2.4

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2018 #10)

Massachusetts Golfers stay away !!

Called on 3/28 at 10 am about afternoon availability for Myself and a junior golfer. the person I spoke to said the tee times were slowing down and he could get us out 1230 NO Problem. I asked if he wanted my name for a time and was told NOT NECESSARY, Arrived at 1215 and encountered the person i spoke to outside with a butt hanging out of his mouth who informed me NO TEE TIME, NO GOLF. My disappointed junior and I decide to leave knowing it wasn't worth a conflict.
On another note, the course from what I could see is in really poor condition,the building housing the clubhouse in disrepair along with a restroom that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months.
If you like playing golf with guys in jeans and construction boots and drinking in the parking lot, then I would Highly recommend this otherwise STAY AWAY

Pleasantly surprised

I played this course 2 years ago,price was great. The course needed some TLC.Today I played at Vineyard Valley at a amazing price $21 for 18 holes with cart. The course was in nice shape. This course has some of the most beautiful scenery I have seen.The gentleman working the pro shop was very friendly. I had a great experience

Fun layout & Friendly Staff

Once again a great time at Vineyard Valley. I brought my golfing buddy with me and he enjoyed the challenging layout of the 9 hole course. Nothing negative to say other than I wish it were closer to home. But still I can justify the 45 minute ride in the car with the affordable prices found here everyday.

Course conditions were horrendous

The course it self has very beautiful views from up top, some do not like the layout of the course because it is so hilly, I however don’t mind it. The problem is I don’t think they ever mow the grass. There is no distinction between fairway or rough. The whole thing is just long grass. I personally had trouble hitting all the way to the green as the grass was so tall. The tee boxes were terrible the ant hills and lumps are so high. And the greens were not good either. I wish they would put more time into this course as I think it would be spectacular however they need to work on it.

Fun, Challenging, and Affordable!

Love this course. Last time through they were redoing the bunkers on holes 1 & 3. New ownership is putting the time, money, and effort into the course that it’s needed. I always arrive early and hit a $4 bucket of balls to lock in before heading out on the course. For a 9 hole this is my favorite. Smitty is more an accommodating when ever I’m there. Beautiful view from the top of the hill as well. I’m actually scheduled to play there again tomorrow. Good times!

Not worth the time

I’m surprised this course has a 4 star average rating. The course has spectacular views on the hill side. Unfortunately, that is all that is good about the course. The fairways are basically the same as the rough and the tee boxes are awful. The greens are like carpet. Chip shots will land soft and stay and you have to use your putter like Thor’s hammer to get the ball rolling forwards the hole. If your lucky your ball will miss the dirt patches on the way to the destination but that is about as likely as betting double 00 on roulette and hitting. If they maintained the course it would have a lot of potential and be very enjoyable to play.

Horrible conditions

Played a quick 9 on 6-1-19. The course was is terrible condition, tee boxes looked as if they had not been cut in a week, absolutely no distinction between the fairways and rough and the greens needed a lot of work. I know the course is cheap but even for the reduced price I would not play here again. It is a shame because the layout showed some potential, unfortunately it looks like almost no effort has gone into the upkeep of the course.

Course conditions

Course was very wet, not much for cart paths. So the carts tore up the course. U wouldn't of had the course open in this condition.

VV

Grass on greens was over an inch long. The fairways are longer than most roughs, and the rough is ridiculous. The greens alone make it not worth the time. Tee boxes are in horrible shape.

SLEEPING GAINT

First round with son and grandson. Staff was pleasant and cordial, very accommodating. Despite being a hillside course, there are plenty of opportunities for flat straight away shots. Few sand traps, some earthen bunkers, lateral water hazards as well as straight away ponds. Well provisioned pro shop with a good selection of equipment and accessories, reasonably priced. Restaurant was closed (Monday & Tuesday) during our visit, but appeared spacious and well arranged. All in all, a hidden gem in the quiet corner.

Views are breath taking!!!

We had difficulty finding the next hole but we were able to follow the group in front of us. Holes were not marked. Very hilly. The view from the 7th (or 8th) hole had a spectacular view of the area and was so much fun to play!! Take lots of balls as the fairways are surrounded by woods. Had a great time!!

Great value for the money. Good practice

This course gets a lot of unfair reviews. Yes, it is hilly with a lot of uneven lies. Yes, the course is on the shorter side. With that being said, the course is long enough that you can use all of your clubs, the lies are not that uneven that you can’t hit your ball cleanly, and there is a risk/reward factor on most holes. Also, the course is affordable. What is there to complain about? I love this course

Commented on 08/27/2019

Thanks for this review. From your comments, I think I'll give Vineyard Valley a shot. I'm a Connecticut golfer, and have played Timberlin, so I know you're observations about it are accurate.
Thanks again.

Great staff and fun course

The staff recently turned over as did ownership. Tye course layout is the same but you can tell the maintenance has improved and the over look of the course is more appealing. Great golf carts and a wonderful staff. I believe the owner is in the clubhouse most days and he has been very pleasent with every visit I have made this year.

A little gem

Really did not know what to expect and we loved what we saw. Who would have thought you could pack such a fun par 36 on a hill with such diversity and so challenging. The view from 7 is just amazing from the blue tee. 8 with the great carry over water and 9 gorgeous island green are real treat to name a few. Worth every penny hurry up play this course we loved it. One last thing right from the start you feel welcome which is not always the case with golfnow courses but you do here great staff - thanks

I played this course last year,and it was nice.This year many changes for the better.Many trees have been cut.Fairways seem wider.Course was in very good condition.

Billy Goat Course

This is A Billy Goat Course. I recommend taking a cart. The cart paths are very rough, could lose a tooth.
The tee boxes, fairways, greens are in mediocre condition.
Having said all that, the course is fairly scenic and interesting.
Golfed in the backyard of a fancy house. Hole number 7 has one of the highest, steepest teeoffs
that I have seen in New England. Holes 8 and 9 are target golf. Just teeoff and hope there is a fairway out
there somewhere. After the 9th hole there is a bell of shame. Ring the bell for the number of balls you lost in the water.
I rang it once.

Early Morning

Beautiful views. Challenging. The gentleman working that morning was very pleasant and informative. Played by myself. Very relaxing course. Def a great value!

Woodstock, Connecticut
Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Charlton, Massachusetts
Burrillville, Rhode Island

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.