2.3
1 reviews

Type Municipal

Year Built 1967

Carts Yes - $18

Dress code Proper attire is required

Rolling Hills-Twin Lakes

Very nice public course, I was visiting from Tampa, good staff, good pace of play-the downside was the price-$74.00 is too much plus I also treated a friend to the round, the Total cost was $130.00.I'm guessing they have to make up for the winter months. I do recommend this course.

Great local course

I prefer the oaks over the lakes. Its a challenging track that takes you a few rounds to really get to know. My biggest gripe is that they don't include cart in the rate. $52 + $22 cart fee. That's pricey for that course. Its totally walkable, but I have bad knees so that's out.

Great layout, dreadful greens

I play this course all the time and love the layout. It is by far the best value in the area. However, the green are currently un-puttable. They were aerated more than a month ago, but they have made no effort on them. Wind blew all of the sand off the greens right after they were punched and they did nothing about it. While other courses in the area have recovered from being punched, these greens are getting worse by the week. So much so I cancelled my tee time for next Saturday and will head elsewhere. I really hope they do something about it - it's my favorite course to play.

Commented on 07/05/2018

Greens are still awful. Shaggy, uncut, full of unfixed and poorly fixed ball marks, and painfully slow. Despite not having rain, the greens are waaay to soft. And they were watering them during my morning round! It really isn't a shame bc it's a great course, but I won't be back for a while until the greens are puttable.

Great place that needs TLC

Great layout. Fairways in good shape. Rough is deep and consistent. Greens were slow bumpy and chalk full of ball marks. 100% different than the putting green. Disappointed. Starters were great. Pleaaant, smiling, funny and very outgoing. The cart girl appeared twice only but the Marshall was around a dozen times just driving around. Hopefully the greens will be cut, rolled, and in better shape soon.

Commented on 08/21/2017

Played the Oaks course yesterday and I've been a regular since 2004. Nine holes of the Lakes course is closed due to bunker reconstruction, so the only real option for a full round of golf is the Oaks. Unfortunately, the Oaks is in dreadful condition. The rough continues to be uncut and unplayable, if you are able to find your ball. Large areas of many fairways are barren of grass or so thin it is like hitting from a layer of slime. The greens are damaged from unrepaired or poorly repaired ball marks and the pinsetters have an uncanny way of finding the worst spots for new placements. Tee boxes are torn up and/or slippery from lack of grass. Bunkers are not raked on a daily basis. Heads should roll for letting this Fairfax County course fall into such dismal shape. Invest your money in a better choice for play.

Very solid, traditional muni.

The Lakes course is the easier and older of the two offerings at Twin Lakes, but the one in which the twin lakes actually come into play. The course is generally wide open, fairly lengthy and set up well for walkers. It's mostly a 1960's design with parallel holes of limited variety, but two or three holes were built more recently, including the short par-4 15th.

Conditions are usually decent, although the greens tend to be on the slow side. The course gets a lot of play and can bog down a little, but overall the pace is acceptable, with marshals working the weekends. If anything, it's slightly pricey compared to some other public access courses in the area, but a good value overall.

Did not Disappoint

I only get to play this course twice a year for the last three years. Once again it gave me all I could handle. Great experience!!!!!!!!!

fast green..very challenging

quite a challenging course...I would come back again

Longest rough

The rough is so long here that you can mark exactly where your ball went in to the first cut and still can't find it unless you step on it. Highly penalizing for a mid range muni.

Plays Twice a year

The Lakes review

I decided on taking my grandfather somewhere better than the usual par 3 for our yearly golf trip.

The course was very pretty and fairly challenging for us par 3 players who still have a tendency to find the rough more than we find the fairway.

Sadly there were many occasions where finding the rough meant losing the ball due to the high level of rough and chopped up leaves. The most frustrating part was not playing to course but having to chase and find your ball. The course is very "hilly" and if you hit over a hill you cannot track your ball at all.

It was great getting to be with my granddad but it shouldn't take 6.5 hours to play 18 holes because you spend 10 minutes looking for each shot. Sure, some may say the easy solution is hit it better to the fairway, as beginner level golfers that's easier said than done I'm afraid and everyone reading this has been there.

Great staff even though the computer made a mix up on our tee time, they made some adjustments and got us right it.

The facility is great, the course is fun and I hope to play it again one day.

Two great courses for the money

Lakes course a little easier than the woods course , but plays well from blue tees at 6600 yards. Played for 23 bucks and it was quiet as most of the play was on the newer Woods course

With Golfnow purchase and the course condition, it is a great value

I purchased the greenfees @ Golfnow for $25/player. The course condition is getting better. The green is better. White sand in bunker. Fairway is very good. Friendly staff. We really enjoyed our round. Walking is allowed which is good 4 people who loves walking. Overall, for the golfnow greenfee, it is a great value. We will come back for sure.

Very Nice

Perfect day on a very nice, relaxing course. It is a long drive out 66 to the Clifton area but well worth it and was not too bad on Saturday afternoon.

This place is nice

Always enjoy playing here two courses the oacks is a bit harder but worth every penny.

Good course even while overseed

Putting was good. Overseed day. Rain but played through it.

Oaks course in greay shape

Played Caks course on a Wedesday , smooth sailing.Course in good shape. Had to play through 2 foursomes on back nine. Started as a foursome, 2 palyers said for 2 of us to go forward. One foursome was nice and let me through. The other foursome was hitting ball all over the place. Waited at approach shot for 15 mins, I couldn't wait another hole like that and asked to play through. Course was in good condition. I will come back.

Great course, ok service

I love this course layout and condition. People are just ok. Food guy has attitude.

This course is good for practice

This course has a wide fairway with quite long distance. It's well maintained from tee to green.
Nice course.

Twin Lakes - - Lakes Course

After all this time I still enjoy the Lakes Course. Don't usually play on a Sunday anymore and could not believe what a good pace of play for a weekend.

Oak course

Excellent public course, Challenging and great conditions.
The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. A joy to play here.

Centreville, Virginia