a cart girl maybe 3-4 times....Peter is a joke and so is the way this club is being managed.

DON'T BOTHER!!

I was very happy to see that Ford's Colony was back on golf now , that was until I found out that they are only offering tee times on the Marsh Hawk course! This course is as plain and boring as any in the entire area! I wish they had never even come back to GolfNow because it's a manipular joke! Don't play it! You will regret it as it is nothing like the other two courses at Ford's Colony!

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize for any confusion regarding tee times available for our courses. All 3 courses are available to book on GolfNow. Some days our Marsh Hawk Course might be the only one available, but you can find tee times for all 3 courses online. Thank you again and we hope you'll book a round with us soon!

Commented on 10/21/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 09/24/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course and staff very friendly!

I enjoyed playing this course. It is in great shape and the staff was friendly.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Beautiful course

Played here as vacation package and this was easily the most beautiful course we played. Fun elevation changes, water comes into play on 13 holes. This was a great course from check in to leave. 100% recommend for anyone in the area.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Seventy Nine

Fairways were in good shape. Greens were soft, a little ruff in certain places due to players shoe marks. Otherwise the greens were smooth.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Blue heron

Let me just start by saying the course is beautiful, will definitely be back to play. The only negative thing was the staff. The bag drop guy gave off a typical country club attitude. Then later on, the Marshall was driving around the course as my group was on the tee box, we all had to stop what we were doing so he could pass us. After us moving the carts to side, he drive right on through without looking at us, and couldn’t be bothered to muster up a “thank you”. This may seem like not a big a deal, and I understand that we are not members, however we did pay good money, treat us with a little respect. But as I stated earlier, it’s a nice course and we will back.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Great track

Great track. Could have used a marshal to keep pace..

Commented on 08/21/2020

Commented on 08/11/2020

Really nice day

We played the Blue Heron course for the first time today and it's was really great. Tee to green the course was in super shape. If it wasn't for the pace of play on the front I would have rated all parts of the experience as excellent. Fortunately the pace improved on the back. I will certainly play it again.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Big disappointment!

We were scheduled to play Blackheath but were very disappointed having to play Marsh Hawk which was actually a waste of time. The course was not in very good condition the greens have sand all over them and we're inconsistent. We will never go back to that course at Ford's Colony

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

This is the first time playing the Blue Heron course as I have played the other two courses at Fords Colony back in March. We were not disappointed. With the extreme heat conditions the course was in immaculate condition. Marshall was coming around with cold bottle water 2-3 times during the round. Looking forward to returning to play again

Commented on 07/31/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course.

Lots of water. Bunkers were hard.

Course was in good condition. The bunkers were a little hard. Pace of play was terrible.

Commented on 07/17/2020

Challenging Course

Te greens seemed a bit slow but had a fun round. They need to add sand to the traps or sift out the gravel - wasn't really bad but see how it could damage your sand wedge.

Commented on 07/14/2020

The RUDEST staff I have EVER encountered.!

GolfNow had screwed up my reservation so that there was no record of my two time except what I had on my phone which I showed the manager of the Pro Shop. He completely ignored it and was completely rude! It's been a long time since I've encountered anyone that stupid and rude at a pro shop of any kind so I would not recommend this course to anybody!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Colony Country Club - Blue Heron Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Valid dates: Sep 01, 2020 - Feb 28, 2021