Year Built 1999
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Charles Rustici (1999) Joseph Rustici (1999)

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

Good course

This is a great course it is challenging for both beginners and advanced players

Open Saturday Afternoon

My buddy and I were all by ourselves for the entire round for 18 holes on a Saturday afternoon in near perfect conditions. Our below average play caused us to take nearly 4 hours to play the round. If we had played well, we would have finished in practically three hours.

Well Maintained Course

I play here often and I enjoy this course thoroughly. I always find the course well maintained and very enjoyable. I played the front nine on the twilight rate.

5+ hour round... again

I’ve played this course many times over the years. Layout is nice, conditions are average, but pace of play is a major problem. The last 3 rounds that I played were all 5 plus hours. It’s just unacceptable to have a 5+ hour on a Wednesday morning - not once was a ranger or any staff attempting to move play along. Worst part was the pro/staff member was playing in the group holding up the entire course. Won’t be back.

Great track, worth a visit

I’ve played here 5 times this month, all during the week before leagues go out, so I can’t attest to pace of play On weekends but it’s wide open during the week. 2.5 hour ride, easy.

Some of the tee boxes are poor and uneven, which isn’t what you want for flat lies. That being said, the fairways are fantastic, the rough is maintained and challenging and most of the greens are awesome. I play from the blue tees, so most fairway bunkers aren’t an issue, but the tricky part is you can run out of fairway on good tee shots with some of the slope and angles. So it’s going to test your accuracy. I love the elevation changes,
Especially on the par 3s.

It’s definitley a good walk if you want the steps and an easy ride to get around. If you hit 260+ off the tees, you’ll have wedges all day. But the rough is enough to be penal if you stray. To me,
It’s built for fades,
Except the par 5 9th that definitely requires a draw.

Saturday at River Ridge

I play this course often and I really enjoy it. It's great to start with three wide open holes before the course heads into the woods and tightens up. On this particular Saturday, there was a very slow foursome that slowed the front nine. They did not play the back nine. The course's clubhouse has been redone and has excellent food and beverage choices.

Early

Played early on this spring, having played a few other courses I was disappointed in the condition of the greens. I know it’s early however they were extremely bumpy and grainy.

Enjoyed 9

Played several times with two friends, walking. Play 9 then lunch. Pro, Mark, was extremely helpful. Course was in excellent condition even with all the fall junk which the staff worked hard to keep off the fairways and greens. I have played 9 and 18 and always had a great experience. As I am 71, I enjoy the orange tees.

Always fun

Play here 8-12 times a year. 15 mins from home. If my work schedule was better I'd play more often. Last season was a test for every course with the dry conditions. With all the rain this spring this place greened right up. Staff is always friendly and the course is a balanced test of risk reward. Keep it in short grass and you have a shot. Made an eagle on the 3rd hole and finished with a solid round. Fun place to play and the restaurant staff is always pleasant.

Connecticut Advisor

Never a disappointment...

A great place to kick off the 2017 golf season. Being in the southeastern section of the state allows it to open a week (or more) before most other courses. It's evident that the grounds crew has been hard working getthing the place ready for play. The greens rolled especially true. There wasn't a lot of winter debris to be found. Yeah, the course is wet in a few spots, and the traps still need grooming, but this spring golf, people!

We travel an hour to play here a couple of times a season. I've never been disappointed.

Great job, guys.

Fall in New England

This time of year in New England, it is extremely difficult to keep track of your ball whether it is on the fairway or in the rough. In the rough you can kiss the ball away due to the high volume of leaves which they hide under. Fairways give you a 50/50 chance of finding them. Again due to the leaves.

bad greens slow play

parties were on the 1st green.60 minuets went by and still didn't see anyone coming up 18. we played 1,2,3, 3 groups at 4 we went back to do 1,2,3 again we still had to wail on 5,6,7,8,9. then 3 groups were on 10 with 11 and 12 wide open we did the front nine again. very slow. the guy driving around to be sure play is time efficient wasn't doing his job too well. and the green were the worst ive seen players do not fix the ball marks the sand wasn't raked it was ugly

love the outlay bad green bad,bad course management

we get there there's 3 groups on the 1st hole. we were a little early including doing the first 3 holes plus no person still was not coming up 18. bottle necking all over the place. slow slow slow.. and the greens it seem no one repairs their ball marks .greens in bad shape. the guy that drives around making sure the golfers are timely obviously wasn't doing a good job. we ended up doing 1,2,3 and doing 1,2,3, again we still had to wait on 5,6, 7, 8, 9. hole 11and 12 were open while one group and are group were waiting on 10. we decided to do the front nine again.
hope they get it together next it was discusting

Thank you for introducing us to this course, sure we will play again.

A beautiful day of golf

We were very pleased with the staff, food, and of course the course. Thanks a bunch for introducing us to this course.

good layout

nice layout and not particularly long or lots of trouble

Golfnow review

If I lived closer and wasn't a member somewhere else this course would be my course of choice.

Average Course- - -Poor Course Management

I played this course three times over 7 days. On two of the rounds, groups cut-in on the 10th tee which adversely impacted the pace of play. With regard to the condition of the course, the tee boxes were in poor condition, overgrown with weeds, and many of the greens were damaged with spike marks. Since I only paid $25 on golfnow, I can't be too critical, but there are better values in the immediate area.

Price did not match what was quoted

I was quoted $40 per person with cart on golfnow.com and was quoted the same by person checking me in. However, my credit card refelected $60 per person. My wife will be making some phone calls as this outing was for her birthday. Course was fun to play but price did not match what was quoted.

Love this course

Quick round, great conditions, love river ridge!!!!!

North Stonington, Connecticut