Old Quarry Golf Course

• Santa Barbara Plantation, Porta Blancu, Nieuwpoort, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
  • +011 599 9 840 6886, +011 599 9 840 1234
  • +011 599 9 840 1235
  • www.oldquarrygolfcuracao.com

Year built: 2010
Architect(s): Pete Dye (2010)
Type: Resort
Style: Links
Greens: Paspalum
Fairways: Paspalum

Caddies: No

Metal spikes allowed: No, rentals available
Dress code: Collared shirts, no denim
Credit cards accepted: Most credit cards accepted

Tips 72 6946 yards 74.6 133
Back 72 6598 yards 73.0 130
Middle 72 6179 yards 70.9 126
Front 72 5542 yards 68.5 113
Front (W) 72 5542 yards 73.1 124
Forward (W) 72 4944 yards 69.9 116

Pete Dye's Old Quarry Golf Course is a part of the Santa Barbara Plantation, a 1,500-acre gated community with the course, two marinas and the Hyatt Regency Curacao. Dye designed the holes at Old Quarry G.C. to be as close to natural as possible, with minimal shaping. During a round, you will experience ocean holes, bay side holes, marsh views of a rookery, mountain and valley view holes. The wind is constant, especially on the two opening holes along the ocean

"The course is NOT part of Santa Barbara Resort"

OSUinTX's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

I have not played this course. Tried to. Booked direct through the course. On vacation, family had a "Resort for a Day" pass at Santa Barbara Resort of which this is adjacent, but apparently not a part. Was told I was to cancel my resort pass and instead, pay the fee of $230 at the pro shop instead. Transport to the resort/course was a mess as neither the resort nor course have their own shuttles, they contract transportation, and despite being told by Quarry staff that we would all be on the same shuttle, two showed up, one for me and another threesome, and one for the rest of my group that was only going to partake of the resort amenities. After a stupid wait of at least 45 minutes, one shuttle driver told me to pay the balance of $100 for the resort pass and I could then ride with my family. Arriving at the course, the lady at the pro shop said the $100 is not transferable as the resort and course are separate entities, and if I wanted to play, I would have to fork over the full $230. They said if they did get the $100 moved to the course, I would have no resort privileges afterwards, despite being assured on no less than three occasions that I would. So I had a choice, pay $330 for a round of golf on a course that by the way, they just aerated (great timing that would have been nice to know beforehand), and sit like a bump on a log until the rest of my group was done at the resort, or walk back to the resort since that was apparently paid for. I walked to the resort. But, not before being told I had to pay for the meal they prepared for me. Tired of the nonsense, I acquiesced and forked over $30 for the box meal and a coke. The coke was not part of the meal, I paid extra. Which by the way, they also stated there were no refreshment carts so I would have had to hump 18 holes of drinks had I played. Get to the resort, open the box, and it is a small ham sandwich and an apple. Total rip-off. While the staff appeared friendly via email and in person, there is a distinct language barrier. Needless to say, should you end up in Curacao wanting to golf, I would think twice about just how badly you want to play.

"Great views ... terrible conditions"

Jackgent's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2018

Played this course on 1/29/17 and was terribly disappointed. Fairways are dirt and unkept grass with weeds that cause extreme swelling if contacted. Tee boxes are lumpy unkept boxes more appropriate at a $25 muni course than a $250 resort course. Zero cart appearances during entire round. Zero warm up since the range is a 15 minute cart ride away from the clubhouse. And no lunch or drinks at the turn... the number 10 is a mile away from the clubhouse. I play municipal courses in Florida that would put this place to shame.

Upside: The staff is very friendly.

"Gorgeous"

rmspada's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2017

Combination of Pebble Beach and Arizona desert course! Fantastic views. Nobody playing after 11am. Booked w hot deal rate of $39 instead of $120. Bring your own water and snacks and camera!

"Old Quarry, Curacao"

CliffordLarson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/05/2016

Difficult course. Lots of wind and very firm difficult greens.

"Old Quarry"

jws21's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Fair golf-course. The price is high, we miss the clubhouse. So there is no 19-th hole to sit.

Commented on 10/07/2014

Our brand new clubhouse Boca 19, close to the 18th hole, opened their doors early June 2014. It is situated between the beach of the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort and at the Marina with an amazing view over the entrance of Spanish Water.