Smyrna Golf Course - Executive Course

Yellow (W) 29 1291 yards N/A N/A

"Smyrna Golf Course"

u000007192506's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Good layout. Course in very good condition. Greens were mafnificent.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 06/13/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our layout and course conditions. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Awful"

John7915016's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

This was the first time playing Smyrna in 2018. It will also be the last, unless it’s free. I walked up to the counter, and the guy checking me in just stared at me. I broke the ice first, with, how are you. I told him we had a tee time for 12:30. He asked, what’s your name. I told him, and he said he didn’t have anyone at 12:30, luckily it’s open. I told him I called on Friday evening and he said they must have booked me on Saturday instead of Sunday. Strike 1 and 2, and I haven’t even paid yet. Strike 3 came, when I realized I was playing on a dirt path for $42.00 per person. My wife and I were trying to enjoy Mother’s Day golfing, the course conditions were awful. The pace of play was great. Only because, nobody wants to play the course. Do not waste your money.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Hello John7915016, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for the miscommunication of the scheduling of your tee time and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. We also appreciate your feedback on the course conditions, the turf conditions recently were negatively affected by the abnormally cold winter and we are currently in the healing process. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments and we hope to earn your business again.

"Fairways are Dirt"

Jordan9774942's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

The fairways barely have any grass. Majority of approach shots are off of hard dirt and almost impossible to find a reasonable lie throughout the whole course. Also, the only course I’ve seen in the area that is still hitting on mats on the range. Extremely overpriced for the lack of effort going into taking care of the course. The greens have improved since the last time I’ve played there which is the only reason the rating is not 1 Star but still feel 2 stars is a little generous.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Hello Jordan9774942, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions, the turf conditions recently were negatively affected by the abnormally cold winter and we are currently in the healing process. We also appreciate your feedback on the mats on the driving range and on the rates. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Staff and other players were extremely nice. Greens were in good shape. Some tight lies but will definitely go back.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Nice staff & greens, terrible fairways"

ShortKnocker1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

I have hit on the range a bunch & the putting green but never played until today. The staff is friendly as always & the putting green was also in good shape like normal. Got on the 1st tee & then found the fairway. The fairway on number 1 was very bare, as was almost every hole on the entire course. Most of the time is was better to be in the rough so you can find some grass to hit off of. The greens were in great shape, just as the putting green led on. It'll be a while before I pay to play this course again, not until the fairways have grass growing.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/04/2018:

Hello ShortKnocker1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the fairways. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

"Better than expected."

Matthew8647788's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

Few things: I played with a beginner woman. We played scramble style from the red tees, together. I'm typically a not-quite-tips player, but I'm comfortable up to 6600-6800 yards. These red tees were incredibly short - even for red tees. While this inhibits my review a little in that I didn't play the course the way I normally would, I think it's a good thing overall . She loved that she/we had the chance to make par on just about every hole with an ok drive and an ok 2nd shot. There wasn't much around as far as water or hazards. Simple, straight forward, no frills. Some negatives. GPS takes you miles out of the way and it's a bit confusing. The layout seems very basic. The fairways are pretty beat up even for this time of year. Some real positives though. The greens were in awesome shape. Bunkers too. The people were nice. The pace was Amazing. We played midday on a beautiful Saturday and expected logjam, but it was incredibly smooth. I think overall, it was an awesome experience for a beginner and a really good value. If you're after something fancy and pretty - Smyrna's not where it's at. But for fun, low pressure value? We'll definitely be coming back.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/01/2018:

Hello Matthew8647788, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our greens, bunkers, affordable rates, and the pace of play. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Course needs some sun and grass growth"

Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Since it is early spring, the grounds are still brown and hard. And the location is quite windy. But, the fairways are straight and this is a good course for most golfers to play.

You can not bring any coolers or your own beverages to this course, but you can give a $10 deposit and they let you use one of their coolers if you want.

I will go back again.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions and coolers. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Love this Course!"

squeezemuffin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I've been playing this course for several years. I love it because it's just challenging enough for simple enough for me to have fun. I'm not a very good golfer but love the game. The staff is wonderful and the course is always in good shape. And, the price is very reasonable. My friends and I usually play here at least once or twice a month.... that's how much we love it.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 03/16/2018:

Hello squeezemuffin, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions, our affordable rates, and found our staff friendly. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you at Smyrna Golf Course again very soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2018

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 02/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We appreciate your ratings and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Smyrna area!

"Change of Perspective"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

I rated this course awhile ago, and gave it a three star. Today, after play, the manager "Hal" asked me to talk with him a bit about my evaluation. He made some really good points. Good enough in fact, that I decided to come and re-look at how I saw things. My major bone of contention is that Smyrna charges more for those outside of Smyrna for yearly membership. They recently changed so players outside of Smyrna can no longer get new memberships. They DID "Grandfather" in any existing players that wanted to stay on. After speaking to Hal, I honestly can see their perspective. I still don't agree with it, as I live in LaVergne, do business in Smyrna and figure we should be included. But is just that, my opinion. Really, that is not why I changed my rating. So, why did I? Well, how many place have you played golf that even seemed to READ your rating, or cared? Hall did read it. Hall does care. The staff is, and was never an issue. Nicer people can not be found to do business with. And when Hal spoke to me, it was with Genuine Concern for their product and service and to be sure I understood what had been done FOR the current members and to let me know that All are welcome and wanted at this course. Membership is just a tricky "business" subject and so I changed my rating to ONLY reflect the course, staff and whether or not I would recommend it. I would. Absolutely. If you go play there, you will find a good course, fair price and great staff. And, at the end of the day, isn't that why you go to play? Great job guys. Just sorry you decided to charge more for "Out of Towners" like me and my friends, and that business dictates you made the decision to exclude us from LaVergne, from future joining in membership.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 12/21/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review, the great recommendation, and the kind words about our staff and golf course. You are always welcome at Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again in the near future!

"New to the course"

u000006198064's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

It was the first time I've ever golf in Tennessee in December and it was evenident that the grass was dead, but besides that it was nice to get out an play. The course was very accommodating and the food in the snack bar was good and reasonably priced. Overall it was a good experience

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 12/08/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had a good experience playing our course! We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you ay Smyrna Golf Course again soon!

"No carts in parking lot"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Staff was very rude wouldn't recommend this course

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 12/08/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of course. We are sorry to hear that our staff was unfriendly to you. We also appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness and we hope to earn your business again.

cropperdm's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

I have played this course many times and always enjoy it !!! They seem to be improving the course always and staff have been excellent to me !! Thanks Smyrna G.C.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 12/04/2017:

Hello cropperdm, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course improvements and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

MIKETHEDAWG's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 11/20/2017:

Hello MIKETHEDAWG, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great course"

fishnfore's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

Love the course. Plenty tough enough for me

Great practice range.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 11/10/2017:

Hello fishnfore, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and practice facility! Thank you for playing Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Every Day Player"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

I have played this course since starting golf three years ago. I am a senior in their league.If there is friendlier staff out there, I have seen it. The course is fairly easy for a senior to play and they work hard to keep the grounds well kept. You can always see someone working. So, why the Low rating? They are pricing folks that do not live in Smyrna out of the game. Every year the price goes up. This year, they made it clear if you are not already IN membership, you may not become a member in the future. EVER!! Just say go away and be done with it. So, I've taken MY money to another course. I left good, not great friends there to do this but Smyrna has made it clear if you are not FROM Smyrna, don't come here to be a member or play. You are less than OUR people. Good enough.

"Golf course"

Golfman70's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/04/2017

Great course to play. I really like the small course.Everyone is nice and very helpful.Thanks for everything you all do.

Response from Smyrna Golf Course on 05/11/2018:

Hello Golfman70, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Smyrna Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Was a good round"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2017

Went on a Tuesday at noon, for $14 what a steal! Fairways and greens in good shape! People are always nice and friendly!

"Well-Conditioned, Enjoyable Golf Course"

ShragMagtite's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I have played Smyrna G.C. numerous times through the years; this was the 1st time I used GolfNow.com to book my round. The bent grass greens were in very good condition, which is remarkable considering the middle Tennessee heat. The fairways had a good stand of Bermuda grass on them.

The course was crowded on a Sunday afternoon, but the pace of play was good. We played 18 holes in 4 hours flat.

The snack bar and pro shop are well-stocked and have very reasonable prices.

"Hmmm"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

The fairways had been recently mowed but yet large clumps of grass all through them, needs to be re mowed to break it up so it doesn't kill the grass underneath it would also make the presentation a lot nicer!

Also wish people were courteous enough to repair ball marks on the greens!

Pace of play was slow, and the foursome in front did not want us to play through and also picked up my partners ball!

Just rude!