A view of a hole with water coming into play at Golf Club at Heather Ridge

The golf course at Heather Ridge provides not only a good game but also spectacular views overlooking the Rocky Mountains. The former private, 18-hole course is 6,106 yards at its longest tees and plays to a par of 70. Renowned golf course designer Richard Phelps designed the course, which opened in 1972. The small greens are undulating and extremely sloped. The course also features narrow fairways and water hazards. The most difficult hole on the Heather Ridge Golf Course is the 10th hole, which is a par-5 that covers 506 yards.

Heather Ridge Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Architect Dick Phelps (1972)

Carts Yes - $16
Clubs No

Great staff.

Course in good condition. Really enjoyed play the course.

Commented on 03/30/2020

Hi ronlohman. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Heather Ridge Golf Course when we reopen!

Commented on 03/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Heather Ridge Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/13/2020

Don't let the length fool you!

This facility has an awesome staff excellent layout for players of any level. I played several times a year and I'm never disappointed with the challenge this course offerings. My favorite hole is the par5 7th, which at times each my lunch and then other times leave me with great opportunities,

Equally important is the friendly staff here, and a fairly well kept course year round. If you have never played here, do not pass up this Hidden Gem.

Commented on 03/13/2020

Hi u000006781597. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Heather Ridge Golf Course!

Best bang for the buck in town!

I love this old golf course. Not the prettiest in the world, but lots of fun and very affordable. Back tees can make this challenging for even some experienced golfers, and middle tees are great for an easy round on this condo-lined course. Leave your driver in the bag if you aren’t confident keeping it straight! Staff is super friendly. Bar upstairs is open late every night of the week all year long. Best value golf in the Denver metro!

Commented on 03/13/2020

chrisbortiz, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Heather Ridge Golf Course.

Awesome staff

This golf course is a hidden gem in southeast aurora. I have played here weekly due to the great staff and golf condition. It's pretty well kept even in winter. It's challenging due to the surrounding homes, must be able to hit it straight in order to score well. It's a par 70 course.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us phumanbad. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Heather Ridge Golf Course thanks you!

Decent course among houses with some tricky elements

Played for $30 on Golfnow with a cart, so it was a good value. The course is very tightly woven among a housing development. Some of the holes are pretty tight, and it would definitely be a little easier the second time, knowing where the best positions are. Main defense is the greens, which are fast and very undulating.

Not as good as some of the municipal courses, in that the golfers seem to be a little less courteous. Many bunkers weren't raked, ball marks not repaired, etc. Driving range is tight and you hit off of mats. No bunker/chipping area.

Pace of play was about 4:45. There was a marshall but he didn't seem to be able to do anything to speed things up. They claim a goal of a 4 hour round but that didn't happen.

Nonetheless, worth playing if you get a deal.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Hello u000003876290. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The bees

I’m not sure what the attraction was but bees were around on every hole. Felt bad killing a few.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hello flachsmann. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice local course

I have played here many times and always a challenge.
Not long but a placement course. Bring a good putting stroke because the greens can be fast and then slow other days. The 19th hole is a sure bet for a cold beer and some munchies while telling the tales of that perfect shot today!

Fun round

Always a fun time playing golf at this course. Not a long course but a good layout and in great condition.

Solid course for a good value

Played 18 riding early on a Saturday. The course is in good shape and the greens are also pretty well maintained. They run pretty fast and true. I enjoy the setup of this course and the variance from hole to hole. There are a lot of shorter par 4s that require smart play and various risk/reward scenarios. We had some slow pace of play early but the marshal came out and successfully was able to get the groups ahead of us to pick up their pace of play. Overall, I think this course is a good value and provides a fun challenge.

True rolling greens .. fast.

Great course great price great times. Would definitely recommend this golf course to anyone, and the bar has friendly staff and great food!

Hit a house, win a prize!

The holes are tight and the skill level the place attracts is pretty low. Wear a helmet to be safe(r). The course is in relatively good shape. Nothing to be super excited about, but not horrible. My two big issues- there are houses just steps off the fairway on about half the holes. Some holes have houses on both sides. You might care less if you can get a drink, but no beer cart to be seen. Not once time. On Fathers Day.

I managed to get out of there sober, no injuries, and no houses harmed. The others in my foursome weren’t so lucky.... I wouldn’t go back.

Good course, a little pricey

This is a good course- well maintained and not too difficult. The pace was pretty slow- our round tops 5 hours. The price was also a little high for the quality- $45 including cart but no practice balls.

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.