Black Mountain Golf & Country Club - Desert/Horizon Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Legend 72 5484 yards 65.9 107
Legend (W) 72 5484 yards 71.5 115

Editor's Note: The Desert nine was closed in 2013. Check the Black Mountain Golf & Country Club listing for the remaining 18 holes.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors walkers   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game

Zoidhog's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 06/11/2018:

Here at Black Mountain we are always looking to improve and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the condition of the course, but we do appreciate that you liked our greens. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review, and we hope to see you again soon.

glstempson's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 06/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of the greens. We can assure you our staff works tirelessly to keep the course in tip-top shape!

golfinaweek's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Just seemed like the course is getting ready to shut down. For being early in the season, the grass is dry

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 06/04/2018:

"Stay away - it's a dirt track"

tortoise1956's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

I hadn't played this course in several years, but the price was good so I thought I'd try it. Bad move...

The course is not being watered properly - even the tees were dead grass and dirt. The only bright spot were the greens - they are in great shape. However, there is almost no green grass to be found anywhere else.

Whoever owns this course is trying to cut costs everywhere. There is no real pro shop, and they don't sell new balls according to what I heard the bar and grill employee (who doubles as the prop shop guy and tee time checker) tell another golfer.

I don't see this course staying in business much longer if they don't start watering it.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 05/31/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Black Mountain Golf & Country Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Golf after the Apocalypse"

postyoats's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This was the worst course I have ever seen - and I've been to North Dakota. The entire course was dead grass except for the greens. It cost $9 but I should have given that money to a homeless man near the entrance.

I won't go back unless I become wheelchair-bound. The dead grass created a nice, smooth surface for wheels.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 05/30/2018:

On behalf of the Black Mountain Golf & Country Club staff, we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Not the best I have played"

LuckySimpson's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Price was very good, we thought. Upon arrival, we noticed the fairways were basically semi-desert. Greens were okay.

"Desert and dry"

James6540754's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

I have played this course when they had three 9 holes. It was a great course and shape was good. I go back once in a while and this place is a last resort stop if you can’t find a place to play. The staff is amazing. The course is another thing. Dead the grass is so dried out that it looks like dust flying from the cart when driving. I do believe they are closing this place so that may be the reason but it’s been this way for a while. Never really in great shape. If you pay more then 20 bucks get your money back. If closing then it’s sad to see this place go.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello James, on behalf of Black Mountain Golf & Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"they are closing"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course was dry, they will be closing it in June....

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 05/15/2018:

Hello, on behalf of the Black Mountain Golf & Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Life support golf course"

Plays:  Once every three months

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Course is dead, not sure why it’s still open, as everything is dead.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/30/2018:

"Sad times"

clayton1459526's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

It's to bad they are closing. Without water the course is nasty dry. The staff were awesome and enjoyed everything else

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country on 04/27/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Black Mountain Golf & Country Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

"Very Run Down"

MarkTacoma's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

This course has some awesome views and a decent layout. Unfortunately it’s in awful condition. Fairways nothing but dead grass. Tee boxes all dead grass and sand. Two pin flags had holes in them. No on course maintenance workers seen, which explains why in such poor condition. Another player said the course was on the verge of closing due to financial problems. I spoke with an employee who confirmed this. Saw 4 five-somes, 2 of which were in front of my wife and I. Pace so slow and condition so poor didn’t finish round. There are 4 tee boxes at each hole but score card only shows three. Very disappointed that Golf Now has this course in its inventory. Weeds everywhere and bunker sand was like concrete.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello Mark, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Black Mountain Golf & Country Club, in the Henderson, Nevada area. We are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Awful condition."

sitkabs's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

This may be the worst golf course I have ever played in terms of its condition. It is abysmal. Another player we talked to said the course is getting ready to close and so they’re doing no maintenance on it whatsoever Four instance the fairways are completely brown weeds are everywhere tea boxes are nothing but sand and dead grass and so on. I think you get the point. I am deeply disappointed that Golf now even has such a property available to play. This course has shaken my confidence in the credibility of golf now

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Black Mountain Golf & Country Club, in the Henderson, Nevada area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Don’t get lost"

matthewosburn's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

The course ain’t too bad. If could use a little more TLC. The real problem is finding your way around. I suspect the course names have changed since nothing matched my gps watch. There appears to have been three nine hole courses at one time. I know that trying to find my back nine. A sign indicates a course but when you get there it’s just winding cart paths. Wasted a lot of time wandering. Even after getting directions to the back, I missed an obscure sign and spent more time wandering. By the time I found my way, A threesome jumped in front of me. I should have expected this since a couple asked me for directions to the back nine when I arrived at the clubhouse. I had no clue then having never played there before. They should consider closing the route to the closed course, at least remove the signs leading you there and make the u-turn after the tunnel conspicuous.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/16/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Black Mountain Golf & Country Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Ramjm457500's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/10/2018:

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

"Course to close"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Basically a dust bowl, complete lack of watering. Rumor course to close this June.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Disappointed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

The driving range, tee boxes and fairways were dead grass and dirt. Greens were in poor condition also. It looks like it hasn't been watered in months. I purchased a "hot deal" and that was a total waste of money and time. I wanted to play the course in advance for the golf now deal caddy that I purchased, but am requesting a credit due to the poor conditions of this course.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Black Mountain Golf & Country Club, in the Henderson area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Black Mountain Las Vegas Review"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

Grounds were rough and dried out but greens were very nice and well maintained which made them quick . We still enjoyed our time.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 04/03/2018:

"Save your money"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Was looking for a cheap course before I had to fly home. Their fairway “grass” was non existent. $30 course at best. Their greens were nice but not receptive. Staff was nice. Wasn’t expecting much for $60 but didn’t expect to see brown fairways.

Response from Black Mountain Golf & Country Club on 03/21/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Black Mountain Golf & Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. We hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Henderson, Nevada area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Awful"

rseversole's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018

I’ve played a thousand rounds over 5 states in the past 37 years. Without a doubt this is the worst place I’ve ever played. Terrible conditions and $69 on GolfNow which is a website I trust and didn’t think they would allow such a god awful course to post tee times.