River Spirit Golf Club

Year Built N/A
Golf Season Seasonal

Carts Yes - $40

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

HOT DEAL RIVER SPIRIT GOLF

The course was in excellent shape. Greens very fast, but ridiculous pin placements. Staff friendly at check in and restaurant. Food was decent.

Just be sure about Golfnow Hot Deals, there are no refunds or rescheduling. Be sure your partner pay up otherwise you could be holding the bag on the green fees.

This is one of our favourite golf courses in Calgary

We love playing at River Spirit. The country setting is beautiful and the course is always in good shape. The staff is friendly and always helpful. The green fees are very reasonable for the quality of the golf course.

Perfect day for golf

The course was beautiful with all the fall colours, the course was in great shape and I love that you can pick whichever 18 out of 27 holes you want,

Commented on 09/25/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course!

Great Experience

Loved the course layout, very scenic and in excellent condition. Can't wait to play it again!

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course.

Commented on 09/16/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at River Spirit Golf Club!

Great day

Really enjoyed the day. We played in 3 hours 15 minutes. It felt like we had the course to ourselves. We played Cattails/Spirit nines. Good layout, good condition. Only bad comment, Fix Your Ball Marks People!!! I fixed 4 or 5 on every green. Nice friendly staff.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice layout but needs improvement

I arrived 45 minutes before my HOT DEALS Prepaid tee time. Staff in the pro shop wanted to charge me for a cart. Looked through my confirmation email and there is no indication that cart was included. Opened the app on my phone to show all hot deals include a cart. They finally relented and gave me a chit for a cart. Got to the cart to load my clubs and it was filthy. Others were the same. They sit outside all the time and due to recent rain and mud cart paths they are covered in mud. Hooked up with a threesome at the first tee. They also had an issue in the pro shop as they had booked to play 9 holes and the pro shop guy was unhappy that they were not playing 18 due to lost revenue.

Once we teed off things got better. Course layout is nice but cart paths are mud and gravel with occasional patches of pavement. Greens had a lot of ball marks. Finished the front nine in 2 hours and my threesome dropped out. Tow fellows joined me for the back nine and we played quickly finishing my total round in 4 hour 11 minutes.

This course has great potential if they train the pro shop staff a bit better and improve the access road, gravel parking lot and cart paths. I won't rush back to play again this year.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great pace. Best only if on sale.

I liked the course. Forgiving, did not use driver to often. Got away with 3 hybrid and six iron. Green plays true and sleek, getting use to took some time defensive . 4hrs three players. I will play again if it’s on sale for $51.00 . First experience was alright used the cart well driving up measureing and spot landing.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi - We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (403) 247-4837 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Great course!

The course was in great shape. I arrived early to hit some balls and was able to get out before my scheduled tee time. The track had a bit of everything, some Narrow gaps, strategically placed bunkers and ‘risk/reward’ holes. Although there were some hills, the course was pretty easy to walk. I play just before 8 AM on a Tuesday and finished in just over three hours for 18 holes. Pace of play was awesome

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hidufferpat. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We are glad you thought the course was in great shape. Thank you for playing River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course.

Challenging but Fair

The course can be tough if you miss the fairway,. There’s also a fair bit of water,.

Played the Cattails Course and it is very challenging. Must keep the ball on the fairway or consider the ball lost. The rough is VERY ROUGH and grass is very thick and high. No chance to retrieve any ball in the rough. The Spirit Course is much more fun to play being a little more open and and more foregiving.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Spirit Golf Club - Millburn/Cattails Course thanks you!

title

great track. spirit is the best 9, then millburn, then cattails. greens roll fast, tee boxes are mostly in great condition. staff were very friendly.

Commented on 07/11/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Spirit Golf Club!

Golf is very good cart paths and road not so much

The course is a great layout and in great shape. Greens are pretty good.

The cart paths and entrance road are desperately in need of some work.

Staff were all fantastic which more than makes up for the cart paths.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Response from on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review!

Fast pace golf

I came out early Saturday morning and got paired with two members, Dan and Jeff. I had a good time with the guys, played and watched some good golf, under 3h, walking. It was very wet, though. Day before it was pouring whole day plus morning dew, but course hold up very well. Fun 27 holes to play, would recommend it.

Response from on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for your feedback, and for the 4 stars. We are happy to hear that you had a good round. We look forward to having you back!

Great experience

Played all 27 holes. Exhausted from walking, a couple of hills to deal with. Well worth the visit. 3 nines quite different and challenging in their own ways. Regular golfers will appreciate the layout and nuances of the course.

Response from on 08/31/2018:
Thank you for leaving us with a review! We appreciate the 5 stars and happy to see that you enjoyed your experience on the course. We are looking forward to having you back.
Response from on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5 stars! We hope to see you again soon.

Two different courses

The Milburn 9 was great for a golfer looking for something different than the normal prairie courses. Lots of trees and elevations. The Cartails 9 was more links type, with scrub. Both in excellent condition but we have had lots of rain.

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with a review. We are very happy to see that you had a good round with us, and you enjoyed the condition of the course. we hope to have you back.