River Ridge Golf Course

Scorecard for River Ridge Golf Course
Gold M: 73.0/129 410 414 552 190 551 167 361 358 580 3583 435 126 482 333 366 560 349 233 404 3288 6871
Blue M: 71.0/127 390 391 510 180 530 156 350 354 560 3421 401 122 420 326 350 530 340 185 379 3053 6474
White M: 69.3/126 375 376 490 170 510 130 345 349 544 3289 360 119 415 315 345 520 335 145 299 2853 6142
Red W: 70.4/119 325 327 432 165 498 122 326 279 430 2904 352 92 333 286 320 443 259 135 269 2489 5393

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Charles Rustici (1999) Joseph Rustici (1999)

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

Enjoyed 9

Played several times with two friends, walking. Play 9 then lunch. Pro, Mark, was extremely helpful. Course was in excellent condition even with all the fall junk which the staff worked hard to keep off the fairways and greens. I have played 9 and 18 and always had a great experience. As I am 71, I enjoy the orange tees.

Always fun

Play here 8-12 times a year. 15 mins from home. If my work schedule was better I'd play more often. Last season was a test for every course with the dry conditions. With all the rain this spring this place greened right up. Staff is always friendly and the course is a balanced test of risk reward. Keep it in short grass and you have a shot. Made an eagle on the 3rd hole and finished with a solid round. Fun place to play and the restaurant staff is always pleasant.

Connecticut Advisor

Never a disappointment...

A great place to kick off the 2017 golf season. Being in the southeastern section of the state allows it to open a week (or more) before most other courses. It's evident that the grounds crew has been hard working getthing the place ready for play. The greens rolled especially true. There wasn't a lot of winter debris to be found. Yeah, the course is wet in a few spots, and the traps still need grooming, but this spring golf, people!

We travel an hour to play here a couple of times a season. I've never been disappointed.

Great job, guys.

Fall in New England

This time of year in New England, it is extremely difficult to keep track of your ball whether it is on the fairway or in the rough. In the rough you can kiss the ball away due to the high volume of leaves which they hide under. Fairways give you a 50/50 chance of finding them. Again due to the leaves.

bad greens slow play

parties were on the 1st green.60 minuets went by and still didn't see anyone coming up 18. we played 1,2,3, 3 groups at 4 we went back to do 1,2,3 again we still had to wail on 5,6,7,8,9. then 3 groups were on 10 with 11 and 12 wide open we did the front nine again. very slow. the guy driving around to be sure play is time efficient wasn't doing his job too well. and the green were the worst ive seen players do not fix the ball marks the sand wasn't raked it was ugly

love the outlay bad green bad,bad course management

we get there there's 3 groups on the 1st hole. we were a little early including doing the first 3 holes plus no person still was not coming up 18. bottle necking all over the place. slow slow slow.. and the greens it seem no one repairs their ball marks .greens in bad shape. the guy that drives around making sure the golfers are timely obviously wasn't doing a good job. we ended up doing 1,2,3 and doing 1,2,3, again we still had to wait on 5,6, 7, 8, 9. hole 11and 12 were open while one group and are group were waiting on 10. we decided to do the front nine again. hope they get it together next it was discusting

Thank you for introducing us to this course, sure we will play again.

A beautiful day of golf

We were very pleased with the staff, food, and of course the course. Thanks a bunch for introducing us to this course.

good layout

nice layout and not particularly long or lots of trouble

Golfnow review

If I lived closer and wasn't a member somewhere else this course would be my course of choice.

Average Course- - -Poor Course Management

I played this course three times over 7 days. On two of the rounds, groups cut-in on the 10th tee which adversely impacted the pace of play. With regard to the condition of the course, the tee boxes were in poor condition, overgrown with weeds, and many of the greens were damaged with spike marks. Since I only paid $25 on golfnow, I can't be too critical, but there are better values in the immediate area.

Price did not match what was quoted

I was quoted $40 per person with cart on golfnow.com and was quoted the same by person checking me in. However, my credit card refelected $60 per person. My wife will be making some phone calls as this outing was for her birthday. Course was fun to play but price did not match what was quoted.

Love this course

Quick round, great conditions, love river ridge!!!!!

Annoyance

Showed up as a single, playing with a cart. Was told I could not play by myself. Paired with a threesome of walkers. Immediately a single was on our tail followed immediately behind that one was another. Within the first three holes we had to let both play through. If I was allowed to tee off when I first arrived I feel the time of my round would have been reduced by an hour at least. It never would have bothered me if singles did not come up behind us immediately.

Good greens!

I have played RR in the past and was not impressed with their staff or greens, however on my latest visit everything is much better, the staff was extremely friendly and the greens where great!

New Favorite

Place is amazing!!!! After moving to Stonington recently...I've had the opportunity to play almost a dozen local courses including a few private tracks. For overall value....River Ridge stands out as our new favorite!!! Well worth the longer drive....course was in great shape....staffed by some great people....and the pace of play was super!!! No homes on the course....just golfing in paradise! Ranks right up there with both casino courses....but when factoring in cost....River Ridge stands out as the best course in Southeastern Connecticut- Jason P

High quality course!

Overall, the course is in very good shape. Majority of the tee boxes and greens are in good shape. It plays very well. If you keep your ball in the fairway, you will definitely score well. Fun course to play. Front nine played quickly, back nine got caught up in league play and took 2.5 hours to play the back nine.

North Stonington, Connecticut