Royal St. Cloud Golf Links - White/Blue Course

Credit cards accepted: Yes

Silver 72 6020 yards 69.0 115
Silver (W) 72 6020 yards 74.8 129
Copper (W) 72 5059 yards 68.4 114

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch dinner

bmw530dm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2018

We have played this course many times and have always enjoyed the experience. We have brought many of our English friends here and again they have always enjoyed the day. The biggest problem is that they over book the course and we were three deep on some of the par three's and ended up with a five hour round. Which put a bit of a damper on what is a really well kept course and greens. It will not stop us going again.

"Good value but slow play"

mikewaiz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2018

Course was in good condition and greens were very good and fairly fast. Enjoyed the day but play was slow most of the way.

MaggieParker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2018

"Overbooked and harassing marshals"

Grizz9's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2018

Poor management, over booked, and lots of ranger harassment to play faster than 4 hrs. per 18 holes.

Arrived 45 min early for a 9:10AM tee time with a foursome. Had to wait 30 min. for carts, and one cart was provided with greasy steering wheel and seat. When the woman driving the cart complained, the starter grabbed her golf towel and tried to wipe the grease off, but that only resulted in a greasy towel for the lady to use on her round. After some further delay, another cart was brought out and, in the rush, to transfer belongings from one cart to the other, the greasy cart was hastily driven off without completing the transfer. So we waited again while they recalled the hasty drive and retrieved the remaining items.

We finally got underway about 20 minutes late. We waited on the foursome ahead of us on the first 3 holes. By hole 5 the foursome behind us had hit into us twice, even though we were patient and waited on the group in front of us. We noticed multiple (3) marshals with walkie talkies watching our group move through the course and they asked us to speed up 3 times even though we were averaging under 13 min. per hole. We completed the first 9 in under 2 hrs. including a pit stop and proceeded to the red nine.

We had just teed off the first tee on the red nine when a ranger showed up requesting that we move faster again. The real problem was that with 8 min spacing on white and blue courses, they were also attempting to interleave parties coming off both white and blue courses onto the red course (with 4 min. spacing?) and the backup was growing. We left disgusted with the management and harassment, demanded and received a full refund, and left the course. One of the women in the group how has a ruined (greasy) golf blouse and towel as a memento.

"Terrible Course Management"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

Booked a tee time for 10:48. Arrived at 10:15. There was no one available at the bag drop, and golfers were standing around wondering if they should load their bags on the carts that were there. Checked in and was told there was a 20 minute delay do to fog earlier in the morning. Went into the pro shop to check in and there was one person working the counter and answering the phone. Stood in line for ten minutes, behind only three people!

Went to the range to hit a few balls, (I think the balls must be 5 years old). Went back to the starter and was told the delay was now 40 minutes. Come to find out they were sending off 80 people in a tournament from the first tee. Having a tournament outing on a Saturday no less.

Finally teed off at Noon. Waited 15 minutes on each of the first 4 holes. Pace began to pick up and we managed to make the turn in 2.5 (too long). Since it is a links style course the nines are going away from the clubhouse. Got to the 11th tee and there were 3 foursomes waiting to tee off on a par 4. I was with a group of vacationers from up North who wanted to be able to finish. By 16 I picked up my ball and rode the past two holes with the group. If I wasn't so far from the clubhouse, and not so tired I would have grabbed my bag off the cart and walked in. By the time the round ended it was 6PM. 6 hours for a round of golf is insane. In 60 years I have never experienced a round that long. Of course when we came off 18 the staff had already gone home.

"Royal St. Cloud is a new favorite"

DougArcher's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

The course was in very good condition compared to other courses in the area. It seemed very popular as there was a tournament which delayed our starting time by 1/2 hr+. I will definitely go back. We included a meal which because of our late start was delivered by the cart lady (thank you) and was excellent.

"Overbooked and mis-managed"

john6544's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

Took 5 hr and 30 min to play 14 holes! totally over booked with asian tourn. They blamed fog delay. Also one hour start delay and 3-4 carts waiting at over half the holes!!! i know this is unbeleivable but true.!!!!!

Save your money and time!!

"Very slow pace of play!!!!"

uBNUY1437BN's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

No Marshall to speed up play - took 5 1/2 hours to complete. We were lucky that group in front of us stopped playing after 6 PM or else we would not finish!!!!

"Bad experience at Royal St. Cloud"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018
First time playing Used cart

Not a good day 35 minute drive took an hour and fifteen minutes after I called for directions instead of following my GPS. Took 43 minutes coming back after getting a refund.

I golf as a single on this

I got the tee time online and also selected the food option. After I paid I went out and there were no carts, when I spoke to the starter she said I was with a group of three and they went to the range. I just stood there and she said I could carry my clubs up there a walk up and bring the cart back. I walked with my bag by saw no one on the range. Other folders were saying the range balls were supposed to be there. There were none, they had not picked them from the range. The starter came up and we found my group. We then found out tee off times were a 1/2 hour behind.

I took my bag and went to a pro shop and asked for a refund. They asked why and I told them what had written above. The person at the pro shop tried to defend his directions but the other 3 golfers I found out were staying at the same resort as me.

The refunded my money and i asked about the food order. They said they did not charge me for that because i didn't mention it even though i reserved it that way.

This was extremely disappointing since i heard positive things about the course.

"Pace very slow."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

The course was in good shape. We waited on every hole and it took 5.25 hours to play. No marshals on the course. Would probably not play again. Seemed like they had overbooked the course or start times are too close together.

"Very Playable"

uPDMD6329PD's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course was in good shape. The greens were a little slow. The pace of play was horrible for this course layout, 5 hours. Won't go back this time of year!

"Outstanding condition"

LindaFee's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

Loved this course in great shape. Fast, true greens, green fairways. Especially thought the new red Course was excellent. Problem we encountered is we arrived an hour early, driving range, putting green, and no one (I approached the starter twice) and he just nodded, but did not tell us what course we were playing. Finally went up to another person in a cart and he told us we had 2 minutes to our tee time on the red course which was the farthest away. Either the pro shop or the starter should let you know what you are playing. We made it, but we’re very rushed. COMMUNICATION is the only thing lacking on this spectacular course.

mcboo65's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018

Danny9281's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"Amazing for the price"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Course was in great condition. A great value for the price. We played the blue and white 9s and enjoyed both. Early tee time got us around in a decent time but i could definitely see pace of play being an issue

eddie53's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"Play all three!"

Mtaback1221's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2018

Royal St Cloud has 3 - nine hole courses. All three are great. 18 holes is not enough, 36 was too many.

We played White, Blue, Red and then Red again. The greens are consistent. The fairways are really nice and the distances are reasonable! Play Red White and Blue when you come out.

"Need a real Marshall"

rushjunior777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

5.5 hours to play 15 holes. On a wide open relatively short course, the pace of play is pathetic.

"Course recommended by Edwin Watts sales rep."

John2322646's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

The course was recommended by an insightful Edwin Watts sales rep. after judging my skills level and helping me select a new driver. Arrived at the course for an 11:20 tee time and got hooked up with 3 nice guys from Canada. Easy enough course White/Blue Sides, Silver Tees 68.2/117. Course is in very good condition but for the players who don’t repair divots. As expected on a Friday, it was a slow 5 hr. round. Nice staff, good eats and I’m keeping the driver left hand, senior flex not many choices.

"Great Day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2018

Played this course again, because enjoyed it the first time and not dissapointed the second time.