Pebble Brook Golf Course

Year Built 2001
Architect Johnny Baggett (2001)

Looking Good

I began playing this course right after they opened when I'd come to the area to visit my parents. It was my favorite course to play but, unfortunately, the course deteriorated over the years. I moved to this area in February of 2017 and played the course once since that time and found it to be in terrible shape. I heard that ownership had changed so I decided to go play today. I'm glad I did! The condition of the course has greatly improved and most of the greens are in excellent shape.As others have stated, there are several greens that do have some bad places but they are working on them along with the sand traps. It was a good value at 27.00 for green fee and cart. I will definitely be playing Pebble Brook on a regular basis and look forward to continued improvements.

Commented on 10/05/2019

We appreciate your honest and fair review. We have worked really hard to improve the course since May, thank you for noticing. Now that the weather has finally broken we are going to get these issues taken care of as fast as grass can grow!!! Bunkers and the practice green are also on the top of our list.

Continues to improve

Very enjoyable round and the course continues to improve!

Very Disappointed

Course conditions were horrible on back 9. Chunks/Plugs out of greens, tee boxes so hard you can't put a tee in ground. Pace of play was good since I started on back. Wet conditions although it has been 100 degrees for 10 days straight. This is a beautiful layout and hope new management can get it into shape.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

It has come so far

I see people giving all of these bad reviews and it makes me sad. Judgemental people that are getting a HOT DEAL like $12 to play this course and then bash it. This course has come such a long way under new ownership. Instead of tearing it down how about trying to find something good to say. Maybe ask why the course is in the condition that it is in while you are in the clubhouse. Maybe then you will understand the history. We need courses like this to thrive but if we bash them then people won't play and the course will suffer more.

Good overall

Good course friendly staff. Overall course is in good condition. Some greens have bad spots. Needs more water for golfers...we found one water fountain.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Thank you for your review. We are addressing the issues we have on the greens and working hard to improve the course. We do not have water out on the course. We do not charge for ice or water at the clubhouse and will fill up anyone's tumbler. We do not want any liability issues with water coolers out on the course.

The course is in great condition with the exception of a gew greens. It plays well and fair. The very wet weather has not helped. I will be back!

Commented on 07/26/2019

Thank you for your kind review. There are a few spots on the greens that we just patched this week with some fresh sod. It was been very rainy and wet this summer. We usually are back off the cart paths a day after the rain. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Average Course

This course has potential to be very entertaining. The biggest down fall are the bent grass greens. The new management are working diligently to improve them but they are average at best. There are some greens that have patch work being done to them and the day that I played they were slow and bumpy. (Could be due to the damp couple of weeks and unable to tend to them as normal) same goes with fairways and such. Some places were growing out but course naturally holds water so that’s what I’m guessing the reasoning would be. I’ll be back because the course has its own little quirks. Bermuda greens would be so much more enjoyable though.

Commented on 07/24/2019

We greatly appreciate your 4-Star review. We are working very hard to improve the course. We tried to patch a few places and the heat was just too much. We do hope to see you soon! Thank you

When you want to enjoy yourself

This review will be for the weekend/weekday golfer. NOT for the golfer that has convinced themselves that they play better than they really do.
I play slower than a lot of people. I enjoy the time I have on the course. I observe the scenery. I have moments of greatness, followed by long periods of mediocrity. I enjoy golf, and take every shot seriously. But, let’s face facts. I’ll Always be a hack. I despise those that speed golf, and hit into other players.
That being said; I’ve known of this course for many years. The setting is mountainous in some spots. Nestled in among sheer cliff faces, and awesome tree covered lanes. The fairways are generous, and the greens are well maintained. It does have a tendency to retain water after rains, so keep that in mind when thinking of playing here. Cart path only on those days. There is some water that will take your ball if you’re not careful. The staff is very friendly, And the carts are always clean and run well. All in all, a wonderful place to enjoy some time away from the rat race, and just have a good day!

Commented on 06/28/2019

We greatly appreciate your review. We are striving for 5 stars. Part of the course sits lower, close to Sycamore Creek. The other part is on much higher ground up on the ridge. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and the wildlife is remarkable here. We are working really hard to make improvements all around. We hope that you come back soon and enjoy!

Much better than expected

The greens on the golf course are in very good shape compared to what they have been for the past 4 years. I have played this course over 100 times in the last 15 years the most recent being 4 years ago. I quit playing 4 years ago because that is when they had lost their greens due to either a fungus or bad course management. It has been an ongoing issue for a very long time. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that only 3 greens had any issues on them and in reality only one green was difficult to play on because of the conditions. The real downfall of this course is that there is no water on the course to drink. This is unacceptable in an area where 90 to 95゚ weather is not uncommon in the middle of the summer. I should not have to buy water at $2.50 a bottle to stay hydrated. In addition the bathrooms located on the golf course had no water in them and were un-sanitary and not available for use. The doors should be locked to avoid people going in to the bathroom. The course is in very good shape, the fairways are very playable, and the rough is at a decent height. If they continue to improve I would expect a lot more people will be willing to play for the price. At $18 on Golf Now it was a very good deal, however at the normal rate of $35-$37 it's a little on the steep end with no bathrooms , no drinkable water and some issues on the greens. Keep improving, and they will come back. Kudos to the new managemen team!

Commented on 06/15/2019

We appreciate your review. We are aiming for 5 stars. We are currently renovating the bathrooms on the course. There is a sign at check in and we are not charging for ice water. This will not be an ongoing issue through the heat of the summer. We are working hard to have them open as soon as possible. We are working diligently to make huge updates as fast as possible in many areas. We hope the next time you come you will be even more impressed!

Awesome

This is the best shape I've seen this course in since it opened. High praise to the new owners and staff. If you get a chance go play this Course.

Commented on 06/14/2019

We greatly appreciate your review and the 5 Stars!!! We are working hard to ensure everyone loves the course and wants to come back.

Way to go PB! (Long Review)

Played 6/11/19. I've stayed away from PB for over a year due to course conditions until yesterday. I read some recent reviews and decided it may be worth a trip out to see if the new management has helped bring back this once wonderful course. Before booking I called and a very nice lady took my call and answered all of questions. I booked a hot deal and went with the mindset it couldn't be less value than going to the range. Upon arrival you can see the 9th and 18th greens clearly and both appeard to be in much better condition than the last time I visited. I wasn't disappointed after we began play. Right from the start it was obvious there has been extensive work on the course. The tee boxes were much improved but like any public course some were better than others. Some still lacked grass in areas or were unlevel but I didn't have any issues finding a good spot to hit from. The greens were also back and rolling smoothly. They are more than 95% healed and with the pin locations where they were the areas that are still healing did not impact play. Although I did not hit a shot into a bunker I did take a good look at them to see if they are being maintained. It had rained over 2 inches just a few days earlier and as expected they were compacted. However not too many public courses in the area keep the bunkers in tip top fashion these days. Despite the recent rain the course was mowed and in great condition. The greens were receptive and smooth but a little on the slow side rolling at about a 9. I would add I would have them this way as well to ensure that the restoration process can complete before we get into the hottest time of the year. Back to the tee boxes, the par 3's are the ones that require the most attention. Be prepared to tee it up because there was very limited good grass to be found. 3 of the 5 par 3's (par 71 course) needed the most attention. The layout of the course is fun and exciting. You begin with a driveable par 4 which played 282 from the white tees and allows a great chance to start of under par as the hole 1 green is relatively flat. After that you are treated to some good course design that provides an array of different types of holes which is fun and rewarding. There is still no better drive than from hole 10 to hole 11 as it is as scenic as it gets. The course really utilizes the layout of the land to provide some really good elevation changes that are used well to give the course some defense as it is by no means a long course. Several par 4's provide risk reward to use the driver off the tee. Great use of OB, trees, water and sand depending on the hole to provide a challenge if you're feeling like letting the driver loose. Don't be afraid to hit off the tee with something less than driver on some of the holes as you will be rewarded with a good approach into greens that will hold the ball well. I'm a 9 handicap and shot a 3 over 74 and I attribute that to being able to hole putts consistently within 8 feet. The greens although slightly slow rolled extremely well and the ball never wiggled or bounced off line. I'm ok with slow as long as they roll true and kudos to the new management for the restoration they have accomplished thus far. I didn't utilize the range, which was open and appeared to be in great shape nor did I visit the practice green so I cannot comment on those. The staff was super friendly and happy to see people returning. They appear to be proud of the new management and how well the course is coming along. My only advice is to place mats on the par 3's as a hitting option. This will allow the natural grass to return more rapidly and although not ideal it is better than hitting off uneven tee boxes compiled of mostly sand and dirt. This is only on 3 of the holes and didn't in any way take away from the overall experience. The tee box on hole 10 was moved way up which removed one of the more fun aspects of that hole. It appears they are restoring those tee boxes and I would expect them opened sooner rather than later based on my inspection. Great course for the value on golf now as well as their regular rates. If you've stayed away because of the conditions over the last 2 years now is the time to return and put this course back into your rotation. If like myself you remember how great this course once was I believe you too will be pleasantly surprised and very happy with a return trip.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Thank you for your review and suggestions. We are currently making some major changes and updates to the course. In the next week we will have completed some renovations to some of the bunkers and restrooms out on the course. We are also in the process of completely renovating the practice green. We do have plans to for the tee boxes and other areas of the course as well. The new management at PB is excited about providing a great product and we are working daily toward our goals. Please come back soon and visit.

Great this year

Greens are the best I've ever seen here this year. Love the course layout and will play again soon

Commented on 06/11/2019

We greatly appreciate your review. We look forward to your next visit and are shooting for 5 stars!

One of my favorites around.

This course has done a complete 180 from last year, now there are still some rough spots but I’m sure they’ll be addressed. The new management is taking this place to the moon. Great place to play and have a good time I’ll always come back.

Unique, Fun course!

I have read a few of the reviews of this course from a year ago saying this was a horrible course. It has recently been under new management and was a fun course to play. I have played several courses in the area and this is now at the top of the list as one of my favorites. It was a challenging yet fun course to play. I will definitely be playing here more often. Would recommend checking it out.

Commented on 06/08/2019

Thank you for your Great review. We are striving for 5 star reviews. This course is under new management and our goal is to make playing at Pebble Brook a great experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Commented on 06/08/2019

Thank you for the Great Review! We are striving for 5 Stars. We are under new management and are working hard to make some major improvements to the course. We would love for you to visit us soon!

Great value ! Under new management

Commented on 06/08/2019

We are under New Management as of May 15th, 2019. We closed the course for a few weeks to make some updates and we hope everyone loves the changes. Thank you for your 5 Star review. We look forward to you coming back soon!

Horrible

This is one of the two worst golf courses I have ever played. To call it a cow pasture would do a disservice to the cows. On the front nine I spent most of my time trying to find some grass to pay from and that included on the tees. The greens looked like they hadn't bee cut in over two weeks and there were bare patches and holes on ALL of the greens. This course would not have been worth any price paid. In an attempt to say something nice, the pencil was sharp.

Joelton, Tennessee
Clarksville, Tennessee
Nashville, Tennessee
Old Hickory, Tennessee

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.