The Summit Golf Club - Par-3 Course

Handicap 5 2 3 6 1 8 4 9 7
Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 27 27

Year Built 2001

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is preferred.

Must've caught him on a bad day

Have played this course probably 20 times and never had an issue with staff but today guy at club house was an absolute jerk. I was only one that showed up, it looked like, due to cold weather but I still endured. Guy must not like his job because he gave me nothing but attitude for showing up for my 2pm hot deal. Got 18 done in under 2 hours and was out before 4pm so dont know what his deal was. First bad experience with this course in 2 years golfing here. Still recommend.

u000004125165
Commented On 2018-10-17T01:19:52.000+00:00

We take your comments very seriously. I sent you 4 rounds with cart for your next outing. If you didn't receive them, please email me at info@summitgolfclub.com.

Summit Golf Club Staff

up and down at the Summit

if you like really hilly courses where you are not sure exactly where you are going...you will love the Summit. The back nine in particular is tough...I have played there about a dozen times and I am still not too sure just where to hit the ball on several of the holes. But...the bent grass fairways are a treat and the big greens have lots of undulations...bring a few extra balls!

Awesome Round

If you have not played the Summit, what are you waiting for. Awesome layout with the back playing in and out of the bluffs. If scoring is your thing...enjoy the front as the back gets a whole bunch tougher!!

LOVE the front nine, back nine is better than average

Front nine is great. The back nine has a couple hokey holes, but overall really this course. Greens are usually in really nice condition. You can easily walk the front, need a cart in the back.

Enjoyable course but two suggestions

Drove down from the Twin Cities to play The Summit for the first time. It had been on my radar for a few years. An easy drive.

Range was basic but adequate. Putting green was in good shape but a little too slanted. No starter.

There are a couple of gimmicky holes on the back (15 & 17) but in fairness this is a course you need to play a few times to get comfortable. Many times hitting driver is not the club off the tee.

The course was in good shape, the greens receptive and smooth, the rough cut an appropriate height. A pure golf experience. There was no beverage cart or drinking water on the course so bring your own.

This is a course I'd return to and play once or twice a year as I enjoyed it, but I'll offer two suggestions:

On a summer weekend a ranger is a must. Halfway thru the back nine things came to a grinding halt with a threesome that knowingly played slow and didn't care.

A ranger is needed to push them along as every hole was backed up. Not acceptable as our round took 4:45 and we could've played in 3:45 if not for the group ahead of us.

Also, to help with pace of play I would make the following change: change the gold tees to white and make the current white tees another color like green.

Unfortunately, the reality is that almost every average male golfer is going to play the whites because the gold tees are viewed as "senior" tees.

As a result a player in our group played from the whites and he had no business playing from there; he shot 100+. (We played the gold tees ourselves noting the 131 slope).

Same with the group ahead of us that was slowing everyone down - they should not have playing a slope 135, 6,400 yard course from the whites.

Make the gold tees white and these same players are now moving up a tee and most won't know the difference.

These players will have more fun, score better, play faster, and will likely return to the course because they had a good time.

Players tip: if no forced carry and you're debating between two clubs, take the lessor club. Short was better than long in these situations, i.e. not running thru the fairway into woods, bunkers, etc.

A good day!

My brothers and I played The Summit for the first time on 5/20/18 and look forward to playing it again!

Well kept course but...

Nice greens, nice fairways, and above average tee boxes.
I really like the layout of the front 9.
I wish I felt the same about the back 9.

Tough but fair.

Golfnow bookings went perfect. Beautiful course. Interesting holes, tough but fair. It's extremely challengin 1st time you play it so I'm really looking forward to future rounds, well worth it!!!

I love the first 11 holes, the last 7 are good but really hilly and I'm thinking some may find them too tricky.

A fun layout

It was my third time playing The Summit. The weather conditions were a little cool, and quite windy. The course conditions were great. A little damp in some lower areas, but overall the course is in good shape. The greens were quick and rolled well. The outside 9 are fairly straight forward with a few good chances to go at the pin, but the inside 9 get tricky with a few blind shots so playing the safe shot is the best way manage.

I got a great rate on Golfnow, so this course is definitely worth the short drive out of the Twin Cities.

Great value!

Make no doubt about it, this is a challenging course. The front and back nines are very different from each other. The front is flat and very walkable. The back has severe elevation changes. The course conditions have improved greatly over the last few years and this course has really matured into its challenging layout.

Great challenging course

Been here two dozen times. Very humbling course. If your not playing good after 11 holes, head to your car, 'cause you're about to break some clubs. Im a decent golfer and I've parred 15 one time in 2 dozen attempts. Can't stop going back though. I hate myself. Go later in the afternoon and the course is all yours. Love it. Good luck.

ONE-OF-A-KIND back nine

I'll echo every other review on this page. The back nine provides a uniquely challenging experience. Insane elevation changes on a handful of tee shots, plus tight corners and difficult pin placements. Loved it.

Excellent shape!

The greenskeeping here is on par with some of the upscale resort courses up north. The course itself is good but flawed. Holes 15 and 17 are downright ridiculous. But still I always enjoy coming here and I try to make it here at least a few times a year. I always try to walk it too to give myself some challenge.

Elevated Tees on Back 9

My husband and I enjoy this course. Good mix between the front and back 9. We enjoy the back 9 a little more with the views and elevated tees. Pace was great, especially with it being a holiday weekend. Highly recommend it. We always stop at Muddy Waters in Prescott on our way back to the cities. Good food, drinks and patio.

BrittneySGC
Commented On 2016-08-02T18:06:51.000+00:00

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! And thanks for the insight on Muddy Waters, people are always asking for a good place to stop!

Fun Course

A lot of fun. We got a good deal booking online with Golf Now.
Beautiful course. Fun to play.

Northfield, Minnesota
3.1904857143
Farmington, Minnesota
Kenyon, Minnesota
Farmington, Minnesota

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!
31286 Highway 19 Boulevard, Cannon Falls, MN 55009