Winding Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect R. N. Thompson (2000) Art Kaiser (2000)

W.R.

I have played this many since it open. Many improvements to the course have been made. This year seems to be the best since I have been playing, as far as improvements go. Keep up the great work look forward to another round.

Great place to play!!

Enjoyed playing there as always!! Pleasant staff. Only thing missing was the carts that have the map course and computerized tracker from hole to hole. Love playing when the carts have them. I will still continue to play. I like the length of this course as it gives you lots of par 4 and 5’s.

Disappointing

I hadn't played this course in years and thought I would give it a try. Big mistake! I had secured a tee time through GolfNow and checked in early. The staff person couldn't find my tee time until I showed it to him on my cell phone. He said, "Oh yeah, you're with the ____group and they don't tee off for another 40 minutes." I told him I knew I was early but was hoping I could get off since there wasn't anyone around (it had just finished raining). He said I couldn't do that because I had to share a cart. I asked him why and he said since I used GolfNow, I had only purchased one seat in a cart. I acknowledged that a cart does indeed have one seat. He said, "yeah, but you only purchased half of that seat". I told him that I use GoldfNow exclusively and I had NEVER been denied a cart. He then said, "that isn't true." I asked him if he was calling me a liar, at which time he chose to shut up. I went on with the round only because it was too late to cancel, but I will NEVER go back there. Oh yeah, it was 86% humidity that day and no water to drink on the course.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Winding Ridge Golf Club. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. They are great at working to resolve any issues. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Lovely Day

Course in great shape if you stay straight.

Second cut and mounds pretty dry if you have a tendency to stray off the fairways or greens.

Lovely day on a nice course!

Great course especially for the price.

The weather was great and the course was in above to excellent shape. A couple of fairways were wet and spongey but it really didn’t affect our play. It had rained in days so not sure why it was wet in those areas. There were several holes that were very well laid out. Our favorite was an elevated fairway with a blind shot to the green from most likely over 150 yards out. The course wasn’t too difficult overall which helped end in a decent score.
Our only complaint was the food service. The lady there was prepping food with bare hands while taking money from customers without washing. I ordered a hot dog that was re-heated in the micro until it split open. Yuk. The chicken salad sandwich was huge and really had too much filling. There was no way you could expect to take this sandwich to go and eat while hading out to play the back. I took two bites from my daughters since the hot dog was a struggle to get down. I had to go wash my hands after trying to hold the sandwich together as it was so heavy and wet from too much chicken salad. So, all in all, I probably would have gave it a higher ranking if the hygiene was up to standard. If we were very hungry I probably would have passed up on the food.

Great course!

Great course for the money! Would recommend to anyone!

Great Value

This course is tucked away on the far east side of town, fun layout and nice condition. For the price to play and the course conditions it’s a great deal.

Fun Course to play

Staff member seemed to have an attitude about use of
GroupGolfer vouchers. One of my group had to pay
full price because staff told him his voucher had already
been used. After our round, he inquired with GroupGolfer and found out his voucher number was entered twice,
making his voucher invalid. His $18 was credited to his
account. We play often, and use GroupGolfer vouchers
when we can. We like this course, but the fellow lets
his feelings about the vouchers show. I recommend the course and will play there again.

Only thing they are missing is a true driving range. Nice course in a crap neighborhood.

Still a great local track

I worked at this course 15 years ago when it opened it was run by RN Thompson and his team and maintained by superintendent Michael Jordan. John, David and Karen Scott where the management team and they're still there today maintaining what is really the best value in golf around the Indianapolis metro area.

Played this course today. It’s october. Cold okay? It was cold. Had a frost delay. I understand because it’s cold. I was the only guy playing. First one all day and wow was it worth it being cold. Beautiful course. I have a natural “draw” so the water was never an issue for me. The carts are so comfortable they make nearly touching 100 an absolute pleasure. Amazing fairways. Was nice to hit off of them twice. Rough was great. Either there weren’t many trees letting go of their leaves or the staff does a great cleanup job which is appreciated this time of year. Great time and great course. Play it!!!

Winding Ridge-can be great

I’ve always been frustrated playing Winding Ridge. It’s a course I feel has the potential to be great, but too often I feel like it’s poorly maintained and pace of play is usually a nightmare.
Today was different, the course was in fairly good condition, though the fairways all looked a little too thick. And perhaps b/c it was just my friend and I playing, we finished in a tidy 3 1/2 hrs. That’s easily 1 1/2 hrs less than it usually takes to finish 18.

Fun course

I really like this course. Just sucked I got stuck behind a 4 some playing really slow and they wouldn’t let me play thru. Nothing bad to say about the course though. Just happened to run into so bad, slow players.

This course may appear easier then it seems. Tough pin positions make a good drive with an accurate lay up essential to get off a hole with a good score. Greens and fairways are well maintained with great tee boxes to challenge any level golfer. Overall a fun course where the holes do not run next to each other.

Convenient location.

This was third time playing this course this year.
They have good specials on GroupGolfer.
Have played here since they opened in late
nineties. Course is in good shape and has
matured well. I have introduced many of
my golf friends to this course over the years.

Fishers, Indiana

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.