Winding Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect R. N. Thompson (2000) Art Kaiser (2000)

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Can’t Complain

Used the hot deal to play 18 with a cart for $23 at 11:10AM. You really can’t beat that! I usually shoot around a 96. While this course had a handful of short, easy holes, most of them were pretty challenging for someone like me. I really enjoyed it! Sure, there’s some crab grass on the boxes and some dead spots on the green but for the money I paid I’d happily play here again.

Goat Ranch

Quite likely the worst-maintained course in Indianapolis.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Hello, Brady. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Winding Ridge Golf Club.

Needs a little work but not surprised

Can’t expect a ton when you pay $28 for 18 with a card on a beautiful Friday afternoon in September. Course is showing a lot of wear after a long summer of play. Greens are completely baked or dead in some areas, tee boxes either looked like the driving range or needed to be mowed badly, and fairways were alright but in some areas it was tough to distinguish between rough and the short stuff. Overall not bad for the price, but not the best round I’ve played in the past few weeks by far.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, thank so much you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please be advised that we have projects underway the course conditions. We hope that you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Winding Ridge Golf Club.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

First impression

I can imagine there are many courses that don’t have ranges. For me, that’s a problem. I play better once I have warmed up and synced my tempo for the round. Hitting clubs cold sucks. Or going through three or four holes and swinging the big stick for the very first time. Pace of play was a bit too slow. But that’s just the average golfers normal. Course had some area that were pitiful. But on par with the price I thought which was reasonable. We walked the course and it’s about 7.5 miles from the blue tees depending on your accuracy. But it’s golf. So it was fun to play. Try it

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Winding Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Had tons of fun - tricky greens

Each hole had its own challenges and I liked the variety. It was a great price for 18 holes and it took us roughly 4 1/2 hours to finish. We're not pro golfers by any stretch so I'm sure a better golfer could finish it much more quickly! I'll definitely go again.

Friendly laid back course

Perfect course for beginner golfer or intermediate players. Pace of play is what you’d expect for weekend afternoon golf. An enjoyable day on the links.

Good value for casual round of golf.

Staff was friendly and course offers enough challenge for the average golfer.

Poor Customer Service

Was told that after only playing 6 holes that I couldn't get a rain check. Huh? This is one of them good ol boys network here. Never felt welcoming. Especially since my companion was Caucasian. Never again even if it was free of charge.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hello Naythan, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Be advised, we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Winding Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Don’t care about COVID.

If you’re a single: they make you ride with someone if they have the same tee time.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Winding Ridge Golf Club.

Bad ownership

Went golfing and it started storming unexpectedly. Booked through golf now and was told to ask for a refund through them. Owner refused to refund saying they only issue rain checks. Nightmare experience will never go back

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to know you consider the course one of your favorites, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Winding Ridge Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Winding Ridge Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Great Course!

And not just for the value! Full 18 holes, links style with some water in just the right places. Challenging enough for novice players, but not so much you can’t enjoy it. And a few holes with perfect placement of bunkers and water to make you question, “Should I go for it?” Definitely coming back...

One of my top three courses around Indianapolis

I first played this course back in 2010, I continue to enjoy myself every time I visit. I am an RN Thompson Golf Group Platinum Multi-Course Member.

Windy but fun.

Played eighteen holes by Terry Schill.
The wind was howling!!!!
Listed as 23 mph but gusting to at least 40. A dollar bill flew past me on number 12 so fast I couldn't catch it.
Terry Schill drove the short par four number sixteen ant three putted!!
This course is very fun. Bring your friends and expect to have a good time. Be careful playing the white tees at 6,054 yards they play longer. Fair warning.