Scorecard for Pendleton Golf Club
Black M: 75.0/139 547 436 157 378 498 397 210 409 447 3479 462 453 220 495 428 529 190 411 426 3614 7093
Blue M: 72.9/135 521 419 152 347 484 386 176 380 416 3281 410 407 194 489 390 513 167 382 402 3354 6635
White M: 70.4/130 W: 76.4/139 493 369 147 320 465 375 139 357 368 3033 368 349 171 458 352 486 149 353 371 3057 6090
Gold M: 67.8/124 W: 73.0/132 451 338 142 294 449 349 126 313 347 2809 325 306 152 411 311 449 130 323 331 2738 5547
Red W: 71.0/125 354 306 137 277 221 239 95 237 268 2134 298 244 127 376 283 372 109 282 300 2391 4525

Year Built 2007
Architect Thomas Walker (2007)

Dress code Collar Shirts/Slacks/Bermuda Style Shorts. Tank tops, cutoff shorts, t-shirts, swimwear and any type of jeans are not permitted.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2017 #18)

Philly Advisor

off season

Dorman grass, soft surface conditions, cold air and wind put my senior partner and I on the forward tees. We could have used some locals to play with for help with a couple holes. Other than that it was a good layout using mounding and bunkers to guard the fairways and affect approach shots. Par 3 third hole is a keeper for sure. The par 5's had a variety of design and challenge to them with the double fairway 15th topping the list.

Awesome Layout & Conditions

Drove by on my way home from Christopher Newport (I-95 was backed up). Did some research and played on 1 Nov - 70 degree day. Best greens I have putted on this year!! Excellent layout. Staff was great. I will be back numerous times the next 3 years while on my way to see my daughter's volleyball matches at CNU. I will even get my friends to make the drive during the spring & summer.

A Hidden Gem

Haven't played Pendleton in over 10 years, and had forgotten how difficult this tract is. You definitely have to think your way around this course, and pick your landing areas. There are a lot of bunker complexes--both in the fairway in strategic places and at the greens. There isn't just a bunker here or there, there are multiple bunkers placed in complexes that cover a lot of yardage and often very deep. They are beautiful and certainly add to the aesthetics of the course, but stay out of them! The fairways were in great shape, as were the bunkers---nice sand and recently raked. The greens were also in excellent shape, and ran true and a little on the fast side. On a Monday afternoon on our drive down to Williamsburg, this was a great stop on the way. We had the course almost to ourselves, pace was great, and the course was in wonderful shape--much better than I anticipated. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Definitely a must play when in the area, but take your patience.

Winter Damage Evident

Second time playing this course and the biggest difference is the clear damage to many of the fairways, bunkers and almost all of the skirt areas around the green. The area has seen a lot of rain lately so it was cart path only. The course layout and the green complexes throughout the 18 holes make this course a solid track. Greens are in good shape despite all the rain lately. This course is currently not worth the 65.00 they charge on weekends due to the conditions of many of the fairways and nearly all the areas around the greens. Hopefully when things dry out the fairways and areas around the greens heal up. There is a complete practice area with grass range, bunker area and good size practice green. I do recommend this course just not for the current price they charge.

Solid track

Very solid all around course. Five sets of tees so you can find something that fits your game. Plenty of blind shots off the tees so aim for the 150 stake and you should be fine. I really liked the layout. It is very fair. The layout rewards good shots but doesn't totally kill you on bad ones. Lots of hills and little depressions throughout the course in the rough. The greens were in solid shape considering the large amount of rain in the area this August. There were a few divots that hadn't been fixed but that's on the players not the course staff. Many greens are multi tiered or sloped from back to front. Pace of play was ok for a Holiday. The starter was super friendly and informative before we teed off. The pro shop staff was indifferent in my opinion. They didn't wow me with kindness but they weren't rude either. Overall the course is in solid shape right now just not sure it is worth $60 when you can get better deals at some nicer courses in the area with GolfNow. I do recommend this course.

pleasent surprise

it had been a few years since we played this course,Wow what a big surprise! course has really matured well.everything was in great shape and considering the heat spell we've had the greens were near perfect.fairways were dry and firm but grass was very playable, did not have a bad lie all day.will be back when it cools down some but do yourself a favor and play this place you won't regret it.

Best Buy

Best golf for the money in the area around Richmond. 40 minutes from Mechanicsville, course was in fantastic shape. It was not crowded at all even as I was leaving. Fairways were perfect! Greens smooth as silk. Challenges on every hole but fair. Will definitely be playing again soon, can't wait.

Unique. Rolling. Lots of comtour

First before I forget, earlier review said not for high handicapper but I disagree. Not a lot of major issues, does not play long , and plenty tee boxes for your skill level. I always play white and friend who plays short plays gold tees and he thoroughly enjoyed it . Yes lots of contour and very unique the way fairways roll , but makes very very interesting layout. Front nine fantastic, but back nine has plenty of power lines that distract from the very natural feel rest of course gives you . Enjoyed the different lies and the unique hole designs make for interesting round . Will be back with another high handicap player who I think will enjoy the challenge . Just choose right tee box for your skill level and enjoy the day.

Up and down

Let me start by saying there's an asterisk to my claim or not first time playing: this was my 2nd time, the first being my first ever round of golf. Wanted to coma back and tackle the beast that got me hooked! Overall the course was in god shape, the scenic countryside feel of the course is beautiful, though the distance between holes on the back 9 is quite far, sometimes almost a minute Carr ride. The green on 10 was rough and the bunkers felt like packed clay, but the fairways and 1st cut were nice. One of the more challenging courses I've played in the Richmond area, huge potential for difficult lies on steep hills if your aim isn't dead on. Very fun round, I like a challenge so I enjoyed playing some tough lies your won't have the opportunity to experience on many other courses in the area.

The good, the bad and the ugly

Good: course in good shape - fairways and greens good...challenging greens, but fun. Scenic course in central VA.

Bad: Not a course for beginners or high handicappers (IMO)....if you like lots of mounds, deep swales, and blind shots then this course is for you. On several holes there was no obvious entry to the green so forced to walk up or down steep slopes...thot it was a bit pricey for the experience.

Ugly: we played with 2 wounded warriors...one of whom was a beginner....we were keeping pace but on 13 an a-hole behind us hit a shot onto the green while we were putting...no apology...

Not a course I would play again, but overall the company and experience was positive.

Great time!!!!

In Richmond for the weekend and we wanted to play golf. Saw that Pendelton was only about 20 mins away and thought it was worth a look. Awesome course! Now the greens were just aerated so that was disappointing but they were still playable. The rest of the course was plush! Very scenic and challenging. Lots of doglegs, blind shots, and elevation changes. A fun round! I will be back to play it again next year.

Fabulous Conditions

Pendleton was in the best condition I have ever seen here. There were very few divots in the fairways. Huge percentage had been filled in. Greens were in great shape; rolled true. With good weather and great course conditions, it was one of the best days of golf I have had in a long time. Would have been better if I had a better day putting. But it was me not the greens.

great course

in great shape greens are great the best driving range. the best bang for your buck, you just see the people on your hole. great staff

Challenging course, Great value

The course is laid out in on a beautiful piece of rural Virginia countryside. Greens fees are very reasonable, and I usually find the course uncrowded and suitable for < 4 hr rounds (weekday afternoons). At 6635 from the blue tees (72.9/135), I find myself struggling to reach some of the uphill par 4s, and in this year's wet conditions, you won't get much roll. Speaking of the wet weather, some of the greens have succumbed to various forms of damage, but that's about the only negative right now.

Ruther Glen, Virginia
Ashland, Virginia
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Glen Allen, Virginia
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Rappahannock Academy, Virginia

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC