Year Built 1999
Greens Bent

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Best Kept 9 Hole Course

Absolutely love this course. Can play 9 holes in 1:30 so it perfect for a quick game after work. Switching between the Blue and White tees changes a lot of how some of the obstacles come into play. Very well kept, slight issues with the irrigation system so some of the fairways are always wet. The staff is wonderful. I play here at least once a week.

Great place to play game of Golf

Course in great shape like very much playing this place

Indy Advisor

I can't believe I've been missing out!

Buffer Park is a 9 hole course essentially hidden on the south west side of Indianapolis just inside the 465 loop. It is the best 9 hole course I have ever played, and rumor has it to be one of the best 9 hole courses in the country. The layout is a perfect mix of challenging and good opportunities to make birdie. I liked all 9 of the holes, but the sixth hole is a gorgeous par 3. There was some water damage around the course and the greens were a bit pocked up or this would be a five star course. I will be back sooner than later!

Indiana Advisor

Quite possibly the best 9hole course you'll play

Played Friday afternoon - it was a little hot, but ample sunshine and a little breezy.

This course is almost always in perfect shape; they spend their money wisely and it's a reliable way to part with your money. Tees, fairways, rough are all fully grassed. Bunkers were in great shape, greens were solid as well. There are a few strategic bunkers to get you thinking off the tee. I like the routing, the site was formerly landfill and they use some elevation changes to keep it interesting. I think they blend challenges with some easier holes well.

The par 5 opener sports a massive fairway, which helps you ease into your round. Most of the landing areas are pretty generous: the par 4 fourth is a short, gettable hole so fire away. The fifth can be a tester off the tee, but don't let the tee box point you in the wrong direction. No matter which tees you're playing, I think you should go up the back tees on the par 3 sixth; from there the holes is one of the best short holes in the Indy area. The last two home holes are a great tests; have fun getting your approach to the back of nine's green when the flag is there. Par on this one feels great.

For the money, you can't get much better. The consistency in conditions makes this a great and reliable way to spend time on the course, usually under 2 hours.

Great Place

First time at this course ever and the attendant at the front desk allowed me to use 4 irons 3 hybrids and a wedge and used balls without question. Carts are best around. REALLY BUSY on a Saturday and still was not pushed or pushing at all!!! The course is the best 9 hole course I have ever played!! it's hard enough to challenge a low/mid handicap player but to allow a high handicap enjoy there day. WIDE FAIRWAYS 2nd/3rd cuts are excellent greens are perfect and smooth. And the view is something else. WILL be my weekly course for a while. Only issue I had was there wasn't many commodities they have every ball and nice used balls but as of second hand clubs for sale as most courses have wasn't too many and they didn't have the price as the pro wasn't there!

Great 9hole gem

Great 9hole gem where you would not expect a golf course to be. Great staff. Great value. Beautiful challenging course. Highly recommend.

Great Find

I have lived in indy for 10 years and I had never heard of this course. I played earlier today and I was amazed. The course is a nice setup and it is in fantastic shape. I have played the majority of the top tier courses in the region this summer and this course is in better shape than all of them. It's a 9 hole course, but if it were 18, it would be in the GCI, Trophy, Fort class. I was very impressed and it was a great deal for the $

Very well maintained course.

BP is always green and lush. I've played most of the courses in central Indiana and BP is one of the most enjoyable. It's not a difficult course but challenging enough to be interesting. People are always pleasantly surprised the first time they play this course. Not a country club setting but a very well maintained course.

Plush nine hole course

This golf course is always in pristine condition. Plush, challenging, great layout. highly RECOMMEDNDED. Best nine hole course you will play. Compares to the upper end 18 hole courses like Prairie View, Purgatory etc..

Well kept course, great value for 9 holes.

This course is a great 9 hole course. Great looking golf holes. Well kept greens and fairways. Highly recommend.

Beautifully designed and maintained course.

THIS COURSE WAS A VERY NICE SURPRISE. VERY CLEAN, AND A FUN COURSE TO PLAY. IMPRESSIVE.

Nice course...need to change the name.

I recently was visiting my neice for the weekend and wanted to play a quick 9 holes of golf. I found this course so enjoyable I had to replay it. The course layout is quite nice. Relatively generous fareways but there is water that can come into play on several holes. This is not a cow pasture course (back and forth...side to side holes) but has a gentle rolling series of holes well laid out. Also, no condos or homes on the course and surrounded by trees. I have been playing golf for 25+ yrs and I would recommend it to anyone at any level of play.

Rob

Very suprised -

Been here several times, always have had excellent experiences, a amazing gentlemen by the name of Chuck runs counter during afternoon hours, i recently went last week evening ours and another older gent' ran the counter. He was very short, but no need to chat I got key and on my way. IT was raining, literally nobody on the course, so I was taking my time. He approached me after a hour of my play, and I first asked, How you doing sir!? He then said' not very good, you are taking too long to play, I then apologized and stated how I was only taking more time for there is nobody else on the course, He then went on to tell me how I dont know how to play the game of golf, (I shoot par, on a regular basis.) and I am wasting the courses money, and his personal money as well. I felt so uncomfortable I just wanted to grab my ball and leave right then, but I finished. The most rude encounter I have almost ever had for paying a business my money and feeling this way. Very disappointing in this disgruntled employee. I literally cannot believe that this happend, I am still very baffled by this a week later, and by no means complaining, i very much hope they notice this and correct the issue for the course is very nice, and the other employees running it are kind. Thank you.

Beautifully kept.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well this course is maintained. Beautiful greens and fairways. Pretty friendly layout. Nice course.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

very nice course

if u get a chance to play buffer park u will not regret it, very nice and maintained

solid

Solid. This is surely one of the better 9 hole courses you are going to find. Me being a golfer on a budget though I never really play there. I was able to find a time on GN saving well over 50 percent for the 9 holes. Must have been a slow time becausone was really out there. Course is a challenge for the amatuer and in great shape. I wasn't a fan of the sandy greens though, your ball barely makes a divot and some putts that appear fast actually slow down. I would play again, but only at a large discounted price.

good layout well maintained

accuracy is a must at this nine hole layout
well conditioned while allowing you to hit a variety of shots either in the air or on the ground

Want to play a championship caliber course but only time to play 9?

This is the place for you. I have played this course at least a dozen times and find it just that, a championship 9 hole course. Every hole is beautiful with it's own special challenges, perhaps none more so than the par 3 6th. It plays about 175 from the elevated back tees across a water hazard that is a filled in quarry. The green is above rocks at the quarry's edge and below a tall berm that separates the course from active quarries. Don't think you are going to just another "cow pasture" 9 hole course. This place is the real deal.

Excellent value. Very nice course

I played this course twice this week. It's in excellent shape. Greens roll well and are moderate in speed. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

3.2200588235