Type Private

Year Built 2004
Fairways Blue Grass/Rye Blend
Architect Tom Kite (2004) Roy Bechtol (2004) Randolph P. Russell (2004)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is required for all players.

A Great Round!

My wife and I played here while vacationing in the Reno area. We are members of a ClubCorp club at home and were able to play Somersett for cart fees: $25 each.

The course was in excellent condition - tees,. fairways, greens, and bunkers. A challenging track with lots of elevation changes and quite a few blind shots. I'll play quite a few holes differently the next time.

Our only complaint was pace of play. We were playing behind the Men's Club's Wednesday mixer and they played a 5+ hour round. I would expect members to play quicker. Must have been playing for a million dollars ;-)

We will definitely return when we are again in the Reno area.

Great Course!

This is an amazing course in the Reno Tahoe area. They are a private club, however they offer tee times with a groupon discount. For $65 the course is amazing for the value. In my opinion, the best course I've played in the Reno area. There are better courses in the Tahoe area but they will easily cost $150 plus to play. (Coyote Moon, Old Greenwood etc)
The course is in great shape. The Bent greens roll quick and true but are not unfair. The large sand white bunkers, lush green fairways and elevation change make for an interesting course layout. I've played all over the Reno Tahoe area and would suggest Somersett Golf Club to anyone visiting the area.

Great Course, Great Views, Great Condition

I've played all around the Reno/Tahoe Area. From Coyote Moon to Genoa Lakes. This course was a pleasant surprise. I bought a Groupon deal for a $60 round.
The course was in maculate condition. The greens rolled true but not overly fast. The bunkers are large and the fairways are wide. The wind and undulating greens protect this course.
The clubhouse was being built and looked close to completion. After completion I'm sure this will be a great club. I wouldn't be surprised if this course becomes fully private for members only in the future. There is enough variety to keep the course interesting for me to return.
If you are looking for a course that is aesthetically pleasing, good views, and has a good variety of holes meandering through canyons and hillsides then look no further then Somersett Country Club. If anyone asked me what courses to play in Reno, I would direct them here.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020