1.5

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2018 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2018 #10)

Horrible conditions

Played a quick 9 on 6-1-19. The course was is terrible condition, tee boxes looked as if they had not been cut in a week, absolutely no distinction between the fairways and rough and the greens needed a lot of work. I know the course is cheap but even for the reduced price I would not play here again. It is a shame because the layout showed some potential, unfortunately it looks like almost no effort has gone into the upkeep of the course.

Course conditions

Course was very wet, not much for cart paths. So the carts tore up the course. U wouldn't of had the course open in this condition.

SLEEPING GAINT

First round with son and grandson. Staff was pleasant and cordial, very accommodating. Despite being a hillside course, there are plenty of opportunities for flat straight away shots. Few sand traps, some earthen bunkers, lateral water hazards as well as straight away ponds. Well provisioned pro shop with a good selection of equipment and accessories, reasonably priced. Restaurant was closed (Monday & Tuesday) during our visit, but appeared spacious and well arranged. All in all, a hidden gem in the quiet corner.

Views are breath taking!!!

We had difficulty finding the next hole but we were able to follow the group in front of us. Holes were not marked. Very hilly. The view from the 7th (or 8th) hole had a spectacular view of the area and was so much fun to play!! Take lots of balls as the fairways are surrounded by woods. Had a great time!!

Great value for the money. Good practice

This course gets a lot of unfair reviews. Yes, it is hilly with a lot of uneven lies. Yes, the course is on the shorter side. With that being said, the course is long enough that you can use all of your clubs, the lies are not that uneven that you can’t hit your ball cleanly, and there is a risk/reward factor on most holes. Also, the course is affordable. What is there to complain about? I love this course

Great staff and fun course

The staff recently turned over as did ownership. Tye course layout is the same but you can tell the maintenance has improved and the over look of the course is more appealing. Great golf carts and a wonderful staff. I believe the owner is in the clubhouse most days and he has been very pleasent with every visit I have made this year.

A little gem

Really did not know what to expect and we loved what we saw. Who would have thought you could pack such a fun par 36 on a hill with such diversity and so challenging. The view from 7 is just amazing from the blue tee. 8 with the great carry over water and 9 gorgeous island green are real treat to name a few. Worth every penny hurry up play this course we loved it. One last thing right from the start you feel welcome which is not always the case with golfnow courses but you do here great staff - thanks

I played this course last year,and it was nice.This year many changes for the better.Many trees have been cut.Fairways seem wider.Course was in very good condition.

Billy Goat Course

This is A Billy Goat Course. I recommend taking a cart. The cart paths are very rough, could lose a tooth.
The tee boxes, fairways, greens are in mediocre condition.
Having said all that, the course is fairly scenic and interesting.
Golfed in the backyard of a fancy house. Hole number 7 has one of the highest, steepest teeoffs
that I have seen in New England. Holes 8 and 9 are target golf. Just teeoff and hope there is a fairway out
there somewhere. After the 9th hole there is a bell of shame. Ring the bell for the number of balls you lost in the water.
I rang it once.

Early Morning

Beautiful views. Challenging. The gentleman working that morning was very pleasant and informative. Played by myself. Very relaxing course. Def a great value!

Unique and challenging course and one of the best values around!

Thia is a little off the trail gem. It is challenging and full of character. One of my new favorites. This review would have been 5 stars but my only gripe was that the tee boxes are poorly upkept and it is difficult to find good footing or a nice patch of grass to tee off on.

Fun Course

Interesting fun course. decent shape, hole 6 goes to the right of the mansion very confusing, I drove the cart in some guys garage and his wife was hiding in there

Perfect little gem

Driving through the countryside, the wife and I stumbled across this quaint course. I was immediately impressed with the friendly faces that greeted us. The nice staff drove our cart around to our cars and showed us the layout of the course. The course itself is a nice challenge and the views from behind the castle are incredible. You can see the rolling hills of the quiet corner.

Always a Fun Place to play!!

I play here often this year after discovering it a year ago....Bring your camera for pics from the 7th tee!! The course is in good shape, the staff is very helpful and the all grass range is a nice bonus. Takes a little local knowledge to learn so I recommend playing 18.....The second nine will be more fun knowing the lay of the land. Bring extra balls for the island green finishing hole, its fun and challenging.

Horrible customer service

Booked a round for nine holes through golf now on Tuesday, September 6. With a light rain falling I called the course twice to make sure that they were open, both times phone was not answered. Drove a good 30 minutes to get to course walked in and no one was in the pro shop. After waiting about five minutes in the pro shop a gentleman came in to tell me the course was closed. I told him I had booked a round through golf now and he looked at me and laughed and said for today, in this weather. I said yes as once again it was only sprinkling out. I do not mind the fact of the course was closed because of weather what is upsetting is the fact that after two phone calls any 30 minute drive I am told I cannot golf because they close the course before I got there. He then proceeded to tell me that the deal would be good tomorrow but I have work the rest of the week. Just bad customer service skills

Hidden Gem

Very fun and challenging course with great views from top of the hill!! Staff was very friendly and helpful and pace of play was great. Good greens and super fun 9th hole, looking forward to going back

Cheap and quick

very inexpensive and quick because no one plays there. layout is back and forth up a big hill. Flat lies in fairways are scarce. Look for odd tee arrangements where u strike through rows of tall weeds. Better to stay home and cut the grass.

pgapro222
Commented On 09/01/2016

Sorry you did not enjoy your day with us....We appreciate the feedback and your business.

Decent course

Decent course to play for the money. Need to have better Tee Boxes and better carts

Great 9 hole course!

Excellent 9 hole course built on an old vineyard. The view from the 7th hole (my favorite) is amazing. Course flows in an uphill, across the hill and down the hill manner. Hole 9 is a short par 3, loosely modeled after the Island green at Sawgrass. It's a well kept course that plays nicely. The course features a range and practice green area as well. Food is outstanding too!

RIchard5862009

Fiskdale, Massachusetts
Charlton, Massachusetts
Burrillville, Rhode Island

Valid dates: May 28, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
This package includes overnight accommodations and two rounds of golf.
Gull Lake View Golf Club & Resort Senior Packages