Style Links

Willows Run Golf Club has something for every golfer with two 18-hole links courses, a nine-hole, par-3 course, and a "themed" putting course that draws inspiration from courses in four different climate zones. Located in the Sammamish River Valley, there are stunning views of Mount Rainier to the south. Eagle's Talon is one of the 18-hole, championship courses. With four sets of tees, the golf course appeals to a wide range of skill levels. The links-style course is challenging but fair, with strategically placed bunkers and rough. Water also has a prominent presence, with the Sammamish River running alongside the two championship courses. The river is home to several runs of salmon and trout and it also attracts a variety of birds including ducks and blue herons.

Year Built 1994
Architect Ted Locke (1994)

Carts Yes - $15

Golf Simulator Yes

Playing Multiple Courses 8

Punched greens not advertised on GolfNow

Payed a good price to play Eagles Talon a few days before my tee time. Thought the price was just an early spring good deal. I get to the course and the younger enthusiast counter guy notified me that the greens were punches a few days ago and that was why I was getting such a good deal. I questioned why it wasn’t advertised on GolfNow and The kids attitude was immediately defensive and reflective. He implied that I should have looked on the Willows website to check before I booked. I laughed and since I drove 45 to play, I wasn’t going to leave. Horrible conditions and the counter guy irritated me off but I ended up golfing a good round.

All skill golf course

Very good overall. Greens, tee boxes and fairways above average. Great location. Good selection of tee boxes for different skills. Bunkers also above average. Design is not ridiculous and easy to play with maybe 6-7 holes having some extra difficulty.

I like to play here 5-6 times a year.

Nice course awful sand

Overall nice course layout and excellent greens. Pull your ball it off the sand though. Sand was hard as a rock and also had a ton of rocks in them. Still had some soggy fairways. Will play again but probably more in the summer.

this is a golf course with great green condition - even after the snow storm, rain etc. - thank you to the course maintenance crew who alwwaya take care of this course specially the green !

sanded green

The greens were sanded 3 or 4 days ago. A lot of sand. Why didn't you tell us. No warning sign the time I pre-paid ? If I knew, I did not play. .

Everything you want in a public course

I know this is for Eagles Talon specifically but I will use this as an opportunity to review Willows and a whole. I played both 18 hole tracks and the Par 3 nine hole and decided to join. I play pretty frequently and enjoy playing different courses, but this is home base. I’m new to the area and was very happy to find a facility like this to have as a “ home course”. At the beginning of the season the second and third cut was really high. I returned a week or two later and it was much shorter. People complained,( you were losing very in play balls) and they listened. Gotta love that. Layout wise both 18 hole tracks offer shots for any level of golfer, and the quality of the greens is great and you will find character and variation in them. Bunker placement is smart. Courses are overall very well maintained and that includes the 9 hole Par 3. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The clubhouse bar and grill offers good food and drink selection that is reasonably priced. Nice patio with music playing sitting over the 18th greens and practice green. It’s the kind of place you want to hangout at after you finish or before your round. The membership deal is reasonable and pays for itself within 3 rounds or so. Happy to have found a course to play on a regular basis that I enjoy. Try it and you’ll find the value, quality, and overall experience is great.

welll kept green

as always, the green are all well mentained ! the crew were cutting the rough and fairway - thank you

Rather pedestrian layout

Definitely a summer play golf course. Not exactly as presented, but definitely was good value for money.

The Condition of the course Does Indeed Matter

Well... it looks like both courses at Willows Run have finally made a positive change.

Years ago, these course’s were simply horrible and a rip off... Now? I have to admit that the course is in outstanding shape. The greens are simply “Perfection”. It is clear that the management of Willows Run were finally listening to their patrons.

Today’s Willow Run golf courses and others like it are why I play the game. There was no harsher critic than me when it was a crappy course and horribly/seriously under maintained. That being said, it only fair that I report the current conditions. Now, I am pleased to say... these courses offer the playing conditions that match the expectations golfers deserve to delivering the course to match those expectations.

To the Maintenance Crew... Congratulations are in order. I played today and I just shot the best round I’ve ever played on the Willows Run Eagle Talon course from the Blue tees with a -5 Round... Playing Condition Matters..

Conditions of the Course Does Matter

great golf

green is always nice - though the pin placement on #3 & #11 were challemging.
good golf!

good course, but course condition was more to be needed maintain

better than 2 weeks ago, but still need maintain course.
This course was best in Seattle area, but not now.

too much water, course need soil ( masato?) and sandy.

SLOW. 5.5 hour round.

If you like 5+ hour rounds, this course is for you. The marshals drive around the course but did nothing to speed up play. Granted they really can't do anything when most tee boxes had 2 groups bunched.

Navarre family

Other than pace of play, and no beverage cart available on an 80 degree day, everything was great. Thank you

Bellevue, Washington